Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN first 2005 Rully

well, my first case of en primeur 2005 white burgundy arrived and we thought
lets have a try.

Rully 1ere Cru Olivier Leflaive.
Tasted with simple Evesham asparagus, butter and black pepper.

Pale gold, huge legs, very viscous and bright. Disjointed young nose with
butter and bisquits, restrained, soft fruit and acidity, raw edges, but very
drinkable. Long.

had the rest of the bottle last night with more asparagus, ( Evesham
asparagus is the finest in the world, and its only down the road. IMHO, of
course.

Nose had softened and the raw edges blended well, palate the same but more
length.

Now if this an example of a basic 2005 white burg, open your wallets and buy
as much as you can afford, I am certainly going to add, just on this
splendid showing of a very young wine which will soften and blend over the
next few years.

JT

TN: 2 still roses, 1 Pet Nat rose, and a Rully blanc by the Hudson DaleW Wine 0 07-07-2016 06:18 PM
TN: good wines, a Minervois rose and a Rully blanc DaleW Wine 5 01-05-2009 03:31 PM
Summerfest 2005 Steve Vegetarian cooking 0 11-02-2005 06:16 PM
September, 2005 Gus Barbecue 2 08-02-2005 06:19 AM
Rully Les Margotés 1er Cru 2001 Brelière Nils Gustaf Lindgren Wine 0 11-09-2004 09:24 AM