Fidyl

Default An Ahimsa ThanXgiving Fast - 2004

An Ahimsa ThanXgiving Fast - 2004

Namaste

Oh, no! Here it comes again! Those dreaded holidays where Vegans
waffle between:

A) Going to a family get-together and literally suffer through hours
of staring at dead carcasses, watching as others gulp down – not
chewing – these abused souls,

B) Going to a family get-together and endure all those not so casual
comments about anti-Veganism,

C) Not going to these gatherings and trying to arrange a dinner for
like-minded folks,

D) Not going to these gatherings and staying by themselves with their
Tofurkeys,

E) Not going to these gatherings and wondering if we hurt the
feelings of unconcerned/uncaring humans,

F) Not going to the dinners, but arriving afterwards for "dessert"

G) Not going to these gatherings and fasting.

That's right! I said FASTING.

I will be fasting this ThanXgiving again - this has been a tradition
since 1998.
I hope some list members will be joining me on this day of torture,
death, greed, selfishness and debauchery by doing the same.

My fast is in HONOR/REMEMBERENCE/REVERENCE of the MILLIONS of animals
that are tortured and abused, then slaughtered just for this one (1)
day alone in the U.S.

I am not discussing one (1) day fasts. My fasts run from Wednesday
until Sunday.

Fasting achieves numerous benefits. It is a wonderful way to clean
out the body as far as health is concerned.

Spiritually, it also cleanses the soul.

Originally, fasting was used to 'get closer to the higher being.'

It was also used to rid sick bodies of diseases. This was copied from
watching animals when they are ill. They either eat greens or nothing
at all.

Modern times has shown fasting to be a form of protest.
Gandhi also used fasting to bring his point across.

My fasting tradition has came about when I could no longer go to
family gatherings for this 'holiday' and sit around a table infested
with dead carcass and by-products.
Even the 'religious' holidays were laughable as we traipsed to our
building of worship only to march back to a home full of death,
abuse and chemical irresponsibility.

I have had numerous opportunities to join like-minded folks for a
holiday feast, but prefer to not look upon this holiday as a festive
occasion. Why? Because it also represents false facts throughout
American history. Native Americans were thwarted into slavery and
near-annihilitation by the 'white man' in the name of 'god.' Recent
findings are coming out that there was no turkey - or even any kind
of 'meat' - at the dinner; only fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains.

Then, back to modern times, it always bothered me that after these
dinners, the male attendees would gather together in front of a
television set to watch the bloodsport known as 'football,' leaving
the women (slaves again to the 'white man') to clean up and watch
after the children.

You are invited and welcome to join my discussion list:

Starting next week there will appear articles, information and guides
about the history and hypocrisy of ThanXgiving, as well as how to
cope with the upcoming holidays.
Additionally, you will find ways to fast safely and wisely.
For those who wish to "celebrate" and not fast, you will find tons of
recipes and tips, as well!

As we ready ourselves for Fur-Free Friday, I wish everyone who is
willing to "take the plunge" the best of luck in a successful and
quick fast, and may all of our efforts pay off!

American Sign Language and Deaf Culture
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SignSoFla/

Alternative Schooling Within The School System
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SoFlaSchools/

Om Shanti

=====
Fidyl
Live Simply So That
Others May Simply Live
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Yoga-With-Nancy-SoFla/
foj

Oh No! ....... Another foot stomping, nails me to a cross for my beliefs
Vegan. Get a grip person, who do you think you are going to impress here.

om...