Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.food.vegan

Default News item; the true cause of vegetable related deaths

Researchers and inspectors have been scratching their heads, wondering
where these outbreaks of botulinin and e-coli poisoning in vegetables
are coming from. Years ago, this kind of disease outbreak and
contamination was confined to poorly cooked or processed meat.
But now, it's vegetables. Last year, strawberries, this year, spinach.
So why? At first, the hygene of pickers was suspected, but that theory
was quickly quashed by P.C. politicians and the media for fear of
stigmatizing latinos. Then, the theory that run-off from cattle
pastures could have contaminated the crops. Finally, the theory about
wild animals traipsing though cattle pastures, picking up the bugs and
then transmitting them to the vegetable crops. Pretty wild.

But the real truth is very simple, and obvious. Pesticides and
herbicides act in other ways besides killing bugs and weeds, they are
also disinfectants. They kill microorganisms. The organic vegetables
in question are not sprayed with pesticides or herbicides. Therefore
soil-borne bacteria are not killed off and get transported into the
plant via moisure and splashed on the plant when it rains and the rain
throws up mud. Simple washing will not eliminate the bugs and so you
end up with sick, dying and DEAD people..

How ironic that crops supposed to be good for people turn out to be
anything but. So vegans, and fans of organic food, time to re-think
you lifestyles.

Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.food.vegan

> How ironic that crops supposed to be good for people turn out to be
> anything but. So vegans, and fans of organic food, time to re-think
> you lifestyles.

I thought for sure you were going to blame this on hispanics or blacks.
Shock...shocked I tell you!!!

Lava

Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.food.vegan

"RichA" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Researchers and inspectors have been scratching their heads, wondering
> where these outbreaks of botulinin and e-coli poisoning in vegetables
> are coming from. Years ago, this kind of disease outbreak and
> contamination was confined to poorly cooked or processed meat.
> But now, it's vegetables. Last year, strawberries, this year, spinach.
> So why? At first, the hygene of pickers was suspected, but that theory
> was quickly quashed by P.C. politicians and the media for fear of
> stigmatizing latinos. Then, the theory that run-off from cattle
> pastures could have contaminated the crops. Finally, the theory about
> wild animals traipsing though cattle pastures, picking up the bugs and
> then transmitting them to the vegetable crops. Pretty wild.
>
> But the real truth is very simple, and obvious. Pesticides and
> herbicides act in other ways besides killing bugs and weeds, they are
> also disinfectants. They kill microorganisms. The organic vegetables
> in question are not sprayed with pesticides or herbicides. Therefore
> soil-borne bacteria are not killed off and get transported into the
> plant via moisure and splashed on the plant when it rains and the rain
> throws up mud. Simple washing will not eliminate the bugs and so you
> end up with sick, dying and DEAD people..

Do you have any citation for this "truth" of yours? Or is it just a theory
that you've concocted on your own? If the latter, what do you actually know
about agriculture, particularly organic argriculture?

> How ironic that crops supposed to be good for people turn out to be
> anything but. So vegans, and fans of organic food, time to re-think
> you lifestyles.

Actually, what vegans and fans of organic food should do is demand some
proof of this "truth" of yours before changing any lifestyles.

Opinions are like assholes: everyone has one. Please don't show us yours
unless you've got something to back it up that is a little more persuasive
than sheer, uneducated speculation.

--
Rhino

Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.food.vegan

Rhino wrote:
> "RichA" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Researchers and inspectors have been scratching their heads, wondering
> > where these outbreaks of botulinin and e-coli poisoning in vegetables
> > are coming from. Years ago, this kind of disease outbreak and
> > contamination was confined to poorly cooked or processed meat.
> > But now, it's vegetables. Last year, strawberries, this year, spinach.
> > So why? At first, the hygene of pickers was suspected, but that theory
> > was quickly quashed by P.C. politicians and the media for fear of
> > stigmatizing latinos. Then, the theory that run-off from cattle
> > pastures could have contaminated the crops. Finally, the theory about
> > wild animals traipsing though cattle pastures, picking up the bugs and
> > then transmitting them to the vegetable crops. Pretty wild.
> >
> > But the real truth is very simple, and obvious. Pesticides and
> > herbicides act in other ways besides killing bugs and weeds, they are
> > also disinfectants. They kill microorganisms. The organic vegetables
> > in question are not sprayed with pesticides or herbicides. Therefore
> > soil-borne bacteria are not killed off and get transported into the
> > plant via moisure and splashed on the plant when it rains and the rain
> > throws up mud. Simple washing will not eliminate the bugs and so you
> > end up with sick, dying and DEAD people..
> >

> Do you have any citation for this "truth" of yours? Or is it just a theory
> that you've concocted on your own? If the latter, what do you actually know
> about agriculture, particularly organic argriculture?
>
> > How ironic that crops supposed to be good for people turn out to be
> > anything but. So vegans, and fans of organic food, time to re-think
> > you lifestyles.
> >

> Actually, what vegans and fans of organic food should do is demand some
> proof of this "truth" of yours before changing any lifestyles.

It's no lie. You will see more of these bouts of sickness as more
gullable losers buy organic food at its inflated prices.

Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.food.vegan

RichA wrote:

> Rhino wrote:
>
>>"RichA" > wrote in message
groups.com...

>>>Researchers and inspectors have been scratching their heads, wondering
>>>where these outbreaks of botulinin and e-coli poisoning in vegetables
>>>are coming from. Years ago, this kind of disease outbreak and
>>>contamination was confined to poorly cooked or processed meat.
>>>But now, it's vegetables. Last year, strawberries, this year, spinach.
>>>So why? At first, the hygene of pickers was suspected, but that theory
>>>was quickly quashed by P.C. politicians and the media for fear of
>>>stigmatizing latinos. Then, the theory that run-off from cattle
>>>pastures could have contaminated the crops. Finally, the theory about
>>>wild animals traipsing though cattle pastures, picking up the bugs and
>>>then transmitting them to the vegetable crops. Pretty wild.
>>>
>>>But the real truth is very simple, and obvious. Pesticides and
>>>herbicides act in other ways besides killing bugs and weeds, they are
>>>also disinfectants. They kill microorganisms. The organic vegetables
>>>in question are not sprayed with pesticides or herbicides. Therefore
>>>soil-borne bacteria are not killed off and get transported into the
>>>plant via moisure and splashed on the plant when it rains and the rain
>>>throws up mud. Simple washing will not eliminate the bugs and so you
>>>end up with sick, dying and DEAD people..
>>>

>>Do you have any citation for this "truth" of yours? Or is it just a theory
>>that you've concocted on your own? If the latter, what do you actually know
>>about agriculture, particularly organic argriculture?
>>

>>>How ironic that crops supposed to be good for people turn out to be
>>>anything but. So vegans, and fans of organic food, time to re-think
>>>you lifestyles.
>>>

>>Actually, what vegans and fans of organic food should do is demand some
>>proof of this "truth" of yours before changing any lifestyles.

> It's no lie. You will see more of these bouts of sickness as more
> gullable

No such word.

Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.food.vegan

organic is much better for you than conventionally grown crops. if you
think those who buy organic are stupid, you should rethink that and
take a look at what chemicals are going into the garbage you call food,
which sewage is being poured on your cereal, how your food is
irradiated to preserve it--then again, i'm sure irradiation is not much
concern to you, nor would you even know the dangers of it since you
think it's absurd to buy organic.

i've been buying organic and when i changed countries and wasn't
familiar with the organic stores around here, i had to go conventional.
my mouth started burning up from the pesticides, i had pain in my
stomach and my body was stressing to remove the poisons. this is
because when you expose yourself to toxins over a long period of time,
your body gets accustomed to it, making it so you wouldn't notice the
damage that the chemicals are causing your body. going organic for a
long time, thus allowing your body to clear itself of toxins, and then
reintroducing the toxins will have some impact, which is why someone
would feel sick after eating completely organic for a long time and
then switching immediated to eating completely conventional.

in getting to know your body you figure out just what is causing your
health problems. i never get headaches, and if i do on the rarest
occasion, i know exactly what causes it. pesticides, chemicals,
irradiation... all that stuff we call "healthy" is destroying our
bodies. given an organic apple, if it were sprayed with raid and then
washed, would you eat it? if your answer is yes, then good for you, if
your answer is no... why not? the chemicals used in your conventional
farming--diluted from chemicals that were invented for chemical
warfare--are a lot more concentrated and stronger than that and those
using them have to wear special respiratory equipment. it's bad for our
health and destroys our environment.

also, regarding radiation... set aside two raw seeds (organic,
preferably, so that they don't run the risk of being sterile)... take
two small dishes of water... microwave one of the dishes of water and
leave the other alone. put the seeds in. see which one sprouts and
which one doesn't. it's simple... irradiation kills, and you don't do
anything wonderful other than confuse the hell out of your cells when
introducing irradiated foods. chances are, you probably use a microwave
without knowing how bad it is for your health.

some people are so ignorant. yes, animal rights are important, but
since many vegans say it's so much healthier to be vegan, i think it's
time they actually looked at a lot of the garbage they eat. then again,
healthy to some may not be healthy to all. for example soy is a very
controversial topic as many believe it's the best thing to eat. i
disagree. that's something else on its own. research it if you're
interested.

also, if you say that pesticides kill bacteria, a living organism, then
why does that make it okay to consume these chemicals? isn't your body
a living organism, full of individual cells? the truth is it's not ok.
organics get a bad rap because more people are growing conscious of the
agricultural industry. organics is taking a bigger share of the market
than ever before. e. coli would come from conventional farming
pastures/factory farms/etc. as organically-grown animals are not
unhealthy and would not need antibiotics to warp the e. coli to some
superbacteria that people die from. the mutated, superbacteria form of
e. coli is from conventional livestock farming, not organic animal
farming nor organic vegetable farming.

Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.food.vegan

"RichA" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Rhino wrote:
>> "RichA" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> > Researchers and inspectors have been scratching their heads, wondering
>> > where these outbreaks of botulinin and e-coli poisoning in vegetables
>> > are coming from. Years ago, this kind of disease outbreak and
>> > contamination was confined to poorly cooked or processed meat.
>> > But now, it's vegetables. Last year, strawberries, this year, spinach.
>> > So why? At first, the hygene of pickers was suspected, but that theory
>> > was quickly quashed by P.C. politicians and the media for fear of
>> > stigmatizing latinos. Then, the theory that run-off from cattle
>> > pastures could have contaminated the crops. Finally, the theory about
>> > wild animals traipsing though cattle pastures, picking up the bugs and
>> > then transmitting them to the vegetable crops. Pretty wild.
>> >
>> > But the real truth is very simple, and obvious. Pesticides and
>> > herbicides act in other ways besides killing bugs and weeds, they are
>> > also disinfectants. They kill microorganisms. The organic vegetables
>> > in question are not sprayed with pesticides or herbicides. Therefore
>> > soil-borne bacteria are not killed off and get transported into the
>> > plant via moisure and splashed on the plant when it rains and the rain
>> > throws up mud. Simple washing will not eliminate the bugs and so you
>> > end up with sick, dying and DEAD people..
>> >

>> Do you have any citation for this "truth" of yours? Or is it just a
>> theory
>> that you've concocted on your own? If the latter, what do you actually
>> know
>> about agriculture, particularly organic argriculture?
>>
>> > How ironic that crops supposed to be good for people turn out to be
>> > anything but. So vegans, and fans of organic food, time to re-think
>> > you lifestyles.
>> >

>> Actually, what vegans and fans of organic food should do is demand some
>> proof of this "truth" of yours before changing any lifestyles.

> It's no lie. You will see more of these bouts of sickness as more
> gullable losers buy organic food at its inflated prices.

I didn't say you were lying. I said I'd like to see some resembling
substantiation for the claims you're making. A newspaper article, a
scientific study, or _something_ that would tend to lend an air of
credibility to what you're saying. Because right now, this looks a lot more
like a theory you've concocted from thin air or heard via the grapevine
(i.e. someone _else_ concocting a theory which you have then passed on as
"fact".)

If this theory is plausible, it should also be provable. In fact, there
should already be some existing evidence that supports it. And I don't mean
anecdotal evidence but proper scientific evidence.

Since you haven't provided anything of the kind, I really can't take your
claims seriously. Come back when you have something resembling proof.

--
Rhino

Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.food.vegan

I wonder what country you are in that has no organic stores?

hummus.maximus wrote:
> [...]
> controversial topic as many believe it's the best thing to eat. i
> disagree. that's something else on its own. research it if you're
> interested.
>
> also, if you say that pesticides kill bacteria, a living organism, then
> why does that make it okay to consume these chemicals? isn't your body
> a living organism, full of individual cells? the truth is it's not ok.
> organics get a bad rap because more people are growing conscious of the
> agricultural industry. organics is taking a bigger share of the market
> than ever before. e. coli would come from conventional farming
> pastures/factory farms/etc. as organically-grown animals are not
> unhealthy and would not need antibiotics to warp the e. coli to some
> superbacteria that people die from. the mutated, superbacteria form of
> e. coli is from conventional livestock farming, not organic animal

What is this possibly food-related item ??? Mark Thorson General Cooking 22 03-06-2014 05:20 AM
What is this possibly food-related item ??? Mark Thorson General Cooking 1 15-12-2010 05:59 PM
News Item: Tea and Cancer Carl Tea 0 13-12-2005 12:04 AM
Item From the Business News Charles Perry Sourdough 0 22-09-2004 08:19 PM
Washington's Whisky, News Item J Stanley Beer 0 22-10-2003 11:27 PM