Posted to alt.food.wine

Default What's the least expensive wine you've enjoyed?

> > Wow, several Borsao references here. I'll add another, the "regular"
> > Borsao has been a perennial favorite in our house,. it used to be
> > close to $4 - now more like $7.

> Dale,
> Any idea what the full name of the regular Borsao might be? I'm clueless
> about Spanish wine appelation names. would that be the 'Bodegas Borsao
> Borsao Campo de Borja'?
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

> Jon,
> that sound right. The one with the black background on label.

Dale,
Picked up a bottle last week and tried it over the weekend. Very nice. This
Borsao is a blend of 75% Garnacha and 25% Tempranillo, while the Vina Borgia
Campo de Borja was 100% Garnacha. The blend had a much softer, more
'finished' feel to it.

We had a bit left that I'm going to use in a reduction sauce for some duck
I'm making tonight.

Jon

Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 7, 8:47?am, "Zeppo" > wrote:
> > > Wow, several Borsao references here. I'll add another, the "regular"
> > > Borsao has been a perennial favorite in our house,. it used to be
> > > close to $4 - now more like $7.

> > Dale,
> > Any idea what the full name of the regular Borsao might be? I'm clueless
> > about Spanish wine appelation names. would that be the 'Bodegas Borsao
> > Borsao Campo de Borja'?

> > Thanks,
> > Jon
> > Jon,
> > that sound right. The one with the black background on label.

> Dale,
> Picked up a bottle last week and tried it over the weekend. Very nice. This
> Borsao is a blend of 75% Garnacha and 25% Tempranillo, while the Vina Borgia
> Campo de Borja was 100% Garnacha. The blend had a much softer, more
> 'finished' feel to it.
>
> We had a bit left that I'm going to use in a reduction sauce for some duck
> I'm making tonight.
>
> Jon

I like Grenache in blends, but seldom as 100%. I like this better than
the more expensive Tres Picos, it seems better balanced to me.