Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.food.veg,alt.global-warming,alt.philosophy

Default War on Terror - Trapped in a Self-Defeating Strategy?

War on Terror - Trapped in a Self-Defeating Strategy?

What is needed with the problem of terrorism, is to bring it back down
to earth and deftly skewer the large political, economic, and media
industry that has an interest in exaggerating terrorism's effect and
in scaring people unnecessarily.

The worry, witch-hunt, and waste that have ensued are destroying
American confidence, undermining our economy, warping our political
life, and isolating us from our international allies.

The first principle of terrorism is to understand that the weak win by
exploiting the strength of the powerful. When 9/11 terrorists with box
cutters hijacked American airliners, they transformed America's
preeminent transportation system into a devastating weapon of attack.
They also set a trap with the promise of revenge and security as the
bait. The hijackers' biggest victory was to goad our government into
taking the bait by unleashing the War on Terror.

The media have given constant attention to possible terrorist-
initiated catastrophes and to the failures and weaknesses of the
government's response. Trapped in the War on Terror, however,
questions the very rationale for the War on Terror. By analyzing the
virtual absence of evidence of a terrorist threat inside the United
States along with the motives and strategic purposes of al-Qaeda, it
is easy to show how disconnected the War on Terror is from the real
but remote threat terrorism poses. The generalized War on Terror began
as part of the justification for invading Iraq, but then took on a
life of its own. A whirlwind of fear, failure, and recrimination, this
"war" drags every interest group and politician into selfish
competition for its spoils.

Facing the threat of nuclear incineration during the Cold War, America
overcame panic about nonexistent communist sleeper cells poised to
destroy the country, a panic fueled by the destructive hysteria of
McCarthyism. Through careful analysis of the Soviet threat, the nation
managed to sustain a productive national life and achieve victory,
despite the terrifying daily possibility of catastrophe. This book is
inspired by that success. It points the way forward, not toward
victory in the War on Terror but to victory over it. The first and
most difficult step toward that victory is to know the enemy. In large
measure, as Trapped in the War on Terror shows, that means
understanding how al-Qaeda is making us our own worst enemy.

Battered by accusations of a liberal bias and determined to prove
their conservative critics wrong, the press during the run-up to the
war -- timid, deferential, unsure, cautious, and often intentionally
unthinking -- came as close as possible to abdicating its reason for
existence in the first place, which is to accurately inform citizens,
particularly during times of great national interest.

911 Synthetic Terror: Made in USA plot: a covert network of moles,
patsies, and a commando cell in the privatized intelligence services,
backed by corrupt political and corporate media elites.

Buttressed by historical examples like the Baader-Meinhof Gang and the
Gunpowder Plot, this model makes it clear how such a monstrous false-
flag or self-terror exploit is possible even under a largely benign
government. That paradox is the incredibility gap that has made most
Americans reject the evidence about 9/11 as paranoid fantasy.

http://www.amazon.com/Trapped-War-Te...dp/0812239830/
http://www.amazon.com/Lapdogs-Press-...dp/0743289315/
http://www.amazon.com/11-Synthetic-T...dp/0930852370/
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.food.veg,alt.global-warming,alt.philosophy

Immortalist wrote:
> War on Terror - Trapped in a Self-Defeating Strategy?

There is no "war on terror".
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.global-warming,alt.philosophy,alt.agnosticism,alt.atheism

On Dec 31, 9:00*am, Immortalist > wrote:
> [...]
> their conservative critics wrong, the press during the run-up to the
> war -- timid, deferential, unsure, cautious, and often intentionally
> unthinking -- came as close as possible to abdicating its reason for
> existence in the first place, which is to accurately inform citizens,
> particularly during times of great national interest.
>
> 911 Synthetic Terror: Made in USA plot: a covert network of moles,
> patsies, and a commando cell in the privatized intelligence services,
> backed by corrupt political and corporate media elites.
>
> Buttressed by historical examples like the Baader-Meinhof Gang and the
> Gunpowder Plot, this model makes it clear how such a monstrous false-
> flag or self-terror exploit is possible even under a largely benign
> government. That paradox is the incredibility gap that has made most
> Americans reject the evidence about 9/11 as paranoid fantasy.

War only happens because of the the predictability of how the few can
manipulate the many.

In WW1 ,'the few' had limited mass communication capability to stir
the 'mob', such as cartoons of the kaiser's men bayoneting babies for
example. My fathers generation in the UK grew up with a great dislike
for Germans. The powder keg is always ready for a spark.

The 'powder keg' is the group consciousness. Much more easily
manipulated these days. How easy it is to breed fear and loathing, of
setting man against man.

If one uses 911 as an example, to me, it doesnt matter whether it was
a US conspiracy or not. It was organised by 'people'. People whose
intent it was to fire a spark into the ever ready powder keg.

The incredible absurdity was exemplified at the weekend, when some
idiot burned himself in an aborted attempt to blow up a plane, and
millions of travellers were pushed through even more intrusive
security procedures. The 'cave men' must find the whole process quite
hilarious.

I suppose this now means we in Aus, having had our rights to take
knitting needles into the cabin once again will be rescinded, and I
bet the recent 'bomber' couldnt even knit!
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.food.veg,alt.global-warming,alt.philosophy

"ex-PFC Wintergreen" > wrote
> Immortalist wrote:
>> War on Terror - Trapped in a Self-Defeating Strategy?

> There is no "war on terror".

Terrorism is a tactic, not an enemy.

Republicans use the fact that the Obama administration has stopped using the
term to show that he is soft on terrorism.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.food.veg,alt.global-warming,alt.philosophy

Dutch wrote:

> "ex-PFC Wintergreen" > wrote
>> Immortalist wrote:
>>> War on Terror - Trapped in a Self-Defeating Strategy?

>> There is no "war on terror".

> Terrorism is a tactic, not an enemy.

Exactly right.

> Republicans use the fact that the Obama administration has stopped using
> the term to show that he is soft on terrorism.

Politics.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.food.veg,alt.global-warming,alt.philosophy

On Dec 31, 1:48*pm, ex-PFC Wintergreen >
wrote:
> Dutch wrote:

> >> There is no "war on terror".

> > Terrorism is a tactic, not an enemy.

> Exactly right.
>

> > Republicans use the fact that the Obama administration has stopped using
> > the term to show that he is soft on terrorism.

> Politics.

Pacifism, masochism and sadism with the citizens of his own nation.

MG