usual suspect

Default silly nectar: omega 6

I'm adding this to help educate you.

The two essential fatty acids most important to good health are
omega-3 and omega-6. But we need these in the right balance in
order to protect our hearts, joints, pancreas, mood stability,
and skin.

Unfortunately, we eat way too much omega-6, which is found in
the corn oil and vegetable oils used in so much American food.
Too much omega 6 can raise your blood pressure, lead to blood
clots that can cause heart attack and stroke, and cause your
body to retain water.

We don't eat nearly enough omega-3, which can reduce our risk
for heart disease and cancer. Omega-3 is found in fish and fish
oil, all green leafy vegetables, flax seed, hemp, and walnuts.
http://my.webmd.com/content/article/60/66985.htm

Pay close attention that "Too much omega 6 can raise your blood
pressure, lead to blood clots that can cause heart attack and stroke."
That's from *vegetable* fats, or "vegan" fats as you called them the
other day, *not* from fatty meat or cholesterol.

I keep emphasizing that you need to check to see if what you're reading
in all those activist sites is true or not. Are you paying attention or
are you going to keep peddling bullshit propaganda from activists? By
parroting what you "learn" from activists, you're only going to make
people as ignorant as you are. You may also unnecessarily harm yourself
and others.
Scented Nectar

Too much or too little of any nutrient is bad.
Hemp seed has a nice balance. Prove it
doesn't if you want to put it down. You can't.

--
http://www.scentednectar.com

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> I'm adding this to help educate you.
>
> The two essential fatty acids most important to good health are
> omega-3 and omega-6. But we need these in the right balance in
> order to protect our hearts, joints, pancreas, mood stability,
> and skin.
>
> Unfortunately, we eat way too much omega-6, which is found in
> the corn oil and vegetable oils used in so much American food.
> Too much omega 6 can raise your blood pressure, lead to blood
> clots that can cause heart attack and stroke, and cause your
> body to retain water.
>
> We don't eat nearly enough omega-3, which can reduce our risk
> for heart disease and cancer. Omega-3 is found in fish and fish
> oil, all green leafy vegetables, flax seed, hemp, and walnuts.
> http://my.webmd.com/content/article/60/66985.htm
>
> Pay close attention that "Too much omega 6 can raise your blood
> pressure, lead to blood clots that can cause heart attack and stroke."
> That's from *vegetable* fats, or "vegan" fats as you called them the
> other day, *not* from fatty meat or cholesterol.
>
> I keep emphasizing that you need to check to see if what you're

reading
> in all those activist sites is true or not. Are you paying attention

or
> are you going to keep peddling bullshit propaganda from activists? By
> parroting what you "learn" from activists, you're only going to make
> people as ignorant as you are. You may also unnecessarily harm

yourself
> and others.

usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
> Too much or too little of any nutrient is bad.

That wasn't the issue you raised, nitwit. You boasted that hemp seeds
were rich in omega-6 FAs. You said nothing about the "balance" in hemp
seeds. You sure as hell didn't mention that "Too much omega 6 can raise
your blood pressure, lead to blood clots that can cause heart attack and
stroke." Did you know that before gloating about it?!

Something comes to mind when I think of all your half-truths: "A little
knowledge is a dangerous thing." In your case, it's a VERY dangerous thing.

> Hemp seed has a nice balance.

According to whom? Pot legalization activists? People peddling it as a
miracle product?

Flax seeds contain a "nice balance" of omega-3 FAs and other EFAs. So do
leafy greens and other plant-based foods, albeit with lower omega-6
content (which is a good thing for most people!). Your point is wholly
irrelevant and you're only trying to move goalposts. You said that hemp
was rich in omega-6 FAs as though that were something noteworthy and
beneficial; most people get enough, or too much, omega-6 in their diet.

I snickered when you alluded to getting information from science news
sites. Be honest, that's not where you get your news. If you did you
wouldn't make any of the claims you make. You really should be looking
for sound nutritional information rather than relying on jellyheads who
want to legalize pot, hucksters who want to sell hemp oil, and vegan
activists who don't know **** about nutrition, much less about
compassion for anyone or anything.

> Prove it doesn't if you want to put it down. You can't.

Oh, shifting the burden and you want me to prove a negative.

Appeal to Ignorance (Proving a Negative): an argument that
asserts a claim is true because no one can prove it is wrong;
this shifts the burden of proof to the audience or opponent
rather than the claimant.
http://chuma.cas.usf.edu/~pinsky/logicguide.htm

I checked for hemp nutritional information online. As I suspected,
everything tends to revolve around activist sites and sites selling hemp
oil, meal, and other products. USDA's nutrient database has nothing.
Neither do professional nutrition organization websites.

Perhaps you can *finally* find a valid source of nutritional information
to support your own claim. Then again, why should anyone expect you to
change your way of throwing out claims and never backing them up?

Coconut Nectar sf[_9_] General Cooking 2 28-02-2014 05:34 PM
Agave nectar Kris[_1_] General Cooking 20 23-03-2010 04:09 PM
Tröegs Nugget Nectar Bill Becker Beer 4 08-08-2006 09:08 PM
Jumex Nectar Droopy Winemaking 2 21-03-2006 02:26 AM