Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture

Default Life can have positive value

back, some time."

"Missis said that she would send down money for me, as soon
as they could get it together," said Tom. "I'm 'spectin, she will.
Young Mas'r George, he said he'd come for me; and he gave me this
yer dollar as a sign;" and Tom drew from under his clothes the
precious dollar.

"O, he'll certainly come, then!" said Eva. "I'm so glad!"

"And I wanted to send a letter, you know, to let 'em know
whar I was, and tell poor Chloe that I was well off,--cause she
felt so drefful, poor soul!"

"I say Tom!" said St. Clare's voice, coming in the door at
this moment.

Tom and Eva both started.

"What's here?" said St. Clare, coming up and looking at
the slate.

"O, it's Tom's letter. I'm helping him to write it," said
Eva; "isn't it nice?"

"I wouldn't discourage either of you," said St. Clare,
"but I rather think, Tom, you'd better get me to write your letter
for you. I'll do it, when I come home from my ride."

"It's very important he should write," said Eva, "because his
mistress is going to s