Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Where were you? 9/11/2001

On Sep 13, 3:04*pm, Doug Freyburger > wrote:
> We had recently moved to Seattle metro and we watched the news over
> breakfast each morning for the traffic reports. *That day there would be
> no traffic reports.
>
> When I saw the fires in the first tower I thought it was an accident. *I
> recalled archival footage about at least two planes hitting the Empire
> State Building over the years.
>
> When the second plane hit and it was clear it was terrorism the first
> thing that went through my mind was domestic terrorism. *A year before
> there had been riots in Seattle during the World Trade Conference and
> there on the screen was a definite terrorist attack on the World Trade
> Center. *The linkage was too close for me - No way did I want my wife
> working downtown in a high rise that day. *I also recalled that after
> the Oklahoma bombing many had expected foreign terrorists but it had
> been a domestic terrorist.
>
> My wife lost at least one friend in the towers. *He was an early riser
> and his office was on one of the floors vaporized on the initial
> impact. He was never heard from again. *A few of his office colleagues
> were her acquaintances.
>
> For people I knew it was better news. *My nephew has a framed ticket for
> Flight 93 but his trip had been cancelled last second. *A handful of
> acquaintances from my previous company worked in the towers and there
> was a constant barrage of e-mail asking if each one was okay. One by
> one they checked in during the day. I knew a couple of people whose
> commute took them through the Pentagon subway station but no one who
> worked at the Pentagon at the time.
>
> So many people missed work or were late for work that day and lived
> because of it. *At an hour the planes were normally full they had more
> than half of their seats vacant. *Very many coincidents. *I figure the
> hand of deity works through conincidence.

I've never come across so many naive people who were hoodwinked by
their own government. Any of you ever do any research into what
actually happened that day? Any of you know how hot jet fuel burns
and what it takes to significantly weaken structural steel? Didn't
think so. duh da planes did it. duh news sez so.
Any of you ever think that maybe just maybe you let CNN do your
thinking for you? Didn't think so. Hey. If it's on FOX then it's
gotta be true.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"A Moose In Love" > wrote in message

> I've never come across so many naive people who were hoodwinked by
> their own government. Any of you ever do any research into what
> actually happened that day? Any of you know how hot jet fuel burns
> and what it takes to significantly weaken structural steel? Didn't
> think so. duh da planes did it. duh news sez so.
> Any of you ever think that maybe just maybe you let CNN do your
> thinking for you? Didn't think so. Hey. If it's on FOX then it's
> gotta be true.

What in the hell are you babbling about.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> Cheryl wrote:
>
>> What in the hell are you babbling about.

> I never knew there were so many conspiracy kooks around.

Fodder for my global killfile. A couple of months ago I wiped out my
killfile and started it over again. In the process I thought through my
strategy and the new one has better automation. But conspiracy kooks
often appear in single newsgroups.

> I'm
> going out on a limb and guess this particular genius isn't an
> engineer of any sort.

I remember a Paul Simon song "He's not the same as you and me. He
doesn't do poetry". Algebra has the same number of syllables so it
should be straightforward to do a spoof based on the Paul Simon song.
"When you say Newton he thinks you're talking about figgy cookies".

I've played with steel in a home hobbiest forge. It's very easy to over
heat the steel and have it sag into the coal. There was more than
enough paper and wood in the rooms and oxygen wind coming in through the
broken windows. When I read the first message that tower 7 had
collapsed it started to occur to me that the others might go as well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> Cheryl wrote:
>> "A Moose In Love" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> I've never come across so many naive people who were hoodwinked by
>>> their own government. Any of you ever do any research into what
>>> actually happened that day? Any of you know how hot jet fuel burns
>>> and what it takes to significantly weaken structural steel? Didn't
>>> think so. duh da planes did it. duh news sez so.
>>> Any of you ever think that maybe just maybe you let CNN do your
>>> thinking for you? Didn't think so. Hey. If it's on FOX then it's
>>> gotta be true.
>>>

>> What in the hell are you babbling about.

> I never knew there were so many conspiracy kooks around. I'm
> going out on a limb and guess this particular genius isn't an
> engineer of any sort.
>
> nancy

Nah. He's a tobacco picker.

Where were you? 9/11/2001...STU....ADMINISTRATION Tony Salazar General Cooking 0 16-09-2010 06:17 PM
Where were you? 9/11/2001...STU Tony Salazar General Cooking 0 16-09-2010 01:50 PM
TN: 2001 Kamptal GV DaleW Wine 0 13-12-2007 02:06 PM
2001 Rubis CdP Joseph Coulter[_3_] Wine 7 16-08-2007 05:18 AM
Obiron 2001 Richard Neidich Wine 2 08-09-2005 07:15 PM