Old 31-10-2012, 03:07 AM posted to alt.food.vegan

Default My vegan meals and questions

Hi,

I'm new to veganism, I'm not quite there yet. Too scared to make the plunge lol. I'm a bit unsure the correct balance between grains, beans, fruit, veg etc. I saw a rather new (to me anyway) food triangle that put fruit and veg on the bottom and grains/beans etc on the second layer followed by sugars/fats on top. Also, with regards to complete proteins and combinations (e.g. grains and beans and nuts etc) should this apply to every meal? For example, should I be getting complete proteins during every meal OR throughout the day - so grains in the morning, beans for lunch etc

Here is my vegan meals I am capable of...

Breakfast

* Wholewheat toast w/ peanut butter
* Fruit smoothie (my favourite is frozen berries, banana and soy milk)
* Muesli w/ raisins and soy milk (maybe a banana too if I don't have it in a smoothie)

Lunch

* Brown rice w/ vegetables and beans/sprouts
* Peanut butter sandwich
* Salad (cabbage/spinach, carrot, sprouts, baby tomatoes) w/ vin dressing
* Miso soup w/ tofu, carrot, mushrooms, seaweed

Dinner

* Spinach curry (tomatoes, spinach, ginger, garlic, onion, spices) w/ brown rice
* Home-made soup w/ wholewheat bread
* Thai green curry w/ brown rice
* Avocado, hummus, spinach, tomato sandwich/wrap (wholewheat bread/tortilla)

Snacks

* Carrot, daikon, cucumber w/ hummus dip
* Fruit
* Nuts

A few items here are not complete - should I be concerned with making them complete or could I combine meals throughout the day to make things complete. Also, picking from this menu everyday (and more meals as I add them) would it give me a correct balance? Still a little unsure where I should mostly be obtaining proteins

Would really appreciate some feedback. So if this type of post is asked frequently but I really just wanted to put my meals up here and reading other related posts I'm still just a little unsure.

Regards
Bizt

Old 03-11-2012, 01:09 PM posted to alt.food.vegan

On 2012-10-31, wrote:
Hi,

[...]

This looks delicious