Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture

Default Life can have positive value

Clare, that has larnin, and riches, and friends,--how
much he might do for the Lord!"

"Tom, you seem to think the Lord needs a great deal done
for him," said St. Clare, smiling.

"We does for the Lord when we does for his critturs," said Tom.

"Good theology, Tom; better than Dr. B. preaches, I dare
swear," said St. Clare.

The conversation was here interrupted by the announcement
of some visitors.

Marie St. Clare felt the loss of Eva as deeply as she could
feel anything; and, as she was a woman that had a great faculty of
making everybody unhappy when she was, her immediate attendants
had still stronger reason to regret the loss of their young mistress,
whose winning ways and gentle intercessions had so often been a
shield to them from the tyrannical and selfish exactions of her
mother. Poor old Mammy, in particular, whose heart, severed from
all natural domestic ties, had consoled itself with this one
beautiful being, was almost heart-broken. She cried day and night,
and was, from excess of sorrow, less skilful and alert in her
ministrations of her mistress than usual, which drew down a
constant storm of invectives on her defenceless head.

Miss Ophelia felt the loss; but, in her good and honest heart,
it bore fruit unto everlasting life. She was more softened,
more gentle; and, though equally assiduous in every duty, it was
with a chastened and quiet air, as one who communed with her own
heart not in vain. She was more diligent in teaching Topsy,--taught
her mainly from the Bible,--did not any longer shrink from her
touch, or manifest an ill-repressed disgust, because she felt none.
She viewed her now through the softened medium that Eva's hand had
first held before her eyes, and saw in her only an immortal creature,
whom God had sent to be led by her to glory and virtue. Topsy did
not

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Francois Grieu

In article >, "Dutch" > wrote:

> What??? YOU use the concept in all your arguments then want ME
> to define it?
> The onus is on YOU to define what you mean by it.

Please do NOT include sci.crypt (group on cryptography) in this thread.

It looks like this whole thing was started by a troll, which main
motive appears to be to be to spam the group sci.crypt.

TIA,

Francois Grieu
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dutch

"Francois Grieu" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Dutch" >
> wrote:
>
>> What??? YOU use the concept in all your arguments then want ME
>> to define it?
>> The onus is on YOU to define what you mean by it.

> Please do NOT include sci.crypt (group on cryptography) in this thread.
>
> It looks like this whole thing was started by a troll, which main
> motive appears to be to be to spam the group sci.crypt.

I didn't notice that, it was probably our resident village idiot. I will try
to remember to omit it if he puts it back.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dutch

<dh@.> wrote in message news
> On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 08:12:25 +0100, Francois Grieu >
> wrote:
>
>>In article >, "Dutch" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>> What??? YOU use the concept in all your arguments then want ME
>>> to define it?
>>> The onus is on YOU to define what you mean by it.

>>Please do NOT include sci.crypt (group on cryptography) in this thread.
>>
>>It looks like this whole thing was started by a troll, which main
>>motive appears to be to be to spam the group sci.crypt.
>>

>>TIA,
>>
>> Francois Grieu

> Someone in that group possibly thought that someone else in that
> group might have something to contribute that's worth thinking about,
> regarding whether or not life can have positive value.

These fishing expeditions of yours into unrelated groups are rude,
inappropriate, and never result in gaining you any support for your
boneheaded ideas. Show a little class for once will you?

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,sci.crypt
dh@.

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 17:05:09 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message news
>> On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 08:12:25 +0100, Francois Grieu >
>> wrote:

>>>Please do NOT include sci.crypt (group on cryptography) in this thread.
>>>
>>>It looks like this whole thing was started by a troll, which main
>>>motive appears to be to be to spam the group sci.crypt.
>>>

>>>TIA,
>>>
>>> Francois Grieu

>> Someone in that group possibly thought that someone else in that
>> group might have something to contribute that's worth thinking about,
>> regarding whether or not life can have positive value.

>These fishing expeditions of yours into unrelated groups are rude,
>inappropriate, and never result in gaining you any support for your
>boneheaded ideas.

I didn't include the lame sci.crypt group:

Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 22:17:33 GMT

That's how it got involved. But just as you who amusingly/IGNORANTLY!
pasted the quote: "The method of husbandry determines whether or not the
life has positive or negative value to the animal" don't have any clue how
live could have positive value to animals regardless of quality, obviously no
one in sci.crypt has anything worth thinking about it either.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dutch

<dh@.> wrote
> I didn't include the lame sci.crypt group:

My apologies, how do you know it's lame?

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
dh@.

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 03:29:55 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote
>> I didn't include the lame sci.crypt group:

>My apologies,

Wow. It's a start...lol...but probably the end as well.

>how do you know it's lame?

In regards to considering whether or not life can have
positive value for farm animals, they are even lamer than
you are, and you can't do it at all. That's how I know. There
sure is a lot of sad humor in this shit.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dutch

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 03:29:55 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:
>
>><dh@.> wrote
>>> I didn't include the lame sci.crypt group:

>>My apologies,

> Wow. It's a start...lol...but probably the end as well.
>
>>how do you know it's lame?

> In regards to considering whether or not life can have
> positive value for farm animals, they are even lamer than
> you are, and you can't do it at all. That's how I know. There
> sure is a lot of sad humor in this shit.

You're sad all right, but not funny.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,sci.crypt
dh@.

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 20:23:38 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...
>> On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 03:29:55 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:
>>
>>><dh@.> wrote
>>>
>>>My apologies,

>> Wow. It's a start...lol...but probably the end as well.
>>
>>>how do you know it's lame?

>> In regards to considering whether or not life can have
>> positive value for farm animals, they are even lamer than
>> you are, and you can't do it at all. That's how I know. There
>> sure is a lot of sad humor in this shit.

>You're sad all right, but not funny.

Some of your stupidity is humorous in a sad way. Goo's too
.....in fact much of Goo's was hilarious. In this case it's just funny
in a sad way that you couldn't figure it out to begin with, and it's
funny that any people are lamer than YOU/"ARAs" at thinking
about whether or not life can have positive value. They're not
even better than Goo.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dutch

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 20:23:38 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:
>

>><dh@.> wrote in message ...

>>> Wow. It's a start...lol...but probably the end as well.

>>> In regards to considering whether or not life can have
>>> positive value for farm animals, they are even lamer than
>>> you are, and you can't do it at all. That's how I know. There
>>> sure is a lot of sad humor in this shit.

>>You're sad all right, but not funny.

> Some of your stupidity is

All of my stupidity is contained in my persistence in bothering with you.