Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Tea Ceremonies and tea brewing

this is an interesting group of links for anyone interested in tea
brewing, (not tea buying)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Tea_ceremony
---
icetea...

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Dominic T.

wrote:
> this is an interesting group of links for anyone interested in tea
> brewing, (not tea buying)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Tea_ceremony
> ---
> icetea...

I was taught to perform the proper Japanese tea ceremony from an older
Thai woman years back, and I think it was one of the coolest
experiences ever. She owned a small asian market and we ended up
becoming great friends. I find the tea ceremony a great way to relax
and withdraw from modern hustle and bustle. I love "The Book Of Tea" by
Okakura, a week or so back someone found it for free on Project
Gutenburg online... but it only costs $3.95 at the bookstore. It is
very complete and a great history and philosophy lesson. Not plugging
or anything but Taoism is a great extension to tea and tea ceremony. I
personally really enjoyed the Tao Te Ching.

- Dominic
Drinking: Jasmine Green Pearls