View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to alt.food.vegan
external usenet poster

Default My vegan meals and questions

Hi,

I'm new to veganism, I'm not quite there yet. Too scared to make the plunge lol. I'm a bit unsure the correct balance between grains, beans, fruit, veg etc. I saw a rather new (to me anyway) food triangle that put fruit and veg on the bottom and grains/beans etc on the second layer followed by sugars/fats on top. Also, with regards to complete proteins and combinations (e.g. grains and beans and nuts etc) should this apply to every meal? For example, should I be getting complete proteins during every meal OR throughout the day - so grains in the morning, beans for lunch etc

Here is my vegan meals I am capable of...

Breakfast

* Wholewheat toast w/ peanut butter
* Fruit smoothie (my favourite is frozen berries, banana and soy milk)
* Muesli w/ raisins and soy milk (maybe a banana too if I don't have it in a smoothie)

Lunch

* Brown rice w/ vegetables and beans/sprouts
* Peanut butter sandwich
* Salad (cabbage/spinach, carrot, sprouts, baby tomatoes) w/ vin dressing
* Miso soup w/ tofu, carrot, mushrooms, seaweed

Dinner

* Spinach curry (tomatoes, spinach, ginger, garlic, onion, spices) w/ brown rice
* Home-made soup w/ wholewheat bread
* Thai green curry w/ brown rice
* Avocado, hummus, spinach, tomato sandwich/wrap (wholewheat bread/tortilla)

Snacks

* Carrot, daikon, cucumber w/ hummus dip
* Fruit
* Nuts

A few items here are not complete - should I be concerned with making them complete or could I combine meals throughout the day to make things complete. Also, picking from this menu everyday (and more meals as I add them) would it give me a correct balance? Still a little unsure where I should mostly be obtaining proteins

Would really appreciate some feedback. So if this type of post is asked frequently but I really just wanted to put my meals up here and reading other related posts I'm still just a little unsure.

Regards
Bizt