t.racer

Default suggestions for vegan food item at an orientation

I'm going to an orientation for law school and part of the evening is
"light supper." So I called the school to find out if they plan to
alienate vegans or not. The woman told me to make a suggestion for
something vegan. I said I like lots of vegan food, but don't really
know what kinds of things would be served at an event such as this.
She said they just have a salad and then 3 choices and last year one
of them was keish which obviously isn't vegan. So she said to come up
with a suggestion for a vegan choice. Any ideas?

t.racer
http://www.inetworld.net/thrill/
T5NF

t.racer wrote:

>I'm going to an orientation for law school and part of the evening is
>"light supper." So I called the school to find out if they plan to
>alienate vegans or not. The woman told me to make a suggestion for
>something vegan. I said I like lots of vegan food, but don't really
>know what kinds of things would be served at an event such as this.
>She said they just have a salad and then 3 choices and last year one
>of them was keish which obviously isn't vegan. So she said to come up
>with a suggestion for a vegan choice. Any ideas?

<joke> Switch your major to nuitrition and head to Johns Hopkins University
where 'meatless monday' is the norm? </joke>

Try google...check veganchef.com where there's a large selection of really good
recipes... everything from finger foods to entrees & desserts... find something
you like, print it out and forward it to whomever is prepping the food for the
orientation. You may even find a vegan quiche recipe ;-).
T5NF

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:07:12 GMT, (t.racer) wrote:

>I'm going to an orientation for law school and part of the evening is
>"light supper." So I called the school to find out if they plan to
>alienate vegans or not. The woman told me to make a suggestion for
>something vegan. I said I like lots of vegan food, but don't really
>know what kinds of things would be served at an event such as this.
>She said they just have a salad and then 3 choices and last year one
>of them was keish which obviously isn't vegan. So she said to come up
>with a suggestion for a vegan choice. Any ideas?
>
>t.racer

http://www.inetworld.net/thrill/

· Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use of
to avoid the following in order to be successful:
Tires, Surgical sutures, Matches, Soaps, Photographic film,
Cosmetics, Shaving cream, Paints, Candles, Crayon/Chalk,
Toothpaste, Deodorants, Mouthwash, Paper, Upholstery,
Floor waxes, Glass, Water Filters, Rubber, Fertilizer,
Antifreeze

http://www.aif.org/lvstock.htm
Ceramics, Insecticides, Insulation, Linoleum, Plastic,
Textiles, Blood factors, Collagen, Heparin, Insulin,
Pancreatin, Thrombin, Vasopressin, Vitamin B-12, Asphalt,
auto and jet lubricants, outboard engine oil, high-performance
greases, brake fluid

http://www.teachfree.com/student/wow_that_cow.htm
contact-lens care products, glues for paper and cardboard
cartons, bookbinding glue, clarification of wines, Hemostats,
sunscreens and sunblocks, dental floss, hairspray, inks, PVC

http://www.discover.com/aug_01/featcow.html
Explosives, Solvents, Industrial Oils, Industrial Lubricants,
Stearic Acid, Biodegradable Detergents, Herbicides, Syringes,
Gelatin Capsules, Bandage Strips, Combs and Toothbrushes,
Emery Boards and Cloth, Adhesive Tape, Laminated Wood Products,
Plywood and Paneling, Wallpaper and Wallpaper Paste, Cellophane
Wrap and Tape, Adhesive Tape, Abrasives, Bone Charcoal for High
Grade Steel, Steel Ball Bearings

http://www.sheepusa.org/environment/products.shtml
slaughters, and the animals live and die in it as they do
in any other habitat. They also depend on it for their
lives like the animals in any other habitat. If people
consume animal products from animals they think are
raised in decent ways, they will be promoting life for
more such animals in the future.
From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised
get over 500 pounds of human consumable meat. From a grass
raised dairy cow people get thousands of servings of dairy
products. Due to the influence of farm machinery, and *icides,
and in the case of rice the flooding and draining of fields,
one serving of soy or rice based product is likely to involve
more animal deaths than hundreds of servings derived from grass
raised cattle. Grass raised cattle products contribute to less
wildlife deaths, better wildlife habitat, and decent lives for
cattle. ·

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:07:12 GMT, (t.racer) wrote:

>I'm going to an orientation for law school and part of the evening is
>"light supper." So I called the school to find out if they plan to
>alienate vegans or not. The woman told me to make a suggestion for
>something vegan. I said I like lots of vegan food, but don't really
>know what kinds of things would be served at an event such as this.
>She said they just have a salad and then 3 choices and last year one
>of them was keish which obviously isn't vegan. So she said to come up
>with a suggestion for a vegan choice. Any ideas?
>
>t.racer

http://www.inetworld.net/thrill/

· Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use of
to avoid the following in order to be successful:
Tires, Surgical sutures, Matches, Soaps, Photographic film,
Cosmetics, Shaving cream, Paints, Candles, Crayon/Chalk,
Toothpaste, Deodorants, Mouthwash, Paper, Upholstery,
Floor waxes, Glass, Water Filters, Rubber, Fertilizer,
Antifreeze

http://www.aif.org/lvstock.htm
Ceramics, Insecticides, Insulation, Linoleum, Plastic,
Textiles, Blood factors, Collagen, Heparin, Insulin,
Pancreatin, Thrombin, Vasopressin, Vitamin B-12, Asphalt,
auto and jet lubricants, outboard engine oil, high-performance
greases, brake fluid

http://www.teachfree.com/student/wow_that_cow.htm
contact-lens care products, glues for paper and cardboard
cartons, bookbinding glue, clarification of wines, Hemostats,
sunscreens and sunblocks, dental floss, hairspray, inks, PVC

http://www.discover.com/aug_01/featcow.html
Explosives, Solvents, Industrial Oils, Industrial Lubricants,
Stearic Acid, Biodegradable Detergents, Herbicides, Syringes,
Gelatin Capsules, Bandage Strips, Combs and Toothbrushes,
Emery Boards and Cloth, Adhesive Tape, Laminated Wood Products,
Plywood and Paneling, Wallpaper and Wallpaper Paste, Cellophane
Wrap and Tape, Adhesive Tape, Abrasives, Bone Charcoal for High
Grade Steel, Steel Ball Bearings

http://www.sheepusa.org/environment/products.shtml
slaughters, and the animals live and die in it as they do
in any other habitat. They also depend on it for their
lives like the animals in any other habitat. If people
consume animal products from animals they think are
raised in decent ways, they will be promoting life for
more such animals in the future.
From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised
get over 500 pounds of human consumable meat. From a grass
raised dairy cow people get thousands of servings of dairy
products. Due to the influence of farm machinery, and *icides,
and in the case of rice the flooding and draining of fields,
one serving of soy or rice based product is likely to involve
more animal deaths than hundreds of servings derived from grass
raised cattle. Grass raised cattle products contribute to less
wildlife deaths, better wildlife habitat, and decent lives for
cattle. ·

Wilson Woods

t.racer wrote:
> I'm going to an orientation for law school and part of the evening is
> "light supper." So I called the school to find out if they plan to
> alienate vegans or not. The woman told me to make a suggestion for
> something vegan. I said I like lots of vegan food, but don't really
> know what kinds of things would be served at an event such as this.
> She said they just have a salad and then 3 choices and last year one
> of them was keish which obviously isn't vegan. So she said to come up
> with a suggestion for a vegan choice. Any ideas?

This is just classic! First, the stupid self absorbed
cow with the unwarranted sense of entitlement assumes
RIGHT OFF THE BAT that the school harbors some
bad-faith wish to "alienate" "vegans". Then, when the
solicitousrepresentative of the school not only tries
to accomodate the vacuous cow, but actually hands REAL
POWER to her, the cow doesn't know what to do!

This is classic because it illustrates the second most
irritating feature of all "vegans", after their smugly
arrogant certitude: a loathsome, crippling passivity.
"vegans"/"aras" ALWAYS want someone to do the heavy
lifting for them, even when the task is as light as
suggesting a menu item. This moron 't.racer'
ostensibly is a "vegan", yet she couldn't think of a
strictly vegetarian menu item when asked for one! Holy
mother of ****, woman: vegetarian lasagna with a
cheese substitute. That took me all of 7-8 seconds to
imagine.

You'll make an excellent ambulance chaser or "women's
reproductive rights" liar (the correct spelling and
pronunciation for "lawyer".)

Wilson Woods

t.racer wrote:
> I'm going to an orientation for law school and part of the evening is
> "light supper." So I called the school to find out if they plan to
> alienate vegans or not. The woman told me to make a suggestion for
> something vegan. I said I like lots of vegan food, but don't really
> know what kinds of things would be served at an event such as this.
> She said they just have a salad and then 3 choices and last year one
> of them was keish which obviously isn't vegan. So she said to come up
> with a suggestion for a vegan choice. Any ideas?

This is just classic! First, the stupid self absorbed
cow with the unwarranted sense of entitlement assumes
RIGHT OFF THE BAT that the school harbors some
bad-faith wish to "alienate" "vegans". Then, when the
solicitousrepresentative of the school not only tries
to accomodate the vacuous cow, but actually hands REAL
POWER to her, the cow doesn't know what to do!

This is classic because it illustrates the second most
irritating feature of all "vegans", after their smugly
arrogant certitude: a loathsome, crippling passivity.
"vegans"/"aras" ALWAYS want someone to do the heavy
lifting for them, even when the task is as light as
suggesting a menu item. This moron 't.racer'
ostensibly is a "vegan", yet she couldn't think of a
strictly vegetarian menu item when asked for one! Holy
mother of ****, woman: vegetarian lasagna with a
cheese substitute. That took me all of 7-8 seconds to
imagine.

You'll make an excellent ambulance chaser or "women's
reproductive rights" liar (the correct spelling and
pronunciation for "lawyer".)

Kake L Pugh

t.racer > wrote:
> I'm going to an orientation for law school and part of the evening
> is "light supper." [...] The woman [...] said they just have a salad
> and then 3 choices and last year one of them was keish which
> obviously isn't vegan. So she said to come up with a suggestion for
> a vegan choice. Any ideas?

It's spelt "quiche"

I've tried to come up with suggestions that work sorta-like quiche in a meal
with salad and that wouldn't be too much trouble for a busy kitchen to
prepare. It's great that they're willing to accommodate you, and if you
give them a couple of ideas that they can prepare quite easily, they'll have
a better idea of how to feed vegans in the future.

Chickpea-stuffed peppers.
A lot of stuffed pepper recipes are really quite boring; they just bung some
rice into a pepper and call it a meal. This one's got chickpeas in it for a
bit more substance.
http://www.earth.li/~kake/cookery/re...d-peppers.html

Jacket potato with hummous.
It may sound a bit boring but if the salad is interesting then this can be a
very nice light meal. Bake the potato, hollow it out, mash the insides with
hummous and optionally some chopped fresh herbs, put the insides back in,
bake a bit longer. Bought hummous is fine for this.

Noodle salad with peanut dressing.
http://www.earth.li/~kake/cookery/re...dle-salad.html

Kake

Kake L Pugh

t.racer > wrote:
> I'm going to an orientation for law school and part of the evening
> is "light supper." [...] The woman [...] said they just have a salad
> and then 3 choices and last year one of them was keish which
> obviously isn't vegan. So she said to come up with a suggestion for
> a vegan choice. Any ideas?

It's spelt "quiche"

I've tried to come up with suggestions that work sorta-like quiche in a meal
with salad and that wouldn't be too much trouble for a busy kitchen to
prepare. It's great that they're willing to accommodate you, and if you
give them a couple of ideas that they can prepare quite easily, they'll have
a better idea of how to feed vegans in the future.

Chickpea-stuffed peppers.
A lot of stuffed pepper recipes are really quite boring; they just bung some
rice into a pepper and call it a meal. This one's got chickpeas in it for a
bit more substance.
http://www.earth.li/~kake/cookery/re...d-peppers.html

Jacket potato with hummous.
It may sound a bit boring but if the salad is interesting then this can be a
very nice light meal. Bake the potato, hollow it out, mash the insides with
hummous and optionally some chopped fresh herbs, put the insides back in,
bake a bit longer. Bought hummous is fine for this.

Noodle salad with peanut dressing.
http://www.earth.li/~kake/cookery/re...dle-salad.html

Kake

t.racer

Thanks for your help. You rock! I printed it out and will deliver it.
I'm just ignoring that "Wilson Wood's" response because it made
ignorant comments right off the bat and is probably just jealous
because it got rejected from law school probably by a vegan in the
admissions dept. Kinda like how Hitler's artwork was criticized by a
Jew.

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 19:20:36 +0000 (UTC), Kake L Pugh >
wrote:

>t.racer > wrote:
>> I'm going to an orientation for law school and part of the evening
>> is "light supper." [...] The woman [...] said they just have a salad
>> and then 3 choices and last year one of them was keish which
>> obviously isn't vegan. So she said to come up with a suggestion for
>> a vegan choice. Any ideas?

>It's spelt "quiche"
>
>I've tried to come up with suggestions that work sorta-like quiche in a meal
>with salad and that wouldn't be too much trouble for a busy kitchen to
>prepare. It's great that they're willing to accommodate you, and if you
>give them a couple of ideas that they can prepare quite easily, they'll have
>a better idea of how to feed vegans in the future.
>
>Chickpea-stuffed peppers.
>A lot of stuffed pepper recipes are really quite boring; they just bung some
>rice into a pepper and call it a meal. This one's got chickpeas in it for a
>bit more substance.
> http://www.earth.li/~kake/cookery/re...d-peppers.html
>
>Jacket potato with hummous.
>It may sound a bit boring but if the salad is interesting then this can be a
>very nice light meal. Bake the potato, hollow it out, mash the insides with
>hummous and optionally some chopped fresh herbs, put the insides back in,
>bake a bit longer. Bought hummous is fine for this.
>
>Noodle salad with peanut dressing.
> http://www.earth.li/~kake/cookery/re...dle-salad.html
>

>Kake

http://www.inetworld.net/thrill/

t.racer

wrote:

>t.racer > wrote:
>> I'm going to an orientation for law school and part of the evening
>> is "light supper." [...] The woman [...] said they just have a salad
>> and then 3 choices and last year one of them was keish which
>> obviously isn't vegan. So she said to come up with a suggestion for
>> a vegan choice. Any ideas?

>It's spelt "quiche"
>
>I've tried to come up with suggestions that work sorta-like quiche in a meal
>with salad and that wouldn't be too much trouble for a busy kitchen to
>prepare. It's great that they're willing to accommodate you, and if you
>give them a couple of ideas that they can prepare quite easily, they'll have
>a better idea of how to feed vegans in the future.
>
>Chickpea-stuffed peppers.
>A lot of stuffed pepper recipes are really quite boring; they just bung some
>rice into a pepper and call it a meal. This one's got chickpeas in it for a
>bit more substance.
> http://www.earth.li/~kake/cookery/re...d-peppers.html
>
>Jacket potato with hummous.
>It may sound a bit boring but if the salad is interesting then this can be a
>very nice light meal. Bake the potato, hollow it out, mash the insides with
>hummous and optionally some chopped fresh herbs, put the insides back in,
>bake a bit longer. Bought hummous is fine for this.
>
>Noodle salad with peanut dressing.
> http://www.earth.li/~kake/cookery/re...dle-salad.html
>

>Kake

http://www.inetworld.net/thrill/
Wilson Woods

t.racer wrote:

> Thanks for your help. You rock! I printed it out and will deliver it.
> I'm just ignoring that "Wilson Wood's" response

Of COURSE you're just ignoring it, 't', because you
can't develop a rational response to it, and you *sure*
as hell can't refute the basics of it. More than
anything else, you have seized on some simple-minded
beliefs as part of your basically juvenile, feel-good
approach to life, and you don't really want to think.

You exemplify the disgusting, self-absorbed passivity
encountered in virtually all "vegans". You want life
delivered to you neatly wrapped, without your having to
lift a finger. You also presumptively think ill of
people who might not share your extremist,
fascist-leaning set of ****ed up beliefs.

> because it made
> ignorant comments right off the bat

No, it made very insightful comments based on some
years of observation of "vegans" and the pernicious
pseudo-philosophy they espouse.

Wilson Woods

t.racer wrote:

> Thanks for your help. You rock! I printed it out and will deliver it.
> I'm just ignoring that "Wilson Wood's" response

Of COURSE you're just ignoring it, 't', because you
can't develop a rational response to it, and you *sure*
as hell can't refute the basics of it. More than
anything else, you have seized on some simple-minded
beliefs as part of your basically juvenile, feel-good
approach to life, and you don't really want to think.

You exemplify the disgusting, self-absorbed passivity
encountered in virtually all "vegans". You want life
delivered to you neatly wrapped, without your having to
lift a finger. You also presumptively think ill of
people who might not share your extremist,
fascist-leaning set of ****ed up beliefs.

> because it made
> ignorant comments right off the bat

No, it made very insightful comments based on some
years of observation of "vegans" and the pernicious
pseudo-philosophy they espouse.

t.racer

Default peanut dressing

Hey, I just made your peanut dressing. It's good!

wrote:

>t.racer > wrote:
>> I'm going to an orientation for law school and part of the evening
>> is "light supper." [...] The woman [...] said they just have a salad
>> and then 3 choices and last year one of them was keish which
>> obviously isn't vegan. So she said to come up with a suggestion for
>> a vegan choice. Any ideas?

>It's spelt "quiche"
>
>I've tried to come up with suggestions that work sorta-like quiche in a meal
>with salad and that wouldn't be too much trouble for a busy kitchen to
>prepare. It's great that they're willing to accommodate you, and if you
>give them a couple of ideas that they can prepare quite easily, they'll have
>a better idea of how to feed vegans in the future.
>
>Chickpea-stuffed peppers.
>A lot of stuffed pepper recipes are really quite boring; they just bung some
>rice into a pepper and call it a meal. This one's got chickpeas in it for a
>bit more substance.
> http://www.earth.li/~kake/cookery/re...d-peppers.html
>
>Jacket potato with hummous.
>It may sound a bit boring but if the salad is interesting then this can be a
>very nice light meal. Bake the potato, hollow it out, mash the insides with
>hummous and optionally some chopped fresh herbs, put the insides back in,
>bake a bit longer. Bought hummous is fine for this.
>
>Noodle salad with peanut dressing.
> http://www.earth.li/~kake/cookery/re...dle-salad.html
>

>Kake

http://www.inetworld.net/thrill/