Prickly Pear

Default Google glitch?

Something strange is going on with Google today. None of the messages
in any of the groups date any more recently than the 27th of May.
When I first attempted to respond to threads, I noticed recent
messages I'd posted had disappeared. But I didn't realize it was
across-the-board until I brought up the newsgroup pages themselves.

So, I apologize if I've mistakenly accused anyone of nuking posts
which actually disappeared due to this major Google blackout.

I will still hold Jon Ball (and/or his allies) accountable for hacking
my email account though, which has nothing to do with Google.
usual suspect

Prick Pear wrote:
> Something strange is going on with Google today.

No, it isn't.

> None of the messages
> in any of the groups date any more recently than the 27th of May.

That happens occasionally. Stuff I posted to afv yesterday just showed up on
Google. Ever hear of patience?

> When I first attempted to respond to threads, I noticed recent
> messages I'd posted had disappeared.

They didn't disappear. They weren't added to Google's archives immediately. We
got them, though. You should feel like a major league asshole in your rush to
judgment. At least that's how you come across accusing others of altering Google
or nuking your account. Nitwit.

> But I didn't realize it was
> across-the-board until I brought up the newsgroup pages themselves.

Well don't you think you should've tried that first before accusing others of
things the way you did?

> So, I apologize if I've mistakenly accused anyone of nuking posts
> which actually disappeared due to this major Google blackout.

They didn't disappear. They'll be in the archives when Google's systems catch
up. Sometimes it takes longer than other times. From their FAQ:
# How often is the newsgroup archive updated?

The archive is currently updated several times per day. There may be a
delay of up to 12 hours between articles being posted to a news server
and those articles being searchable within Google's newsgroup search. We
realize this is less than ideal, and we hope to increase the frequency
of updates in the near future.

> I will still hold Jon Ball (and/or his allies) accountable for hacking
> my email account though, which has nothing to do with Google.

Do you have evidence of such a felony occurring, or, as was the case with your
impatience with Google, are you just blowing smoke?

How to Delete Google Products Gmail Account/Google+Profile Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 0 12-02-2012 12:02 AM
OT - email glitch Dora General Cooking 2 21-04-2011 10:32 PM
Glitch Du Jour Joseph Littleshoes General Cooking 4 30-09-2006 03:10 AM
Odd Glitch on Food TV Christopher Helms General Cooking 2 25-09-2006 01:50 AM
Google glitch Auntie Nettles Vegan 0 30-05-2004 02:19 AM