Marvin Preuss

Default the reason why you got vegan...

hi friends,

i just thought maybe its some time for reports about how you got vegan
and i will start first

so i always tried to be vegetarian for years and it never worked out
cause i think i didnt had the right reason for become vegetarian...i
tried it cause my friends was and i wanted to be to. so i never could
resist to eat meat. after some year i made alot of thoughts and i saw
some videos about how the animals suffer cause us humans and i thought
"oh thats so selfish" and cause im pretty political it has a reason to.
so i went vegetarian but always had the wish to get vegan. i thought i
wouldnt be strong enough but last summer on a festival i met some people
from "roots of compassion" (http://www.rootsofcompassion.org) and i had
right the idea in my head why i shouldnt just try it. and now im a year
vegan now and im feeling so good with it. thats mostly too cause alot of
support from my amazing girlfriend and my parents...i dont miss
something at all so thats my story....

-marvin
enos1976

"Marvin Preuss" wrote:
> i just thought maybe its some time for reports about how you got vegan

Hi Marvin, it was nice to read your story.

At first I laughed about an older friend of mine who was vegetarian; I was
amused eating disgusting hamburgers in her presence, but she never got
angry, and she never talked me about diets or animal rights. I was living in
England in those days.
After one year I came back home, in Italy, and I went to live on my own. Not
having much to do (other than working, of course) I started thinking, and
thinking, and th... well you get the point. I considered many things, among
which the consequences of my life. I also remember having read Ghandi's
autobyography, which talks about his strong approach to vegetarianism. After
few months, becoming vegetarian to me looked like the only logic thing to
do. Veganism followed shortly after a deep meditation course (the course was
not related to veganism, tho). This happened more or less 5 years ago. Five
years of veganism, along which I have been much haltier then before.

Now, at 29 (wow 29! what have I done all these years??) I am thinking about
moving "back" from veganism to bio-vegetarianism. That is because I see
vegans on one side, and the rest of the world on the other, and they just
cannot communicate.
I think what the world needs is a meeting point.
I often compare the situation of animals today, to that of slaves of the
past centuries. If we all now became vegan, it would be like saying "you are
not our slaves any more, but we will never work together". We would be lying
to ourselves: there cannot be a complete separation of our lives, because of
tourism, industries and pollution, and vital spaces and so on.
What imho is really needed is a collaboration from which everybody gets
benefits, thus a vegetarianism (no killing) that takes into strong
consideration the well being of the animals.

Anyway I think a veg*n world can only take birth from love and transparency.
Ops look what I have done, turned a story into a monologue :-P

--
enos1976

rick

"enos1976" > wrote in message

snip mindless pap...

> I often compare the situation of animals today, to that of
> slaves of the
> past centuries. If we all now became vegan, it would be like
> saying "you are
> not our slaves any more, but we will never work together". We
> would be lying
> to ourselves: there cannot be a complete separation of our
> lives, because of
> tourism, industries and pollution, and vital spaces and so on.
> What imho is really needed is a collaboration from which
> everybody gets
> benefits, thus a vegetarianism (no killing)

So, being veg*n means no death, eh? Are you really this stipud,
or do you work really hard at it?
I suggest you get a brain, and then a life, killer....