Gary Beckwith

Default different types of soybeans??

I buy organic soybeans in 25lb bags from the health food store. I just
started the next bag and noticed that they are different than the last
bag.

the beans in the last bag had black "diamonds" on them, almost like
black-eyed peas do. The beans in the new bag have no black marks on
them.

what's up with that? are there different types of soybeans? do I have
something besides soybeans here? I think they've always had the black
mark before.

thanks for any info

gArY
MrFalafel

Gary Beckwith > wrote in message >...
> I buy organic soybeans in 25lb bags from the health food store. I just
> started the next bag and noticed that they are different than the last
> bag.
>
> the beans in the last bag had black "diamonds" on them, almost like
> black-eyed peas do. The beans in the new bag have no black marks on
> them.
>
> what's up with that? are there different types of soybeans? do I have
> something besides soybeans here? I think they've always had the black
> mark before.
>
> thanks for any info
>
> gArY

Looks like the ones with the diamonds on them were Vinton-type wile
the ones you have now are standard commercial ones
http://www.southwestsoya.com/types_of_soybeans.html

And here's some more background info on different types of soybeans:
http://www.indianasoybeanboard.com/W...SpecBean.shtml