CARP

Default Just to clarify...

I have no problem with your dietary choices.

I have no problem with vegetarians/vegans.

I HATE PeTA

C.A.R.P.
--
There are choices...
and there are many.

Beach Runner

CARP wrote:

> I have no problem with your dietary choices.
>
> I have no problem with vegetarians/vegans.
>
> I HATE PeTA
>

> C.A.R.P.

I dislike Peta too, and I'm a vegan. Their tactics are offensive, such
as showing a picture of Juliano drinking milk when he got prostate cancer.

But the evidence you offered was genesis and dominion over animals.
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

> Beach Runner wrote:
>
>> The FDA had plenty of knowledge of the dangers of Viox.

> Vioxx. And there's NO evidence the FDA knew of any dangers before

Merck voluntarily withdrew Vioxx from the market. The possible cardiac
risks associated with Vioxx were observed during a trial of Vioxx's
efficacy in preventing recurrence of colorectal polyps in patients with
a history of colorectal adenomas. It was a three year trial and was
based on 25 mg dosage (Vioxx was also available in a 12.5 mg dose).
During the first half of it, there were no differences between placebo
and Vioxx groups with respect to heart attacks or strokes. There were
differences between the two groups after 18 months. There were no

>> I'd been on it for 2 years.

> And it never hurt you, did it. I was twice prescribed Bextra,

Pfizer's Cox-2 inhibitor (same class of drug as Vioxx), to relieve
inflammation in my knees. It's an effective treatment, but the FDA asked
Pfizer to voluntarily withdraw it from the market.

>> They did not take it off the market.

> There was reason to given the safety shown during previous trials.
>
>> Merk

> Merck.
>
>> did to prevent actions against them.

> They haven't prevented ANYTHING by withdrawing Vioxx from the market.

Numerous ambulance chasers have already filed class action suits against
Merck, and many more ambulance chasers are eagerly looking for clients
so they can sue the stuffing out of Merck's deep pockets. All those
ambulance chasers will try to convince juries that Merck's actions in
withdrawing Vioxx are an admission of guilt.

>> The FDA should have taken it and many other drugs off the market.

> Vioxx, Celebrex, Bextra, and other similar medications have been

withdrawn, at least temporarily.

>> BTW, I loved VIOX,

> Most people who took it did.
>
>> it really helped me, and I thought it was the safest drug I could take.

> And, at least in the short run and in the 12.5 mg dose, it was (and

probably IS) safe.

I think it will be placed back on the market with warnings for heart
patients. Or so my orthopedist states.

I doubt you're in a high risk group. You are knowledgeable about
nutrition and I hope you exercise regally.

Your problems are social in nature. In real life no one could be so rude.

Incidentally foods fortified are B12 is not a good source of B12 as ot
gets destroyed in the stomach. That's why B12 should be taken
sublingually or in a shot.

Beach Runner

Beach Runner wrote:

> CARP wrote:
>
>> I have no problem with your dietary choices.
>>
>> I have no problem with vegetarians/vegans.
>>
>> I HATE PeTA
>>

>> C.A.R.P.

> I dislike Peta too, and I'm a vegan. Their tactics are offensive, such
> as showing a picture of Juliano drinking milk when he got prostate cancer.
>
> But the evidence you offered was genesis and dominion over animals.

Excuse me has not go prostate cancer/
usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
<...>

Did your meds just kick in? Why do you paste stuff in to messages out of
thread? Why not just stick to addressing it in the thread you started on
VIOX [sic]?

>> And, at least in the short run and in the 12.5 mg dose, it was (and
>> probably IS) safe.

> I think it will be placed back on the market with warnings for heart
> patients. Or so my orthopedist states.

I don't know if Merck will bring Vioxx back to market, but the FDA's
request to other companies (like Pfizer for Bextra) was so they would
relabel their products along the lines of what your orthopedist suggests.

> I doubt you're in a high risk group.

I'm not.

> You are knowledgeable about
> nutrition and I hope you exercise regally.

I do.

> Your problems are social in nature.

I have no social problems.

> In real life no one could be so rude.

I've encountered people who are much more rude than you'll ever accuse
me of being.

Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

> Beach Runner wrote:
> <...>
>
> Did your meds just kick in? Why do you paste stuff in to messages out of
> thread? Why not just stick to addressing it in the thread you started on
> VIOX [sic]?
>
>>> And, at least in the short run and in the 12.5 mg dose, it was (and
>>> probably IS) safe.

>> I think it will be placed back on the market with warnings for heart
>> patients. Or so my orthopedist states.

> I don't know if Merck will bring Vioxx back to market, but the FDA's
> request to other companies (like Pfizer for Bextra) was so they would
> relabel their products along the lines of what your orthopedist suggests.
>
>> I doubt you're in a high risk group.

> I'm not.
>
>> You are knowledgeable about nutrition and I hope you exercise regally.

> I do.
>
>> Your problems are social in nature.

> I have no social problems.
>
>> In real life no one could be so rude.

> I've encountered people who are much more rude than you'll ever accuse
> me of being.++

The evidence here shows you as incredibly rude and mean.
usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
>> <...>
>>
>> Did your meds just kick in? Why do you paste stuff in to messages out
>> of thread? Why not just stick to addressing it in the thread you
>> started on VIOX [sic]?

>>> I think it will be placed back on the market with warnings for heart
>>> patients. Or so my orthopedist states.

>> I don't know if Merck will bring Vioxx back to market, but the FDA's
>> request to other companies (like Pfizer for Bextra) was so they would
>> relabel their products along the lines of what your orthopedist suggests.
>>
>>> I doubt you're in a high risk group.

>> I'm not.
>>
>>> You are knowledgeable about nutrition and I hope you exercise regally.

>> I do.
>>
>>> Your problems are social in nature.

>> I have no social problems.
>>
>>> In real life no one could be so rude.

>> I've encountered people who are much more rude than you'll ever accuse
>> me of being.++

> The evidence here shows you as incredibly rude and mean.

It also shows you to be a bumbling ass with one brain cell. I'll take
rude and mean over that any day.
Beach Runner

Beach Runner wrote:

> usual suspect wrote:
>
>> Beach Runner wrote:
>> <...>
>>
>> Did your meds just kick in? Why do you paste stuff in to messages out
>> of thread? Why not just stick to addressing it in the thread you
>> started on VIOX [sic]?

I wrote in response to a statement about about Peta.
I wrote I also disagree with Peta. For example, writing about
Julienne's medical condition Prostate Cancer with "Got Milk" was I felt
an invasion of his personal life.

You're the one who is confusing threads.

>>> I think it will be placed back on the market with warnings for heart
>>> patients. Or so my orthopedist states.

>> I don't know if Merck will bring Vioxx back to market, but the FDA's

Thank you for correcting my spelling of Merck.
>> request to other companies (like Pfizer for Bextra) was so they would
>> relabel their products along the lines of what your orthopedist suggests.
>>
>>> I doubt you're in a high risk group.

>> I'm not.
>>
>>> You are knowledgeable about nutrition and I hope you exercise regally.

>> I do.
>>
>>> Your problems are social in nature.

>> I have no social problems.

The evidence here is overwhelmingly contradictory. You write is such a
manner as to hurt people. You wrote my son was a homosexual when he was
recruited for wrestling. My lay opinion seeing your continued nasty
intention of hurting people's opinions.

You show no respect for religious rites that hurt no one, and in fact
kept a group of people together for thousands of years. And, it
prevented cross contamination, a problem recognized in homes and
restaurants.

>>> In real life no one could be so rude.

>> I've encountered people who are much more rude than you'll ever accuse
>> me of being.

I'm sure you have. Not in a vegan forum.

> The evidence here shows you as incredibly rude and mean.

usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:

> Beach Runner wrote:

Note that you're *REPLYING TO YOURSELF*, *DUMMY*.

>> usual suspect wrote:
>>
>>> Beach Runner wrote:
>>> <...>
>>>
>>> Did your meds just kick in? Why do you paste stuff in to messages out
>>> of thread? Why not just stick to addressing it in the thread you
>>> started on VIOX [sic]?

> I wrote in response to a statement about about Peta.

There's nothing in this thread about PeTA.

> I wrote I also disagree with Peta. For example, writing about
> Julienne's medical condition Prostate Cancer with "Got Milk" was I felt
> an invasion of his personal life.

His name is spelled G-I-U-L-I-A-N-I. You may as well get used to
spelling it because I think the odds are pretty high he'll be the next
Vice President of these United States.

> You're the one who is confusing threads.

No, I am not.

>>> I don't know if Merck will bring Vioxx back to market, but the FDA's

> Thank you for correcting my spelling of Merck.

You're welcome.

>>> request to other companies (like Pfizer for Bextra) was so they would
>>> relabel their products along the lines of what your orthopedist
>>> suggests.

>>> I'm not.

>>> I do.

>>> I have no social problems.

> The evidence

There is no evidence. You're an emotional twit on painkillers.

> You show no respect for religious rites that hurt no one,

They hurt those who embrace them: Jews who think they're special because
they have TWO sets of cookware; vegans who think they're more
compassionate because they don't eat animals (even though their food
results in unspeakable carnage); low-carb dieters who think they're
one-up on everyone else; etc.

> and in fact kept a group of people together for thousands of years.

Diet is not the factor which has kept Jews together.
Laurie

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
.. .
> I've encountered people who are much more rude than you'll ever accuse me
> of being.

Yes, and you have tried to emulate your hero, noBalls.

Laurie

usual suspect

Larry Fruity wrote:
>>I've encountered people who are much more rude than you'll ever accuse me
>>of being.

> Yes,

Speak of the devil.
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

> Beach Runner wrote:
>

>> Beach Runner wrote:

> Note that you're *REPLYING TO YOURSELF*, *DUMMY*.

>> I wrote in response to a statement about about Peta.

> There's nothing in this thread about PeTA.
>
>> I wrote I also disagree with Peta. For example, writing about
>> Julienne's medical condition Prostate Cancer with "Got Milk" was I
>> felt an invasion of his personal life.

> His name is spelled G-I-U-L-I-A-N-I. You may as well get used to
> spelling it because I think the odds are pretty high he'll be the next
> Vice President of these United States.

>> You're the one who is confusing threads.

> No, I am not.

>> Thank you for correcting my spelling of Merck.

> You're welcome.

Deep obvious social problems.

> There is no evidence. You're an emotional twit on painkillers.
>
>> You show no respect for religious rites that hurt no one,

I'm not the expert on a subject. I have read enough to know it's true.

> They hurt those who embrace them: Jews who think they're special because
> they have TWO sets of cookware;

They follow the interpretations. If you want to learn why ask some
people who do.

vegans who think they're more
> compassionate because they don't eat animals (even though their food
> results in unspeakable carnage); low-carb dieters who think they're
> one-up on everyone else; etc.
>
>> and in fact kept a group of people together for thousands of years.

> Diet is not the factor which has kept Jews together.

You simply are wrong. Strict kosher observation reduced intermarriage
and kept community. I read that in
http://www.ktav.com/product_info.php?products_id=1851

Ask your question if your interested on a Jewish group or ask a rabbi.

usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
> I'm not the expert on a subject.

That much is obvious!

> I have read enough to know it's true.

Non sequitur. Reading something -- no matter how much or how many times
-- doesn't make something true.

>> Diet is not the factor which has kept Jews together.

> You simply are wrong.

I am correct. MIHU YEHUDI? Is one a Jew because one retains bits and
pieces of archaic dietary law? Is one a Jew because one goes overboard
and owns two sets of cookware and splits dietary hairs far beyond the
commands found in Torah? Can one be a Jew -- make that a GOOD Jew --
while ignoring both the Biblical laws and the rigid, orthorexic demands
of Talmudic Judaism? Or are there other factors which are more central
to Jewish identity?