Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2001 Castelnau

Does anyone know this wine? According to vintage charts, 2001 Sauternes
are supposed to be excellent, but still young. Does that apply to this
second label (Suduiraut)? I bought a 375ml bottle today from a local
merchant for US$24. I love Sauternes but I can't make the down payment
on the good stuff. Thanks.

Andy

Posted to alt.food.wine

I bought 6 375 bottles of this this summer. Have not Tried.

When recommened to me the store person indicated it was outstanding. Later
he mailed me a Parker write up of 98 points.

I will probably try some in near future...planing to have some foie gras
before New Years!!! :-)

"AyTee" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Does anyone know this wine? According to vintage charts, 2001 Sauternes
> are supposed to be excellent, but still young. Does that apply to this
> second label (Suduiraut)? I bought a 375ml bottle today from a local
> merchant for US$24. I love Sauternes but I can't make the down payment
> on the good stuff. Thanks.
>
> Andy

Posted to alt.food.wine

Sorry, I was responding thinking you were reffering to Suduiraut.

"Richard Neidich" > wrote in message
nk.net...
>I bought 6 375 bottles of this this summer. Have not Tried.
>
> When recommened to me the store person indicated it was outstanding.
> Later he mailed me a Parker write up of 98 points.
>
> I will probably try some in near future...planing to have some foie gras
> before New Years!!! :-)
>

> "AyTee" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>> Does anyone know this wine? According to vintage charts, 2001 Sauternes
>> are supposed to be excellent, but still young. Does that apply to this
>> second label (Suduiraut)? I bought a 375ml bottle today from a local
>> merchant for US$24. I love Sauternes but I can't make the down payment
>> on the good stuff. Thanks.
>>
>> Andy

Posted to alt.food.wine

Second labels are typically intended for earlier drinking, I'd go
ahead. That is said without personal knowledge of this particular wine,
just as a general observation. If you do, please report!

AyTee wrote:
> Does anyone know this wine? According to vintage charts, 2001 Sauternes
> are supposed to be excellent, but still young. Does that apply to this
> second label (Suduiraut)? I bought a 375ml bottle today from a local
> merchant for US$24. I love Sauternes but I can't make the down payment
> on the good stuff. Thanks.
>
> Andy

Posted to alt.food.wine

Thanks. I will open and report before long.

DaleW wrote:
> Second labels are typically intended for earlier drinking, I'd go
> ahead. That is said without personal knowledge of this particular wine,
> just as a general observation. If you do, please report!

Where were you? 9/11/2001...STU Tony Salazar General Cooking 0 16-09-2010 01:50 PM
Where were you? 9/11/2001 A Moose In Love General Cooking 3 15-09-2010 01:06 AM
TN: 2001 Kamptal GV DaleW Wine 0 13-12-2007 02:06 PM
TN Castelnau de Sudruiraut Sauternes 2001 AyTee Wine 1 08-01-2007 03:56 PM
Obiron 2001 Richard Neidich Wine 2 08-09-2005 07:15 PM