Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default problems with soy?? help please

Hi there,
I recently (6 mos.ago) stopped all animal products and white flour because
of a bad health checkup. A week ago, I ran into someone who mentioned
"problems with soy". I didn't know what he was talking about so I Googled
"problems with soy" and there were a lot of hits.

If I were to believe some of those websites, soy is going to wipe out the
population - soy is REALLY bad. But there must be some truth in the info.
What gives? I know people who have been eating soy for decades and they seem
fine. Should I be concerned because I consume a lot of soy milk and tofu?
Should I eat my cereal with rice milk?
Thanks.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

don't eat the same thing everyday
even chinese don't drink soy everyday
variety is important, very very important
go for rice milk, then soy, then oat milk, etc.. etc..
if you're not 'pure vegan', maybe u can also add goat's milk to your
diet
'many' soy milk in asia has additives, I forgot the same. so go for
organic if you can :-)
some say soy milk can affect masculinity, though I haven't seen any
male soymilk seller in asia who is feminine, i don't doubt that they
drink soy everyday for decades.

vegetarians in asia especially take lots of soy and soy by-products.
and they are very healthy. amongs the 'vegetarian community' here, i
have not met anyone with problems like diabetes or heart problems.
maybe they are not telling me? but at least none of them are
grotesquely fat like what u see in fast food nations heh

Fix PC Problems ahaa General Cooking 5 03-10-2007 05:25 PM
Pie Problems texpat General Cooking 9 18-11-2006 01:56 AM
google problems aem General Cooking 11 23-03-2005 11:33 PM
"I have no problems with... " Troublemaker Vegan 1 08-11-2003 04:17 PM
"I have no problems with a..." TofuBoy Barbecue 8 06-11-2003 05:26 PM