Posted to alt.food.wine

Default City hall to auction wine collection

A sad day for Paris, but perhaps an opportunity for someone.

As reported in the NYT (subscription required):

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/20/wo...rtner=homepage

Seems to me that Chirac had it right. He acquired the wines at a good
price, aged them well, now they're ready to drink (and so worth a bunch
of zorros). So, enjoy! That's what official receptions are for.

I like Delanoë generally (which he was running for president) but this is
too much! To the barricades!

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom

Posted to alt.food.wine

Seems to me they both have it right. Chirac for buying great wines early at
good prices. And the new guy for taking the opportunity to raise some money
other than through taxes!

> Seems to me that Chirac had it right. He acquired the wines at a good
> price, aged them well, now they're ready to drink (and so worth a bunch
> of zorros). So, enjoy! That's what official receptions are for.
>
> I like Delanoë generally (which he was running for president) but this is
> too much! To the barricades!
>
> -E
> --
> Emery Davis
> You can reply to ecom
> by removing the well known companies

Rare Napa Inglenook Wine Up For Auction CalgaryLiqorDlv Wine 0 15-09-2011 02:13 PM
Louis-Dressner tasting at City Hall restuarant, NYC DaleW Wine 0 20-03-2011 03:24 AM
wine auction- KOS Wine 5 08-12-2006 04:47 PM
World Record Auction Price Set for Wine Old Boy Wine 2 11-07-2006 08:36 AM
To buy wine on auction renato Wine 2 10-09-2005 06:49 PM