Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Veg newbie needing a little help

I dont know that the last time i posted, it really posted anyway...

Ok..
The whole moral maturity/self actualization thing has been long in the
waiting, but I think i now need to go veg. I am going to try the whole
vegetarian diet plus tuna. I am promising myself that the tuna will not be
heavily relied upon. I do have some issues i need help with however.

First and foremost is the issue on what to eat. This was a moral decision,
not something planned. I havent eaten meat in three days now, but the
problem is, i havent eaten much of anything in three days now. For
instance, it is now lunch time. I cant think of a single thing that is
fairly close or quick that doesnt contain meat (except salad) and so im
just not eating. There must be something i can eat other then lettuce for
lunch for the rest of my life. I know there is. Please help

Second, the media have successfully brain-washed me into believing that i
am not going to waste away and die of some sort of vitamin deficiency. Is
there any chat showing me what i am not lacking in my diet and what/how
much to eat of other foods to replace it per day?

Lastly, is there any sort of IRC channel for vegetarians ? I did some
looking around on google, but the only reference i found was for #veggies
on Efnet which seems to now be gone. It would be good to talk to other
vegetarians to find out how they do it.

thanks for all the help,

The Spillmonkey
Posted to alt.food.vegan

TheSpillmonkey wrote:
> First and foremost is the issue on what to eat.

What you need are a zillion new recipes. Check out my website (below).
There are hundreds of links to free vegetarian recipe collections all
over the internet. Don't starve yourself.

Scented Nectar
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Posted to alt.food.vegan

You could also check out my site
www.ourvegankitchen.com

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> TheSpillmonkey wrote:
>> First and foremost is the issue on what to eat.

> What you need are a zillion new recipes. Check out my website (below).
> There are hundreds of links to free vegetarian recipe collections all
> over the internet. Don't starve yourself.
>
> Scented Nectar
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Posted to alt.food.vegan

TheSpillmonkey wrote:

> First and foremost is the issue on what to eat. This was a moral decision,
> not something planned. I havent eaten meat in three days now, but the
> problem is, i havent eaten much of anything in three days now. For
> instance, it is now lunch time. I cant think of a single thing that is
> fairly close or quick that doesnt contain meat (except salad) and so im
> just not eating. There must be something i can eat other then lettuce for
> lunch for the rest of my life. I know there is. Please help

Veg Starter Kit ( nutrition information, recipes, brief):
http://www.veganoutreach.org/starterpack/

> Lastly, is there any sort of IRC channel for vegetarians ? I did some
> looking around on google, but the only reference i found was for #veggies
> on Efnet which seems to now be gone. It would be good to talk to other
> vegetarians to find out how they do it.

IRC and Usenet are dead except, mostly, for technical discussions. You
want to do a google search for suitable web board or yahoo groups for
an email list.

Meetup.com lets you search your area by zipcode and by type of group (
"vegan", "vegetarian") to find groups that meet for lunch once a month.
That could be very helpful to you in gaining support and discovering
local resources.