Auntie Nettles

Default Google glitch

Usually Suspicious wrote:

>Prickly Pear wrote:
>> Something strange is going on with Google today.

>No, it isn't.

Yes -- it was. Even another poster noted (in another thread) that
certain messages that were there yesterday were not there earlier
today.

>> None of the messages
>> in any of the groups date any more recently than the 27th of May.

>That happens occasionally. Stuff I posted to afv yesterday just

showed up on
>Google. Ever hear of patience?

More like "very infrequently". I post to it all the time, and it's
usually not delayed by this much. It's usually delayed by half a day
or so -- not a full two days or more.

>> When I first attempted to respond to threads, I noticed recent
>> messages I'd posted had disappeared.

>They didn't disappear. They weren't added to Google's archives

immediately. We
>got them, though. You should feel like a major league asshole in your

rush to
>judgment. At least that's how you come across accusing others of

altering Google
>or nuking your account. Nitwit.

Consider that Ball was ****ing about with my email address and has a
history of stalking others and meddling where he shouldn't, you'll
have to admit why it's not difficult to "rush" to that judgment.

Well, at least I've apologized -- which is more than I can say some
folks are capable of, when they've gone out of line.

>> But I didn't realize it was
>> across-the-board until I brought up the newsgroup pages themselves.

>Well don't you think you should've tried that first before accusing

others of
>things the way you did?

It happens so infrequently that it's not something anyone initially
thinks of. Consider the fact that Ball was continuously using my
email address when he was posting as "Wilson Woods"and others, not to
mention his habit of "getting personal", and as you can see, it's not
hard to jump to such conclusions.

>> So, I apologize if I've mistakenly accused anyone of nuking posts
>> which actually disappeared due to this major Google blackout.

>They didn't disappear. They'll be in the archives when Google's

systems catch
>up. Sometimes it takes longer than other times. From their FAQ:
> # How often is the newsgroup archive updated?
>
> The archive is currently updated several times per day. There may be

> delay of up to 12 hours between articles

Do your math, nitwit. There's a bit of a longer stretch than "12
hours" between the 27 and 29 of May. I'm well-acquainted with Google
and this kind of thing doesn't occur very often. As of now it seems
they've corrected the problem, however.

The glitch happened this morning. The messages I posted yesterday
WERE there at first, in the archives. When I tried to retrieve them,
I got a message saying, "unable to retrieve article". Afterwards I
couldn't locate the messages at all. Seeing your message there and
then having it disappear later might lead one to suspect the article
was nuked from the archives. This odd event was *also* noted by
another poster.

> being posted to a news server
> and those articles being searchable within Google's newsgroup

search. We
> realize this is less than ideal, and we hope to increase the

frequency
> of updates in the near future.
>
>> I will still hold Jon Ball (and/or his allies) accountable for

hacking
>> my email account though, which has nothing to do with Google.

>Do you have evidence of such a felony occurring, or, as was the case

with your
>impatience with Google, are you just blowing smoke?

Explain how I can post evidence for such. I can't even access the
account any more because somebody either changed the password or had
the account deleted. I wrote that I was no longer going to post from
", so anyone who does so in the future will
be using a stolen addy. If they do it from Google then we'll know for
sure the account was hacked.

And technically, trying to pass off another's email address as your
own *is* illegal, although it isn't something I care about enough to
pursue. (See recent news article of New York spammer jailed for
various activities including email forgery). It's more the principle
of the matter.

How to Delete Google Products Gmail Account/Google+Profile Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 0 12-02-2012 12:02 AM
OT - email glitch Dora General Cooking 2 21-04-2011 10:32 PM
Glitch Du Jour Joseph Littleshoes General Cooking 4 30-09-2006 03:10 AM
Odd Glitch on Food TV Christopher Helms General Cooking 2 25-09-2006 01:50 AM
Google glitch? Prickly Pear Vegan 1 30-05-2004 12:31 AM