Momzilla

Default repost: Ami's Frosted Coffe Bars

I first posted this last summer but a good recipe bears repeating.

Ami's Frosted Coffee Bars

1 1/2 cups sifted flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp instant coffee
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoon hot water
1/4 cup soft shortening ( I used Soy Garden Marg this time but I've used oil
or you can substitute with apple sauce).
1 cup packed brown sugar
Ener-G egg replacer equivalent to 1 egg
1/4 cup chopped walnuts ( or more if you're feeling extra nutty)
six oz. chocolate chips

Coffee Glaze
3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 tsp instant coffee
3 to 4 tsp water

Sift first five ingredients. Grease two 12"x8"x2" pans. Dissolve coffee in
hot water. Cream shortening, sugar and "egg" until very light and fluffy.
Blend in flour alternately with coffee. Beat in nuts and chips. Spread in
pans. Bake at 350 20-25 min. cool 10 minutes.
Frost. When you make the glaze, dissolve the
coffee first in 1-2 tbls of the water or you'll have speckled coffee bars.

Coffe makers Ed Pawlowski General Cooking 96 15-03-2012 07:47 PM
coffe and a cappuccino mycoolgirl General 5 21-04-2011 11:07 AM
The best coffe grinders RubyU Coffee 3 14-12-2006 04:50 PM
Frosted Banana Bars Duckie ® Recipes 0 04-06-2006 07:25 PM
Ami's Frosted Coffee Bars Momzilla Vegan 1 15-06-2004 02:37 PM