usual suspect

Default Better Dead than Fed: Debra Saunders skewers PeTA

From the SF CHRONICLE

DON'T BE FOOLED by the slick propaganda of PETA, People for the Ethical
Treatment of Animals. The organization may claim to champion the welfare
of animals, as the many photos of cute puppies and kittens on its Web
site suggest. But last week, two PETA employees were charged with 31
felony counts of animal cruelty each, after authorities found them
dumping the dead bodies of 18 animals they had just picked up from a
North Carolina animal shelter into a Dumpster. According to the
Associated Press, 13 more dead animals were found in a van registered to
PETA....

This is not the first report that PETA killed animals it claimed to
protect. In 1991, PETA killed 18 rabbits and 14 roosters it had
previously "rescued" from a research facility. "We just don't have the
money" to care for them, then PETA-Chairman Alex Pacheco told the
Washington Times. The PETA animal shelter had run out of room....

PETA prefers to spend donations, apparently, not caring for flesh-and-
blood animals entrusted to it but on campaigns attacking medical
researchers, meat-eaters or women wearing furs. It is as if PETA prefers
the idea of animals to animals themselves....

PETA always has been about killing animals. A 2003 New Yorker profile
included PETA top dog Ingrid Newkirk's story of how she became involved
in animal rights after a shelter put down stray kittens she brought
there. So she went to work for an animal shelter in the 1970s, where,
she explained, "I would go to work early, before anyone got there, and I
would just kill the animals myself. Because I couldn't stand to let them
go through (other workers abusing the animals.) I must have killed a
thousand of them, sometimes dozens every day."

That's right. PETA assails other parties for killing animals for food or
research. Then it kills animals -- but for really important reasons,
such as running out of room....

[Center for Consumer Freedom's David] Martosko hopes animal lovers will
learn that their donations will do more good at a local animal shelter
than at PETA. "For years," he added, "we thought that PETA just cared
for animals more than they cared for humans. But now it seems they don't
care much for either."

No lie about not caring for people. In 2003, Newkirk hectored late
Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat because a terrorist blew up a donkey in
an attempt to blow up people. Newkirk also told the New Yorker the world
would be a better place without people. She explained why she had
herself sterilized: "I am opposed to having children. Having a purebred
human baby is like having a purebred dog; it's nothing but vanity, human
vanity."

Now you know. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals doesn't really
like people. PETA has no use for ethics. And PETA kills animals.

Rest of excellent column:
http://tinyurl.com/axgyp

Walking Dead dead spread? sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 10-02-2014 01:13 AM
PETA Chris Vegan 0 26-07-2005 04:22 AM
PETA yea Vegan 0 24-06-2005 03:29 PM
Colonel Saunders KFC (9) Collection MacLeod, Kathleen Recipes (moderated) 0 19-04-2004 03:34 AM
Colonel Saunders KFC (10) Collection MacLeod, Kathleen Recipes (moderated) 0 03-04-2004 11:13 PM