Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

Default Anyone know a great veg eatery in San Diego or Hawaii?

Hello! I'm only in San Diego for the month of April and than I'm off
to Hawaii. If anybody knows any great places to eat that are veggie
friendly I would love to hear about them. I've just discovered Cafe
India on Sports Arena Blvd in San Diego. The food is so amazing.
Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

clovergirl wrote:
> Hello! I'm only in San Diego for the month of April and than I'm off
> to Hawaii. If anybody knows any great places to eat that are veggie
> friendly I would love to hear about them. I've just discovered Cafe
> India on Sports Arena Blvd in San Diego. The food is so amazing.

Bandar had some yummy veggie options last time I was the
http://www.bandarrestaurant.com/

Jyoti Bihanga, between 33rd & 34th on Adams, is vegetarian (not
vegan, but with lots of vegan options). Don't go if you're in a
hurry, but DO order the mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy if you
know what's good for you. :-)

Mandarin House used to have a big veg menu (using gluten for pork
and seafood, and soy for chicken and ham, if I remember right), but
I haven't been there in a while:
http://entertainment.signonsandiego....s/places/87582

And of course most sushi places will serve avocado rolls, kappa
maki, etc.

I'll be down in May, and I'll have to check out some of my old
haunts and see if they still measure up.

Serene
Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

On 2007-04-13, clovergirl > wrote:

> Hello! I'm only in San Diego for the month of April and than I'm off
> to Hawaii. If anybody knows any great places to eat that are veggie
> friendly I would love to hear about them.

San Diego isn't the greatest city for being veg in my experience, though
I think the vegetarian / vegan community is growing there, and maybe I
just didn't know where to look. I haven't actually been down there for a
few years, except for Thanksgiving last year (didn't try any restaurants
on that trip).

This site:
http://www.livingvegan.org/
started in SD, and has a lot of information about local restaurants.

I strongly recommend Pokez (a veg-friendly Mexican place).
Lots of fairly veg-friendly places in the Hillcrest area.

Also, check out "Kung Food".
I've also heard good things about "Spread", though I've never been
there. Their menu looks great.

Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

Will Yardley wrote:

> I strongly recommend Pokez (a veg-friendly Mexican place).

I used to recommend them, and eat there every chance I got, but I
don't any more, not since this incident:

http://brian1789.livejournal.com/595105.html

(the people involved are friends of mine)

Serene