Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Soldier Accused of being a Coward

Most people are aware that Peter Lucas once was Peter McGrath--Well
here is why Peter changed his name from McGrath/Stone/Williams/ and
then eventually to Lucas:

A soldier accused as coward says he is guilty only of a panic attack
Not since the Vietnam War has the Australian Army punished a soldier
for being too scared to do his duty.

But PTE Peter McGrath appeared in front of military court to face
charges he was a coward.

The Army says he is guilty of ''cowardly conduct as a result of fear''
and not performing his duties during training in the elite SASR.

But Private McGrath says he was not affraid or disobeyed orders. The
only thing he is guilty of, he says, is asking for help for a panic
attack.

''I couldn't function,'' Private McGrath said in his lawyer's office.
''I had this overwhelming sense of my own mortality. I kept looking
out the door thinking that I could be dead in two seconds from now.''

When he informed his superior that he was having a panic attack and
needed to see someone, Private McGrath said he was given two sleeping
pills and told to go away.

A few days later, Private McGrath was put on a plane and sent home.

Cowardice cases are very rare in the Military. According to the
Department of Defense, Private McGrath was found guilty of running
away from his duties in and sentenced to a dishonarable discharge
withot his pension.

His case is the last cowardice conviction on the books.

Military officials have declined to discuss the details of Private
McGrathcase. But a spokesman for Special Forces disagreed that a
soldier would be stigmatised simply for asking for help, even special
force personnel.

''Special Forces soldiers are mature professionals, and they know that
if someone is under stress and asking for help it is important to give
it to them,'' the spokeperson said.

Military officials also emphasized that being scared is not enough to
be charged with cowardice. To level such a charge, Army prosecutors
must have evidence that a soldier is frightened and misbehaves because
of that fear.

The Manual for Courts-Martial defines cowardice as ''misbehavior
motivated by fear.''

But the manual goes on to say that fear is ''a natural feeling of
apprehension when going into battle.''

The Military Judges' Benchbook defines cowardly conduct as ''the
refusal or abandonment of a performance of duty'' before or in the
presence of the enemy ''as a result of fear.''

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lucas (Coward)" > wrote in news:8e0b947d-
:

> ************************************************** *************
> A soldier accused as coward says he is guilty only of a panic attack
> Not since the Vietnam War has the Australian Army punished a soldier
> for being too scared to do his duty.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=
9F05E2D71739F935A35752C1A9659C8B63

http://tinyurl.com/4gdmgo

Soldier Accused as Coward Says He Is Guilty Only of Panic Attack

By JEFFREY GETTLEMAN
Published: November 6, 2003

Not since the Vietnam War has the Army punished a soldier for being too
scared to do his duty.

But on Friday, Sgt. Georg Andreas Pogany will appear in front of
military court here to face charges he was a coward.

The Army says he is guilty of ''cowardly conduct as a result of fear''
and not performing his duties as an interrogator for a squad of Green
Berets in Samarra, Iraq.

Is kirkland mentally ill?? Much.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Mi b'aill docha basaich air m' ris, sin mair air m'glun.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 06:59:58 +0000, PeterL wrote:

> "Lucas (Coward)" > wrote in news:8e0b947d-
> :
>

>> ************************************************** ************* A
>> soldier accused as coward says he is guilty only of a panic attack Not
>> since the Vietnam War has the Australian Army punished a soldier for
>> being too scared to do his duty.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=
> 9F05E2D71739F935A35752C1A9659C8B63
>

> http://tinyurl.com/4gdmgo
>
> **************************************** Soldier Accused as Coward Says
> He Is Guilty Only of Panic Attack
>

> By JEFFREY GETTLEMAN
> Published: November 6, 2003
>
> Not since the Vietnam War has the Army punished a soldier for being too
> scared to do his duty.
>
> But on Friday, Sgt. Georg Andreas Pogany will appear in front of
> military court here to face charges he was a coward.
>
> The Army says he is guilty of ''cowardly conduct as a result of fear''
> and not performing his duties as an interrogator for a squad of Green
> Berets in Samarra, Iraq.

> Is kirkland mentally ill?? Much.

Are you *ever* going to provide evidence that BK is behind these 'crimes'?
Let alone, that you have the correct B Kirkland?
Nope, corse not...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Whoever you are, you badly need mental health treatment. No one is falling
for this and it is only faintly amuzing at this stage.

I am serious. You need help.

"Lucas (Coward)" > wrote in message
> Most people are aware that Peter Lucas once was Peter McGrath--Well
> here is why Peter changed his name from McGrath/Stone/Williams/ and
> then eventually to Lucas:
>
> ************************************************** *************
> A soldier accused as coward says he is guilty only of a panic attack
> Not since the Vietnam War has the Australian Army punished a soldier
> for being too scared to do his duty.
>
> But PTE Peter McGrath appeared in front of military court to face
> charges he was a coward.
>
> The Army says he is guilty of ''cowardly conduct as a result of fear''
> and not performing his duties during training in the elite SASR.
>
> But Private McGrath says he was not affraid or disobeyed orders. The
> only thing he is guilty of, he says, is asking for help for a panic
> attack.
>
> ''I couldn't function,'' Private McGrath said in his lawyer's office.
> ''I had this overwhelming sense of my own mortality. I kept looking
> out the door thinking that I could be dead in two seconds from now.''
>
> When he informed his superior that he was having a panic attack and
> needed to see someone, Private McGrath said he was given two sleeping
> pills and told to go away.
>
> A few days later, Private McGrath was put on a plane and sent home.
>
> Cowardice cases are very rare in the Military. According to the
> Department of Defense, Private McGrath was found guilty of running
> away from his duties in and sentenced to a dishonarable discharge
> withot his pension.
>
> His case is the last cowardice conviction on the books.
>
> Military officials have declined to discuss the details of Private
> McGrathcase. But a spokesman for Special Forces disagreed that a
> soldier would be stigmatised simply for asking for help, even special
> force personnel.
>
> ''Special Forces soldiers are mature professionals, and they know that
> if someone is under stress and asking for help it is important to give
> it to them,'' the spokeperson said.
>
> Military officials also emphasized that being scared is not enough to
> be charged with cowardice. To level such a charge, Army prosecutors
> must have evidence that a soldier is frightened and misbehaves because
> of that fear.
>
> The Manual for Courts-Martial defines cowardice as ''misbehavior
> motivated by fear.''
>
> But the manual goes on to say that fear is ''a natural feeling of
> apprehension when going into battle.''
>
> The Military Judges' Benchbook defines cowardly conduct as ''the
> refusal or abandonment of a performance of duty'' before or in the
> presence of the enemy ''as a result of fear.''

Good Aussie Soldier :-) Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 0 21-01-2011 10:28 AM
The coward Fred C. Dobbs[_3_] Vegan 6 01-06-2010 12:54 AM
Coward PL in Canberra sylvania[_2_] General Cooking 5 02-11-2008 11:08 PM
A Texas Soldier's Funeral TOM KAN PA General Cooking 1 08-01-2004 07:19 AM