Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default New-crop greens

Anyone have any advance word on season conditions
for greens this year? I was roundly disappointed with
much of last years harvest, and am hoping for better this one.

I recall that there was much rain last year, which is apparently
the reason for the less-than-stellar product. Anyone know
about this year?
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

2006 First Batch Xi Hu Long Jing Sold for $900 USD per KG in Hang Zhou
in March and subsquent auctions have shown similar upturns in pricing
for green tea. The year is good as the weather conditions have been
favorable but as with everything tea demand is up and so are the
prices! Expect lower quality teas at higher prices to hit the shores of
the U.S. again this year.

Allen Miller

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

In article .com>,
"humantenacity" > wrote:

> 2006 First Batch Xi Hu Long Jing Sold for $900 USD per KG in Hang Zhou

Good Grief.

I suppose once again I'll have to carefully choose a vendor
for a small, overpriced ounce or two of Long Jing and hope
that it provides at least some pleasure. I'm beginning to
think that hoping for reasonable prices and excellent quality
among the famous 10 is merely fanciful thinking. They're
pricing their teas out of the marketplace.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

pilo_ > writes:

> In article .com>,
> "humantenacity" > wrote:
>
> > 2006 First Batch Xi Hu Long Jing Sold for $900 USD per KG in Hang Zhou

> Good Grief.
>
> I suppose once again I'll have to carefully choose a vendor
> for a small, overpriced ounce or two of Long Jing and hope
> that it provides at least some pleasure. I'm beginning to
> think that hoping for reasonable prices and excellent quality
> among the famous 10 is merely fanciful thinking. They're
> pricing their teas out of the marketplace.

Then forget the ten. Knowledge will help you when money fails. And
knowledge is more fun to acquire than money.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /

new crop taopants Tea 4 15-05-2009 01:43 PM
Chilean crop Tom[_1_] Winemaking 14 26-04-2007 08:31 PM
new crop greens pilo_ Tea 0 14-04-2006 07:48 PM