Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Jason F in Los Angeles

Default Pu-erh Factory Mystery

Hello pu-erh detectives! I recently bought a new offering from my
Chinatown. It's a 250g zhuancha brick. On either side of a large "cha"
logo, it says "smiles greet the world" and "friend tea" in chinese. At
the top of the label are two abstract dragons that face each other that
look like they're made of smoke or lightning. The production date is
stamped in blue as April 2005. The factory info is listed as:
云南临沧勐库茶叶制品有限公司, or Lincang Mengku Tea
Product Company.

Does anyone know about this factory? I don't think it's the same
factory as Mengku Rongshi, as their logos are very different.

It looks to be of better quality than the generic zhuancha they've had
before.

Other info: it was packaged into gift boxes by Keng Vai Agencia Co in
Macau.

I'll probably post a link to a picture of the cake soon.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Lewis Perin

"Jason F in Los Angeles" > writes:

> Hello pu-erh detectives! I recently bought a new offering from my
> Chinatown. It's a 250g zhuancha brick. On either side of a large "cha"
> logo, it says "smiles greet the world" and "friend tea" in chinese. At
> the top of the label are two abstract dragons that face each other that
> look like they're made of smoke or lightning. The production date is
> stamped in blue as April 2005. The factory info is listed as:
> 云南临沧勐库茶叶制品有限公司, or Lincang Mengku Tea
> Product Company.
>
> Does anyone know about this factory? I don't think it's the same
> factory as Mengku Rongshi, as their logos are very different.

Having not tooted this horn recently, let me mention that Babelcarp
has small entries on both Lincang and Mengku.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy

Lincang Mengku is Shuangjiang Mengku which produces Rong Shi Qi Ai:
http://china-customs.com/customs-yel...s/5300032.html (see
5317930004):

You can find Shuangjiang Mengku on TaoBao. I don't have any logos in
my culled Shuangjian collection that you describe. If you can post a
picture I might find it on TaoBao with some particulars. There is a
separate Lincang tea factory.

Jim

Jason F in Los Angeles wrote:
> Hello pu-erh detectives! I recently bought a new offering from my
> Chinatown. It's a 250g zhuancha brick. On either side of a large "cha"
> logo, it says "smiles greet the world" and "friend tea" in chinese. At
> the top of the label are two abstract dragons that face each other that
> look like they're made of smoke or lightning. The production date is
> stamped in blue as April 2005. The factory info is listed as:
> 云南临沧勐库茶叶制品有限公司, or Lincang Mengku Tea
> Product Company.
>
> Does anyone know about this factory? I don't think it's the same
> factory as Mengku Rongshi, as their logos are very different.
>
> It looks to be of better quality than the generic zhuancha they've had
> before.
>
> Other info: it was packaged into gift boxes by Keng Vai Agencia Co in
> Macau.
>
> I'll probably post a link to a picture of the cake soon.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
samarkand

Two different companies.

Danny

"Lewis Perin" > wrote in message
news
> "Jason F in Los Angeles" > writes:
>
>> Hello pu-erh detectives! I recently bought a new offering from my
>> Chinatown. It's a 250g zhuancha brick. On either side of a large "cha"
>> logo, it says "smiles greet the world" and "friend tea" in chinese. At
>> the top of the label are two abstract dragons that face each other that
>> look like they're made of smoke or lightning. The production date is
>> stamped in blue as April 2005. The factory info is listed as:
>> ??????????????, or Lincang Mengku Tea
>> Product Company.
>>
>> Does anyone know about this factory? I don't think it's the same
>> factory as Mengku Rongshi, as their logos are very different.

> Having not tooted this horn recently, let me mention that Babelcarp
> has small entries on both Lincang and Mengku.
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
samarkand

Jim, your info is wrong.

Jason F.,

Yunnan Lincang Mengku Tea Products Co., Ltd is located at BANGZHANG VILLAGE,
MENGKU TOWN, SHUANGJIANG, LICANG, YUNNAN. It is a big company.

The Rongshi you talked about is a small holding run by a local farmer and
his family members:

Shuangjiang Mengku Tea making Factory, located at CHENGZI VILLAGE, MENGKU
TOWN, SHUANGJIANG, LINCANG, YUNNAN. It is managed by Mr Rong Jiasheng.

Danny

oups.com...

Jason F in Los Angeles wrote:
> Hello pu-erh detectives! I recently bought a new offering from my
> Chinatown. It's a 250g zhuancha brick. On either side of a large "cha"
> logo, it says "smiles greet the world" and "friend tea" in chinese. At
> the top of the label are two abstract dragons that face each other that
> look like they're made of smoke or lightning. The production date is
> stamped in blue as April 2005. The factory info is listed as:
> ??????????????, or Lincang Mengku Tea
> Product Company.
>
> Does anyone know about this factory? I don't think it's the same
> factory as Mengku Rongshi, as their logos are very different.
>
> It looks to be of better quality than the generic zhuancha they've had
> before.
>
> Other info: it was packaged into gift boxes by Keng Vai Agencia Co in
> Macau.
>
> I'll probably post a link to a picture of the cake soon.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy

Thanks, Danny. Nothing slips by you. I couldn't find ANY Lincang
Mengku on TaoBao but lots of Shuangjiang Menku. I put two and two
together and came up with five with a little help from the Internet. I
do have a picture of a Shuangjiang Menku Rong Shi Qi Ai Bing.

Jim

samarkand wrote:
> Jim, your info is wrong.
>
> Jason F.,
>
> Yunnan Lincang Mengku Tea Products Co., Ltd is located at BANGZHANG VILLAGE,
> MENGKU TOWN, SHUANGJIANG, LICANG, YUNNAN. It is a big company.
>
> The Rongshi you talked about is a small holding run by a local farmer and
> his family members:
>
> Shuangjiang Mengku Tea making Factory, located at CHENGZI VILLAGE, MENGKU
> TOWN, SHUANGJIANG, LINCANG, YUNNAN. It is managed by Mr Rong Jiasheng.
>
> Danny
>

> "Space Cowboy" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> Lincang Mengku is Shuangjiang Mengku which produces Rong Shi Qi Ai:
> http://china-customs.com/customs-yel...s/5300032.html (see
> 5317930004):
>
> You can find Shuangjiang Mengku on TaoBao. I don't have any logos in
> my culled Shuangjian collection that you describe. If you can post a
> picture I might find it on TaoBao with some particulars. There is a
> separate Lincang tea factory.
>
> Jim
>
> Jason F in Los Angeles wrote:
> > Hello pu-erh detectives! I recently bought a new offering from my
> > Chinatown. It's a 250g zhuancha brick. On either side of a large "cha"
> > logo, it says "smiles greet the world" and "friend tea" in chinese. At
> > the top of the label are two abstract dragons that face each other that
> > look like they're made of smoke or lightning. The production date is
> > stamped in blue as April 2005. The factory info is listed as:
> > ??????????????, or Lincang Mengku Tea
> > Product Company.
> >
> > Does anyone know about this factory? I don't think it's the same
> > factory as Mengku Rongshi, as their logos are very different.
> >
> > It looks to be of better quality than the generic zhuancha they've had
> > before.
> >
> > Other info: it was packaged into gift boxes by Keng Vai Agencia Co in
> > Macau.
> >
> > I'll probably post a link to a picture of the cake soon.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Jason F in Los Angeles

But is their (Lincang Mengku) puerh good by your tastes and/or
standards? I haven't broken into it yet, but I'll post a review when I
do, with a picture of the tea.

(BTW, it took me hours on Zhongwen, Babelfish, and Google figuring out
what all the characters meant on my tea! I was so relieved when I saw
that I got it right.)

So...yeah...Lincang Mengku Tea Products Co tea any good, y'all?

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
samarkand

I can't comment on this, as the only tea I tried from them is the Dian Hong,
which is not arguable the best I have tried.

Danny

"Jason F in Los Angeles" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> But is their (Lincang Mengku) puerh good by your tastes and/or
> standards? I haven't broken into it yet, but I'll post a review when I
> do, with a picture of the tea.
>
> (BTW, it took me hours on Zhongwen, Babelfish, and Google figuring out
> what all the characters meant on my tea! I was so relieved when I saw
> that I got it right.)
>
> So...yeah...Lincang Mengku Tea Products Co tea any good, y'all?

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Jason F in Los Angeles

I posted the picture at the Puerh_Tea livejournal community,
http://www.livejournal.com/users/puerh_tea

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy

I hope to find what I buy on TaoBao and learn more information. I cull
the information on the wrapper with year,weight,price and save any
unique information such as factory in Unicode. I'm getting better at
starting from scratch with the characters but pinyin is easier but no
gimme especially since you don't see the tonals. My approach to cooked
puer is to buy recent crops from different factories. I don't think
ranking each taste perse has much meaning. I've learned that the
rancid undesired wet warehouse taste also can appear in the dry
warehouse method. That taste is designed to disappear with age. I've
got qizis and qizis of 2003 Xiaguan that needs some disappearing. I
think the bottom line you are still working with a given crop of tea
with it's own taste subject to mysterious factory formulas. I'm almost
to the point of liking cooked puer simply for what it is. It's like
drinking beer. It's an all over the place taste you get use too.

Jim

Jason F in Los Angeles wrote:
> But is their (Lincang Mengku) puerh good by your tastes and/or
> standards? I haven't broken into it yet, but I'll post a review when I
> do, with a picture of the tea.
>
> (BTW, it took me hours on Zhongwen, Babelfish, and Google figuring out
> what all the characters meant on my tea! I was so relieved when I saw
> that I got it right.)
>
> So...yeah...Lincang Mengku Tea Products Co tea any good, y'all?

Piss Factory Bryan[_6_] General Cooking 31 15-10-2012 02:48 AM
Which Factory is this from ? Mal from Oz Tea 11 08-04-2007 06:07 AM
Chocoalte factory Cyril Chocolate 8 24-10-2006 12:52 AM
Kolache Factory Vox Humana General Cooking 18 11-12-2004 04:28 PM
Donut Factory Mike General Cooking 7 24-06-2004 08:34 PM