SK

Default Adopt a Vegan Soldier until March 06

A vegan airman in Afghanistan is having difficulty getting vegan food.
His post from www.anysoldier.com is below. He is strict vegan, has a
rice cooker, refriderator and a micrwave he can use. Please no
chocolate until the late Fall. He is requesting protien foods. Packages
can be sent at domestic US rates (within the US), under 10 lbs is
appreciated and wrap it like gonzilla will deliver it. I sent him a
couple of boxes of tofu "jerkey".

His name is Bill and e-mail is . He is in the
middle of a combat zone, so please, no flames.

Here is his post - see second paragraph:

SPC William F. Muir
Attn: Any Soldier
T/F 1/508 Delta Battery 319 1st PLT
APO AE 09354
(Use address exactly as shown.) (1)

Soldier's Title: Army Medic
Added he 20 April 2005
Expected to leave Afghanistan: 01 Mar 2006 (2)
Where in Afghanistan: Northern (3)
Contact for approx number of Males: 20, Females: 0 (4)

>From the Soldier:

Hello, my name is SPC Bill Muir, I am a medic from the 173rd Airborne
Brigade serving in Afganistan. My platoon is in the middle of nowhere
and could use a few things, such as: vitamins, sunscreen,gatorade
powder. We would also appreciate some food items, like microwaveable
popcorn and candy.

There is one guy in particular (myself) that is vegan (a strict
vegetarian) that doesnt eat any meat, fish, or dairy products, and as
you can imagine he is having a hard time here food-wise, so things like
cliff/luna bars, and microwaveable vegetarian meals would be awesome.
Thank you very much, and God bless.