Gus

Default September, 2005

Fellow Qers...

You can put this onto your calendars for a nifty event worth attending. In
fact, if someone will step forth and explain to me how to arrange a small Q
cookoff sort of deal during that event, I will do my very lovliest to set
things up and invite you and the rest of the world to be there.

September 8, 9, and 10, 2005.
Sampson State Park (free admission during this time - there is a charge for
camping with RV's however)
Highway 96A, Romulus, New York (about midway between Geneva NY and Watkins
Glen NY)
Annual reunion of the Sampson Air Force Base Veterans Association

On September 8th is what we call our "Museum Work Day." (We have
constructed a large military museum at the park in conjunction with the Navy
Vets of WW2). Most folks find something useful to do that day as to
cleanup, fixup, paintup, etc., and so we put on a free feed for all. Every
year for the last 5 years the vets and guests have been treated to some fine
Texas-style chili dogs (Polish sausages, chili, and the works!) by me and
other stuff by other folks, too. Last year that ration was increased by
adding Qd ribs and briskets by a guy from NH and one from Mass. All of it,
dogs, ribs, briskets, disappeared like magic.

You all have gotten me to thinking how nice it would be to have some of you
there at that reunion (whether or not you are a military veteran) to
participate in "feeding the troops" with some great Q.

Most folks attending stay in either Geneva or in Waterloo, but there is also
a very large campsite at the park with facilities for RV's, including
electricity and a dump station, etc. They even have places for tenters.

What a nifty treat for the vets that would be, and what good fun it would be
for the Qers, like thee and me. I will be going there from Texas with the
little red pickup loaded down with good eats, so I know that many others
could make the trip, too.

But, as I mentioned, it would be appreciated if folks would clue me in as to
how these things should be run... like how to handle "awards" and the like.

See you all around the area,
Gus Kilthau
Houston, Texas
Redneck's Kitchen

Gus wrote:
> Fellow Qers...
>
> You can put this onto your calendars for a nifty event worth

attending. In
> fact, if someone will step forth and explain to me how to arrange a

small Q
> cookoff sort of deal during that event, I will do my very lovliest to

set
> things up and invite you and the rest of the world to be there.
>
> September 8, 9, and 10, 2005.
> Sampson State Park (free admission during this time - there is a

charge for
> camping with RV's however)
> Highway 96A, Romulus, New York (about midway between Geneva NY and

Watkins
> Glen NY)
> Annual reunion of the Sampson Air Force Base Veterans Association
>
> On September 8th is what we call our "Museum Work Day." (We have
> constructed a large military museum at the park in conjunction with

the Navy
> Vets of WW2). Most folks find something useful to do that day as to
> cleanup, fixup, paintup, etc., and so we put on a free feed for all.

Every
> year for the last 5 years the vets and guests have been treated to

some fine
> Texas-style chili dogs (Polish sausages, chili, and the works!) by me

and
> other stuff by other folks, too. Last year that ration was increased

by
> adding Qd ribs and briskets by a guy from NH and one from Mass. All

of it,
> dogs, ribs, briskets, disappeared like magic.
>
> You all have gotten me to thinking how nice it would be to have some

of you
> there at that reunion (whether or not you are a military veteran) to
> participate in "feeding the troops" with some great Q.
>
> Most folks attending stay in either Geneva or in Waterloo, but there

is also
> a very large campsite at the park with facilities for RV's, including
> electricity and a dump station, etc. They even have places for

tenters.

> What a nifty treat for the vets that would be, and what good fun it

would be
> for the Qers, like thee and me. I will be going there from Texas

with the
> little red pickup loaded down with good eats, so I know that many

others
> could make the trip, too.
>
> But, as I mentioned, it would be appreciated if folks would clue me

in as to
> how these things should be run... like how to handle "awards" and the

like.

> See you all around the area,
> Gus Kilthau
> Houston, Texas
> Redneck's Kitchen

Gus,

You are in luck! Two organizations I've found lay it all out pretty
well in their sanctioning guidlines.

KCBS: http://www.kcbs.us/sanctioning.jsp

FL BBQ Association: http://www.flbbq.org/fba_sanction.htm

Rob

Gus

" > wrote in
message oups.com...

> [...]

> tenters.
> >
> > What a nifty treat for the vets that would be, and what good fun it

> would be
> > for the Qers, like thee and me. I will be going there from Texas

> with the
> > little red pickup loaded down with good eats, so I know that many

> others
> > could make the trip, too.
> >
> > But, as I mentioned, it would be appreciated if folks would clue me

> in as to
> > how these things should be run... like how to handle "awards" and the

> like.
> >
> > See you all around the area,
> > Gus Kilthau
> > Houston, Texas
> > Redneck's Kitchen

> Gus,
>
> You are in luck! Two organizations I've found lay it all out pretty

Thank you Rob. I will check those links out. Appreciate the assistance.
Gus Kilthau
Houston, Texas