MrFalafel

Default Pecan Pie

Pecan Pie

2 1/2 cups pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup brown rice syrup
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
1/4 tsp sea salt
3 tbsp flaxseeds
1 1/2 tsp arrowroot
1/3 cup soy milk
Prebaked pie crust

To make the filling: place the pecans in a large bowl. In a medium
saucepan, combine the maple syrup, rice syrup, vanilla extract,
ginger, and salt. Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes, then remove from
heat and allow to come to room temperature. In a spice grinder, grind
the flaxseeds to a powder. Combine the arrowroot, soy milk and
flaxseed meal with the maple syrup mixture. Pour into a blender and
blend until smooth. Pour the liquid from the blender over the pecans.
Mix well and pour into the prebaked pie shell. Bake at 350F for 30
minutes, or until the filling has firmed up. Let cool.
Michael Balarama

"MrFalafel" > wrote in message
om...
> Pecan Pie
>
> 2 1/2 cups pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
> 3/4 cup maple syrup
> 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
> 1 tbsp vanilla extract
> 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
> 1/4 tsp sea salt
> 3 tbsp flaxseeds
> 1 1/2 tsp arrowroot
> 1/3 cup soy milk
> Prebaked pie crust
>
> To make the filling: place the pecans in a large bowl. In a medium
> saucepan, combine the maple syrup, rice syrup, vanilla extract,
> ginger, and salt. Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes, then remove from
> heat and allow to come to room temperature. In a spice grinder, grind
> the flaxseeds to a powder. Combine the arrowroot, soy milk and
> flaxseed meal with the maple syrup mixture. Pour into a blender and
> blend until smooth. Pour the liquid from the blender over the pecans.
> Mix well and pour into the prebaked pie shell. Bake at 350F for 30
> minutes, or until the filling has firmed up. Let cool.

One thanksgiving at a friends houses-a Calif ex moved to Wimberly-she
brought a pecan pie-it was so good -I had never had a vegan pecan pie I did
not think it was possible-I could have married her...
this is a standout pie recipe...
Michael

Pecan pie notbob[_5_] General Cooking 63 27-03-2011 08:27 AM
Pecan pie ImStillMags General Cooking 33 25-03-2011 08:29 PM
Pecan pie ImStillMags General Cooking 0 24-03-2011 08:13 PM
Best Pecan Pie Nancy Inman Recipes (moderated) 0 25-11-2007 02:57 PM
Pecan Pie [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 08-02-2005 03:51 AM