Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.fashion

Default Do vegans breastfeed?

Their own children? What about 'wet nursing'? Is that allowed?

--
ThePsyko
Public Enemy #7

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.fashion

Default Do vegans breastfeed? Ethics??????

Very interesting question. I had one fellow, some time ago, try to
justify abortions by suggesting that the child takes nutrients from the
mother at her expense, therefore he felt the child to be a parasite to
its mother.

Now we have a child that is consuming nothing but an animal-sourced
food (mother's milk). Animal proteins, animal fats and animal-sourced
carbs in the form of mothers milk. The mother has a choice to feed her
child this "mucus", as I've heard people in this ng refer to milk or tp
feed it plant based foods.

As a vegan child, must the mother not with-hold her milk and feed it
plant sourced foods only? And what are the ethics of that?

TC

ThePsyko wrote:
> Their own children? What about 'wet nursing'? Is that allowed?
>
> --
> ThePsyko
> Public Enemy #7

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.fashion

On 30 Oct 2006 I stormed the castle called alt.fashion and heard cry out
in ups.com...

> Very interesting question. I had one fellow, some time ago, try to
> justify abortions by suggesting that the child takes nutrients from the
> mother at her expense, therefore he felt the child to be a parasite to
> its mother.

That's an interesting arguement. I suppose by definition, they ARE
"parasites", but not all parasite/host relationships are bad either -
some do quite well together.

I suppose it can also be argued that children continue to suck the life
out of you until they're old enough to move out?

> Now we have a child that is consuming nothing but an animal-sourced
> food (mother's milk). Animal proteins, animal fats and animal-sourced
> carbs in the form of mothers milk. The mother has a choice to feed her
> child this "mucus", as I've heard people in this ng refer to milk or tp
> feed it plant based foods.
>
> As a vegan child, must the mother not with-hold her milk and feed it
> plant sourced foods only? And what are the ethics of that?

--
ThePsyko
Public Enemy #7

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.fashion

Aren't vegans rendered infertile and therefore incapable of breeding due to
poor diet?!

"ThePsyko" > wrote in message
t...
> On 30 Oct 2006 I stormed the castle called alt.fashion and heard cry out
> in ups.com...
>
>> Very interesting question. I had one fellow, some time ago, try to
>> justify abortions by suggesting that the child takes nutrients from the
>> mother at her expense, therefore he felt the child to be a parasite to
>> its mother.

> That's an interesting arguement. I suppose by definition, they ARE
> "parasites", but not all parasite/host relationships are bad either -
> some do quite well together.
>
> I suppose it can also be argued that children continue to suck the life
> out of you until they're old enough to move out?
>

>> Now we have a child that is consuming nothing but an animal-sourced
>> food (mother's milk). Animal proteins, animal fats and animal-sourced
>> carbs in the form of mothers milk. The mother has a choice to feed her
>> child this "mucus", as I've heard people in this ng refer to milk or tp
>> feed it plant based foods.
>>
>> As a vegan child, must the mother not with-hold her milk and feed it
>> plant sourced foods only? And what are the ethics of that?
>>

> --
> ThePsyko
> Public Enemy #7

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.fashion

Body Dibiase wrote:
> Aren't vegans rendered infertile and therefore incapable of breeding due to
> poor diet?!

No. Sadly they are able to reproduce and impose their abusive and
neglectful diet strategies onto unsuspecting infants. More than a few
of their children have died in their care. And those who do not die
live miserably sickly malnourished lives.

TC

> "ThePsyko" > wrote in message
> t...
> > On 30 Oct 2006 I stormed the castle called alt.fashion and heard cry out
> > in ups.com...
> >
> >> Very interesting question. I had one fellow, some time ago, try to
> >> justify abortions by suggesting that the child takes nutrients from the
> >> mother at her expense, therefore he felt the child to be a parasite to
> >> its mother.

> > That's an interesting arguement. I suppose by definition, they ARE
> > "parasites", but not all parasite/host relationships are bad either -
> > some do quite well together.
> >
> > I suppose it can also be argued that children continue to suck the life
> > out of you until they're old enough to move out?
> >

> >> Now we have a child that is consuming nothing but an animal-sourced
> >> food (mother's milk). Animal proteins, animal fats and animal-sourced
> >> carbs in the form of mothers milk. The mother has a choice to feed her
> >> child this "mucus", as I've heard people in this ng refer to milk or tp
> >> feed it plant based foods.
> >>
> >> As a vegan child, must the mother not with-hold her milk and feed it
> >> plant sourced foods only? And what are the ethics of that?
> >>

> > --
> > ThePsyko
> > Public Enemy #7

OT - A problem for Vegans? [email protected] General Cooking 11 25-06-2013 04:49 AM
Vegans S&S Vegan 1 01-06-2005 01:08 AM
a big F-U to vegans everywhere :-) usual suspect Vegan 83 05-01-2005 07:37 PM
What do vegans eat when they go out? Hannah Vegan 21 31-07-2004 08:05 PM
Why Vegans Were Right All Along F.G. Whitfurrows Barbecue 2 17-01-2004 01:10 AM