Larisa

Default Iron and Zinc?

So, I've been eating no meat for about a month now. I notice that
every so often, I find myself craving meat - a physical craving rather
than an emotional desire for it. I remember this sort of craving from
a time when I was low on vitamin C, and had dreams about eating fruit
- I think this is a similar thing, my body telling me it needs a
nutrient I'm not giving it. So - what can I eat (other than iron
pills) that is high in iron? Or zinc? Or both?

LM
Steve

Larisa wrote:
> So, I've been eating no meat for about a month now. I notice that
> every so often, I find myself craving meat - a physical craving rather
> than an emotional desire for it. ....So - what can I eat (other than iron
> pills) that is high in iron? Or zinc? Or both?

http://www.veganhealth.org

Steve

--
Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"
Steve

Larisa wrote:
> So, I've been eating no meat for about a month now. I notice that
> every so often, I find myself craving meat - a physical craving rather
> than an emotional desire for it. ....So - what can I eat (other than iron
> pills) that is high in iron? Or zinc? Or both?

http://www.veganhealth.org

Steve

--
Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"
George Russell

Larisa wrote:
> So, I've been eating no meat for about a month now. I notice that
> every so often, I find myself craving meat - a physical craving rather
> than an emotional desire for it. I remember this sort of craving from
> a time when I was low on vitamin C, and had dreams about eating fruit
> - I think this is a similar thing, my body telling me it needs a
> nutrient I'm not giving it. So - what can I eat (other than iron
> pills) that is high in iron? Or zinc? Or both?

Here I go again.

Look at the ADA position paper:

http://www.eatright.org/Public/Files/veg.pdf

where you'll find sections on both iron and zinc, and tables of foods
rich in each.
Larisa

George Russell > wrote in message >...
> Larisa wrote:
> > So, I've been eating no meat for about a month now. I notice that
> > every so often, I find myself craving meat - a physical craving rather
> > than an emotional desire for it.

[moderator trimmed quoting - gedge]

> Here I go again.
>
> Look at the ADA position paper:
>
> http://www.eatright.org/Public/Files/veg.pdf
>
> where you'll find sections on both iron and zinc, and tables of foods
> rich in each.

Thanks! Exactly what I needed.

LM (off to buy some dried apricots...)