Steve

Default Warning : Trader Joe's : Soy Milk : Labeled Vegan, But Is Not

Hi All;

Just a quick heads up.

I stopped by the Trader Joe's on Rockville Pike this afternoon.

They have their own brand of soymilk called "Soy Divine". It is
labeled with the word "vegan", but the ingredients list vitamin D3,
the animal derived ( dead sheep ) form of vitamin d.

I told the manager and he typed in an email to the Trader Joe's
corporation about the issue as we spoke.

Some other vegans I was shopping with told me that this is not the
first time Trader Joe's have labeled things as vegan that are not
vegan.

HTH

Steve
Kendy

I am about to go to TJ's. My dad is hooked on the vegan trail mix cookies.
Someone once toild me that they are the uncle eddie's brand but with a TJ
package...Also $2 cheaper.

-Kendy
(remove the 'pute' to reply!)
http://www.livejournal.com/users/missmuffcake/
T5NF

Kendy wrote:
>I am about to go to TJ's. My dad is hooked on the vegan trail mix cookies.
>Someone once toild me that they are the uncle eddie's brand but with a TJ
>package...Also $2 cheaper.

Similarly, their TJ brand cheeseless pizza is exactly the same as Amy's
Organics for about $2 cheaper as well...initially, they used to carry Amy's but
I'm guessing that they contracted with them to put an Amy's pizza in a TJ box.

I don't buy their soymilk...I'm partial to Eden Organic but TJ doesn't carry
it.

Momzilla

"T5NF" > wrote in message
> Kendy wrote:
>>I am about to go to TJ's. My dad is hooked on the vegan trail mix cookies.
>>Someone once toild me that they are the uncle eddie's brand but with a TJ
>>package...Also $2 cheaper.

> Similarly, their TJ brand cheeseless pizza is exactly the same as Amy's
> Organics for about $2 cheaper as well...initially, they used to carry
> Amy's but
> I'm guessing that they contracted with them to put an Amy's pizza in a TJ
> box.
>

> I don't buy their soymilk...I'm partial to Eden Organic but TJ doesn't
> carry
> it.

Mmmm, I'll have to look for the TJ's cheesless pizza.

I use Westsoy Organic unsweetened soy milk but TJ's now has their own. I
bought two boxes but haven't tried it yet. It doesn't list any vitamin D
and only 2% calcium the Westsoy has only 4% calcium and still no vatamin D.
I think I better drink more orange juice and play in the sunshine.
-nancy-