Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

Default An Ahimsa ThanXgiving - Fast 2007

An Ahimsa ThanXgiving - Fast 2007

Namaste

Oh, no! Here it comes again! Those dreaded holidays
where Vegans "waffle" between:

A) Going to a family get-together and literally suffer
through hours of staring at dead carcasses, watching
as others gulp down - not chewing - these abused
souls;
B) Going to a family get-together and endure all those
not so casual comments about anti-Veganism;
C) Not going to these gatherings and trying to arrange
a dinner for like-minded folks;
D) Not going to these gatherings and staying by
themselves with their Tofurkeys;
E) Not going to these gatherings and wondering if we
hurt the feelings of unconcerned/uncaring humans;
F) Not going to the dinners, but arriving afterwards
for "dessert;"
G) Any other actions you wish to fill-in;
H) Not going to these gatherings and fasting.

That's right! I said FASTING.

I will be fasting this ThanXgiving again - this has
been a tradition since 1998.
I hope some list members will be joining me on this
day of torture, death, greed, selfishness and
debauchery by doing the same.

My fast is in HONOR/REMEMBERENCE/REVERENCE of the
MILLIONS of animals that are tortured and abused, then
slaughtered just for this one (1) day alone in the
U.S.

I am not discussing one (1) day fasts. My fasts run
from Wednesday until Sunday.

Fasting achieves numerous benefits. It is a wonderful
way to clean out the body as far as health is
concerned.

Spiritually, it also cleanses the soul.

Originally, fasting was used to 'get closer to a
higher being.'

It was also used to rid sick bodies of diseases. This
was copied from watching animals when they are ill.
They either eat greens or nothing at all.

Modern times has shown fasting to be a form of
protest.
Gandhi also used fasting to bring his point across.

My fasting tradition has came about when I could no
longer go to family gatherings for this 'holiday' and
sit around a table infested with dead carcass and
by-products.
Even the 'religious' holidays were laughable as we
traipsed to our building of worship only to march back
to a home full of death, abuse and chemical
irresponsibility.

Previous years had folks pointing out that this is a
time for family and friends getting-together to show
their love and thankfulness.
But, who needs a "Hallmark" holiday for this occasion?
We can get together the other 364 days of the year
without the excuse of a 'holiday.'

I have had numerous opportunities to join like-minded
folks for a holiday feast, but prefer to not look upon
this holiday as a festive occasion. Why? Because it
also represents false facts throughout American
history. Native Americans were thwarted into slavery
and near-annihilitation by the 'white man' in the name
of 'god.' Recent findings are coming out that there
was no turkey - or even any kind of 'meat' - at the
dinner; only fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains.

Then, back to modern times, it always bothered me that
after these dinners, the male attendees would gather
together in front of a television set to watch the
bloodsport known as 'football,' leaving the women
(slaves again to the 'white man') to clean up and
watch
after the children.

You are invited and welcome to join my discussion
list:
[We are really more like an informational "newspaper"
with at least 50 postings daily!]

Starting soon (way before "ThanXgiving") there will
appear articles, information and guides about the
history and hypocrisy of ThanXgiving, as well as how
to cope with the upcoming holidays (Chanukah, Kwanzaa,
Xmas, New Year's).
Additionally, you will find ways to fast safely and
wisely.
For those who wish to "celebrate" and not fast, you
will find literally hundreds of recipes and tips, as
well!

As we ready ourselves for Fur-Free Friday, I wish
everyone who is willing to "take the plunge" the best
of luck in a successful and quick fast, and may all of
our efforts pay off!

= = = = = = = = = =

Here are my other discussion lists that also contain
tons of information in each of their categories -
DAILY!!!
Please research the message archives for information
you are seeking and what you have missed:

Everything Yoga!

American Sign Language and Deaf Culture
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SignSoFla/

Alternative Schooling Within The School System
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SoFlaSchools/

Om Shanti

Live Simply So That
Others May Simply Live