Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

Default Protein Breakfast bars

I wanted to share this recipe for breakfast bars. They are delicious,
easy to make, keep for weeks in the fridge and are excellent for
school lunches, camping or whatever. Best of all they are dairy free.

INGREDIENTS

1 cup rolled oats
Half a cup pumpkin pepitas
Half a cup chopped almonds
Half a cup coconut
Half a cup sesame seeds
1 cup ground almonds
Half a cup chopped dried apricots or dates
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons protein powder (vanilla)
Half a cup of tahini
Half a cup honey

METHOD

* Mix all ingredients together and press into slice tin
* Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C until golden brown.
* Cut into strips. Store in fridge
Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

what are pumpkin pepitas?

[quoting removed by moderator]
Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

signman0604 wrote:
> what are pumpkin pepitas?

Hulled pumpkin seeds.
Member

Most protein bars do have way too much sugar in them & I don''t ever feel full. I agree with the suggestion of a protein shake for the best weight loss results. Also, another great fast breakfast idea is a boiled egg. Lots of protein & fills you up. If you can handle eggs, I love them, you would be suprised how filling they are & good for you too!
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post
I wanted to share this recipe for breakfast bars. They are delicious,
easy to make, keep for weeks in the fridge and are excellent for
school lunches, camping or whatever. Best of all they are dairy free.

INGREDIENTS

1 cup rolled oats
Half a cup pumpkin pepitas
Half a cup chopped almonds
Half a cup coconut
Half a cup sesame seeds
1 cup ground almonds
Half a cup chopped dried apricots or dates
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons protein powder (vanilla)
Half a cup of tahini
Half a cup honey

METHOD

* Mix all ingredients together and press into slice tin
* Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C until golden brown.
* Cut into strips. Store in fridge
It looks too healthy thanks for sharing.