Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Default VEGETARIAN FOOD IS A MUCH BETTER SOURCE OF IRON

The problem with plant sources of iron is that often the iron is bound
in such a way that it is not easily absorbed from the gut.

Adding citric acid, such as found in many citrus and other fruits helps
to free the plant bound iron.

This problem is reflected in the fact that low iron is the world's
number one health problem, especially in women and children.

This is highest where not eating much meat is a cultural or poverty
issue.
Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

> The problem with plant sources of iron is that often the iron is bound
> in such a way that it is not easily absorbed from the gut.
>
> Adding citric acid, such as found in many citrus and other fruits

helps
> to free the plant bound iron.
>
> This problem is reflected in the fact that low iron is the world's
> number one health problem, especially in women and children.
>
> This is highest where not eating much meat is a cultural or poverty
> issue.

"More statements, in this case garbage, without any reference links. One
more such post and I killfile you."

'Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet: Iron'

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/iron.asp

The World Health Organization considers iron deficiency the number
one
nutritional disorder in the world [33]. As many as 80% of the world's
population may be iron deficient, while 30% may have iron deficiency
anemia [34].

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On alt.food.vegan, > wrote:
>> The problem with plant sources of iron is that often the iron is bound
>> in such a way that it is not easily absorbed from the gut.
>>
>> Adding citric acid, such as found in many citrus and other fruits

> helps
>> to free the plant bound iron.
>>
>> This problem is reflected in the fact that low iron is the world's
>> number one health problem, especially in women and children.
>>
>> This is highest where not eating much meat is a cultural or poverty
>> issue.

> "More statements, in this case garbage, without any reference links. One
> more such post and I killfile you."
>
> 'Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet: Iron'

"Fact" -- One group of scientists says this is a fact, another
says that's a fact and another says something else.

Those of us with functioning minds know very well the limitations
and flaws of so-called "science".

Not only is their science flawwed at best, they are corrupted, in
most cases by whatever organization(s) is funding them, directly
or indirectly.

For one thing, they very stupidly assume that we are all alike all
the time, which is obvious nonsense.

A diet that's good for me today might be bad for me next week. The
sane gies for everyone.

I could find a study that refutes what you've posted here, but
I have better things to do than play the stupid "my scientist
can beat up your scientist" game.

[delete]

Sid

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"Those of us with functioning minds know very well the limitations
and flaws of so-called "science"."

What, astrology then? Logic then dictates asking if one has a
"functioning mind".

"I could find a study that refutes what you've posted here, but
I have better things to do than play the stupid "my scientist
can beat up your scientist" game."

Happy to see it. A good astrology chart can be substituted instead if
you come up short.

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On alt.food.vegan, > wrote:
> "Those of us with functioning minds know very well the limitations
> and flaws of so-called "science"."
>
> What, astrology then? Logic then dictates asking if one has a
> "functioning mind".
>
> "I could find a study that refutes what you've posted here, but
> I have better things to do than play the stupid "my scientist
> can beat up your scientist" game."
>
> Happy to see it. A good astrology chart can be substituted instead if
> you come up short.

You are an ass.

Scientists, individuals and organizations, disagree all
the time and come up with different findings. If you don't know
that you are not qualified to participate in a discussion like
this.

Not only do scientists disagree, but they are constantly finding
new data that invalidates their previous findings/conclusions/research.
The history of science is a story of theories and 'facts' accepted
and then invalidated by new research.

A brief and powerful example: In the late 1800's many famous
and respected scientists were ruined and blacklisted for insisting
that there were particles smaller than an atom.

That's how far wrong mainstream science can be, fool.

Saying that anyone who doesn't accept the findings of the group
of scientists that _you_ choose to parrot from at this time is using
astrology is absurd and childish.

Welcome to my killfile. You are a waste of time and I don't have
to worry about anyone taking you seriously. You are basically
just a meatpig troll.

And you will now get out of my life.

Sid

IT IS A MYTH THAT MEAT IS A GOOD SOURCE OF IRON dh@. Vegan 0 22-08-2010 06:29 PM
Low Iron Vegetarian Derek Vegan 43 27-10-2006 01:37 PM
Would you buy food from a shopping source like QVC? Edwin Pawlowski General Cooking 0 26-08-2006 02:37 PM
NEED HELP! Restoring Old Char-Broil Model 220-A and need source for cast iron grates Tom Owen Barbecue 5 30-03-2004 09:10 PM
Source for a cast iron Comal? pltrgyst Cooking Equipment 2 02-10-2003 08:45 PM