Mark Twain

Default Thanksgiving, The Holiday of Genocide

"yechidah" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> "Stuart Wilkes' mom" > wrote in message
> et...
> > It's only genocide if you're a turkey. My suggestion to you: Stay

indoors
> > until the holiday is over.
> >

> As a side note, millions of animals are dying needlessly in the

world
> because of their sacrifices to man.

How about the millions of animals that have died needlessly due to
Christianity. You know, human beings?

angelicusrex

"Mark Twain" said, rather glibbly...

> How about the millions of animals that have died needlessly due to
> Christianity. You know, human beings?

I think you could attach a rider which includes Islam and Judaism in that
"millions of killed..." By the way, it is not religion that kills people,
it's people who kill people and who often use any and all excuses that might
come to hand, religion, race, culture, bad breath, being giants, being
ignorant, breaking truces, breaking treaties, lots of people are dead and I
really don't think you can blame it on one religion. After all the Nazis
killed 13 million. They were not very "religious" except for some vague
Ubermensch ideals from Neitzche and some whacky Arayan ideals made up from
the whole cloth...then there was Stalin, he killed about what? 20 million? A
complete atheist. Then there was Mao Tse Tung, another atheist, Pol Pot,
another communist/atheist and "anti-intellectual." Then let's see, there was
the Emperor of Japan, what was he? Shinto? No, that's right, he was God
incarnated upon the earth. A divine Emperor... he slaughtered quite a few
too...Can we think of some more? Idi Amin? Was he a Christian? The Somalian
Walords...some more non-Christians who not only slaughtered but starved
hundreds of thousands of their own people. The Mongols? Not Christian. The
Turks, not Christians.(They really started the idea of modern murder on a
massive scale...). The Huns, not Christians. The Goths, Visigoths, Magyars,
Gauls, Norse...all non-Christian. Bet you are smart enough to come up with a
lot more atheists, anarchists, tyrants, technocrats and others throughout
history who slaughtered millions and committed genocide? The Aztecs? They
enslaved and butchered quite a few, so many the other surrounding tribes
helped the Christian conquistadors destroy the Aztecs...need I go on?
Christianity is NOT the root of all evil, Mark. What is, is bigotry and
hatred of people for their beliefs. Sounds like you got some of that. Too
bad.

Saint

Nevermore

In > angelicusrex wrote:

> "Mark Twain" said, rather glibbly...
>
>> How about the millions of animals that have died needlessly due to
>> Christianity. You know, human beings?

> I think you could attach a rider which includes Islam and Judaism in
> that "millions of killed..." By the way, it is not religion that kills
> people, it's people who kill people and who often use any and all
> excuses that might come to hand, religion, race, culture, bad breath,
> being giants, being ignorant, breaking truces, breaking treaties, lots
> of people are dead and I really don't think you can blame it on one
> religion. After all the Nazis killed 13 million. They were not very
> "religious" except for some vague Ubermensch ideals from Neitzche and
> some whacky Arayan ideals made up from the whole cloth...then there
> was Stalin, he killed about what? 20 million? A complete atheist.

Just a point of interest - a recent estimate of the total number of
people killed worldwide in the events of World War 2 (including the
Holocaust) and the aftermath (which includes Stalin) is 60 million
people.

> Then
> there was Mao Tse Tung, another atheist, Pol Pot, another communist/
> atheist and "anti-intellectual." Then let's see, there was the Emperor
> of Japan, what was he? Shinto? No, that's right, he was God incarnated
> upon the earth. A divine Emperor... he slaughtered quite a few too...
> Can we think of some more? Idi Amin? Was he a Christian? The Somalian
> Walords...some more non-Christians who not only slaughtered but
> starved hundreds of thousands of their own people. The Mongols? Not
> Christian. The Turks, not Christians.(They really started the idea of
> modern murder on a massive scale...). The Huns, not Christians. The
> Goths, Visigoths, Magyars, Gauls, Norse...all non-Christian. Bet you
> are smart enough to come up with a lot more atheists, anarchists,
> tyrants, technocrats and others throughout history who slaughtered
> millions and committed genocide? The Aztecs? They enslaved and
> butchered quite a few, so many the other surrounding tribes helped the
> Christian conquistadors destroy the Aztecs...need I go on?
> Christianity is NOT the root of all evil, Mark. What is, is bigotry
> and hatred of people for their beliefs. Sounds like you got some of
> that. Too bad.
>
> Saint

Verne

"Nevermore" > wrote in message
> In > angelicusrex wrote:
> >
> > "Mark Twain" said, rather glibbly...
> >
> >> How about the millions of animals that have died needlessly due to
> >> Christianity. You know, human beings?

> > I think you could attach a rider which includes Islam and Judaism in
> > that "millions of killed..." By the way, it is not religion that kills
> > people, it's people who kill people and who often use any and all
> > excuses that might come to hand, religion, race, culture, bad breath,
> > being giants, being ignorant, breaking truces, breaking treaties, lots
> > of people are dead and I really don't think you can blame it on one
> > religion. After all the Nazis killed 13 million. They were not very
> > "religious" except for some vague Ubermensch ideals from Neitzche and
> > some whacky Arayan ideals made up from the whole cloth...then there
> > was Stalin, he killed about what? 20 million? A complete atheist.

> Just a point of interest - a recent estimate of the total number of
> people killed worldwide in the events of World War 2 (including the
> Holocaust) and the aftermath (which includes Stalin) is 60 million
> people.

Lets not forget that Stalin had a head start having killed 7 to 10 million
before WW2, so you could likely add that to his total. The man liked to kill

A New Favorite for Thanksgiving or any Holiday dinner. ImStillMags General Cooking 3 28-11-2010 07:40 AM
Holiday Ham [email protected] General Cooking 4 22-12-2008 03:19 PM
Holiday Meals(Thanksgiving) W. Baker Diabetic 9 07-11-2006 05:13 AM
holiday jam Tim Recipes 0 30-03-2005 01:03 PM
The 2003 Thanksgiving holiday has been Cancelled. Default User General Cooking 4 28-10-2003 05:34 AM