sherdwen

Default rare or scarce tea ceremonies, and tea performances, wicca?

We all know about the Japanese green tea, Chinese gong-fu tea,but
anyone know of other ceremonies, tea-making arts, tea cultures and
practices from around the world, featuring the traditional and modern,
as well as the elegant and not so popular. I have heard that the
non-Asian people had tea ceremonies or rituals years ago including
wicca, but I can't find anything.
sherdwen

toci

Try the opening scene of MacBeth. Toci

Space Cowboy

You can't beat the British for elegance. Did anyone see the special on
Mongol camel herders? Grandma mixed tea and milk in a hugh caldron in
the middle of the yert. It was big leaves but couldn't see if the tea
was mushroom shaped variety. I guess it could handle a 250g pod with
no problem. One camel wouldn't accept her new born. After weeks of
trying they brought in a healer who played a violin which caused her to
cry and accept her offspring. Unbelievable.

Jim

sherdwen wrote:
> We all know about the Japanese green tea, Chinese gong-fu tea,but
> anyone know of other ceremonies, tea-making arts, tea cultures and
> practices from around the world, featuring the traditional and modern,
> as well as the elegant and not so popular. I have heard that the
> non-Asian people had tea ceremonies or rituals years ago including
> wicca, but I can't find anything.
> sherdwen

Lewis Perin

"Space Cowboy" > writes:

> You can't beat the British for elegance. Did anyone see the special on
> Mongol camel herders? Grandma mixed tea and milk in a hugh caldron in
> the middle of the yert. It was big leaves but couldn't see if the tea
> was mushroom shaped variety. I guess it could handle a 250g pod with
> no problem. One camel wouldn't accept her new born. After weeks of
> trying they brought in a healer who played a violin which caused her to
> cry and accept her offspring. Unbelievable.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373861/

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Space Cowboy

Thanks. Worth tracking down on the premium channels or store. The
picture of the new born (camel colt?) on the cover says a thousand
words. Here he looked happy while mostly looking sad. He was white,
not sure if albino, while the herd was brown. From occasional panned
view you could see a few other white camel. The camel in this culture
is a mythical blend of eight animals. I could see their argument. The
viola weeping ceremony is more apt description.

Jim

Lewis Perin wrote:
> "Space Cowboy" > writes:
>
> > You can't beat the British for elegance. Did anyone see the special on
> > Mongol camel herders? Grandma mixed tea and milk in a hugh caldron in
> > the middle of the yert. It was big leaves but couldn't see if the tea
> > was mushroom shaped variety. I guess it could handle a 250g pod with
> > no problem. One camel wouldn't accept her new born. After weeks of
> > trying they brought in a healer who played a violin which caused her to
> > cry and accept her offspring. Unbelievable.

> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373861/
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Alex Chaihorsky

Speaking of camels - a historical fact that somehow not too many people are
aware about (I learned that working in Mongolia and later checked with
historians)

After Genghis Khan died Mongols wanted to give him a proper burial but were
afraid that his tomb will be robbed in the future. Also the free Mongols,
his followers, the so-called "men of long will" were worried that his grave
may be used for political manipulation.
The Mongol custom require an honor party for the departed a year after his
death at the burial site, so he cannot be just buried in the middle of
limitless featureless steppe.
This is how they did it. Genghis body was buried in a deep grave in the
middle of the steppes with many valuables. Mongols gave him his last honors
and killed on the site of the grave a newborn camel and left. A year later
the camel's mother led them back to the site. They gave the great Khan their
last drink of aryka, killed the camel and left the site forever. Until today
the grave of Genghis Khan remains undiscovered.

I think nothing describes these people better than this story.

Sasha.

ups.com...