Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 89 Vouvray Dom. du Viking

the local wine store was tasting tonight and this was on the menu.

From the first whiff of ripe grape I knew this was going to be a knock
out wine. The nose was intense honey, apple, (hint of diesel?) In the
mouth full and rich with a long finish. He had five Cab Francs to taste
but after the Vouvray it was all downhill.

(he tasted the Vouvray where he did so people could compare it to the
$10 Vouvray and see just how much difference there can be.

Needless to say I bought some (21.99US. Now I just have to come up with
a good excuse.
Posted to alt.food.wine

I have had this wine several times recently. It is a good and interesting
wine.

You noticed diesel also, I decanted and it blew off after 20 min.

Oddly, the corks were all kind of yukky also but not imparting bad flavor.
The retailer had warned me. The wine was in caves until about 2 years ago
still not labeled I was told.

Vouvray Joseph Coulter[_8_] Wine 0 26-07-2009 10:11 PM
WTN: Bdx, CalChard, Vouvray DaleW Wine 3 05-02-2008 02:59 PM
Vouvray Ed Rasimus Wine 18 01-08-2007 06:40 PM
More Vouvray Ed Rasimus Wine 2 30-07-2007 07:01 PM
[TN] Vouvray Nils Gustaf Lindgren Wine 12 11-10-2006 08:42 PM