Richard Wakeford

Default Magimix Compact 3100 eggbeaters

I tried the eggbeater attachment yesterday and I can't get it to work. On
it's own without anything in the bowl it whizzes round as expected but, as
soon as even one eggwhite is put in, the the friction on the gears slow it
down so much that there's no hope of the eggs beaing beaten. I even put the
spatula into the dry bowl when the beaters were going and, as soon as the
slightest contact is made, the beaters slow right down again.

I'm at a loss as to why this should happen and the beater mechanism seems
perfectly ok to me although I can't see why it hould slow down so much.

Anyone got one of these and could help out at all please?

--
Richard