Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Default Chocoalte factory

Hi, Can anyone recomend of a chocoalte store or factory where a bunch
of chocolate enthusiast can witness making chocolate from bean to end
product? We are located in the NY- CT -metro area...
Cyril

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Cyril wrote:

> Hi, Can anyone recomend of a chocoalte store or factory where a bunch
> of chocolate enthusiast can witness making chocolate from bean to end
> product? We are located in the NY- CT -metro area...

YES,
Try Hershey Pa.

Been through the place it is from bean to packed chocolate!

> Cyril

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

I've only passed by, but I think you can see the process at Jacques
Torres Chocolate at their NYC location. At least it says so on their
site:

http://www.mrchocolate.com/factory.aspx

On 26 Sep 2006 20:55:17 -0700, "Cyril" > wrote:

>Hi, Can anyone recomend of a chocoalte store or factory where a bunch
>of chocolate enthusiast can witness making chocolate from bean to end
>product? We are located in the NY- CT -metro area...
>Cyril

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Michael Bohl wrote:

> Cyril wrote:
>

>>Hi, Can anyone recomend of a chocoalte store or factory where a bunch
>>of chocolate enthusiast can witness making chocolate from bean to end
>>product? We are located in the NY- CT -metro area...

Scharffenberger in SAn Francisco has a nice tour and sampling.
Posted to rec.food.chocolate
F F is offline

I do not recommend Hershey, PA. I went there about a year to two ago.
One does not actually go into the chocolate factory. Instead one goes
on a simulated factory tour. It is done in much the same way that
Disney do their rides.

To me the trip was more about like going to Choco-Disney than going to
a chocolate factory.

I went to Cadbury World in Bournville (South of Birmingham in the
United Kingdom) in 1992. You were not allowed into the factory but you
were allowed to view the factory (the real deal) from observation walk
ways.

On Sep 27, 12:19 pm, Michael Bohl > wrote:
> Cyril wrote:
> > Hi, Can anyone recomend of a chocoalte store or factory where a bunch
> > of chocolate enthusiast can witness making chocolate from bean to end
> > product? We are located in the NY- CT -metro area...YES,

> Try Hershey Pa.
>
> Been through the place it is from bean to packed chocolate!
>

> > Cyril- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

F wrote:
> I do not recommend Hershey, PA. I went there about a year to two ago.
> One does not actually go into the chocolate factory. Instead one goes
> on a simulated factory tour. It is done in much the same way that
> Disney do their rides.
>
> To me the trip was more about like going to Choco-Disney than going to
> a chocolate factory.
>
> I went to Cadbury World in Bournville (South of Birmingham in the
> United Kingdom) in 1992. You were not allowed into the factory but you
> were allowed to view the factory (the real deal) from observation walk
> ways.

Many chocolate factories in Europe do the same.....You are not allowed
inside..

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

I just spoke with someone who visited Cadbury Word in Bourneville a few
months ago. You are not allowed into the factory but their is an
enclosed catwalk type thing that allows you to see the chocolate
factory.

I also hear that you can get a container of molten chocolate and then
add whatever you want to it - assuming you want to add something to it.

On Oct 16, 10:06 pm, "Chembake" > wrote:
> F wrote:
> > I do not recommend Hershey, PA. I went there about a year to two ago.
> > One does not actually go into the chocolate factory. Instead one goes
> > on a simulated factory tour. It is done in much the same way that
> > Disney do their rides.

> > To me the trip was more about like going to Choco-Disney than going to
> > a chocolate factory.

> > I went to Cadbury World in Bournville (South of Birmingham in the
> > United Kingdom) in 1992. You were not allowed into the factory but you
> > were allowed to view the factory (the real deal) from observation walk
> > ways.Many chocolate factories in Europe do the same.....You are not allowed

> inside..

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Farrel wrote:
> I just spoke with someone who visited Cadbury Word in Bourneville a few
> months ago. You are not allowed into the factory but their is an
> enclosed catwalk type thing that allows you to see the chocolate
> factory.

Check for your self if you can do the same with other chocolate
factories in Europe

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

As you know the Aztecs introduced the world to Chocolate. In Oaxaca
Mexico they have shopps all over town called Molinos where cacao,
almonds cinnamon and sugar are ground together to make as pure a
chocolate as you will find. You see EVERYTHING go into it and have the
ability to control what is in YOU chocolate.

This past July I struck a deal with Mayordomo Chocolate in Oaxaca to
not only import thier chocolate but their process as well. I am
currently working to install these shops in major upscale supermarkets
across america. Things are going slowly, doe to a great deal of civil
strife in Oaxaca but we are still making progress.

The grinders usend there are now in my posession and I am working to
import ingredients. Please feel free to keep in contact with me here
and I will let you know when the first shop is up and running and not
only cna you see chocolate being made, you cna see YOU chocolate being
made and take it home still hot from the mill.

Walt Lewis
Oaxacan Chocolate LLC
MayordomoUSA

On 26 Sep 2006 20:55:17 -0700, "Cyril" > wrote:

>Hi, Can anyone recomend of a chocoalte store or factory where a bunch
>of chocolate enthusiast can witness making chocolate from bean to end
>product? We are located in the NY- CT -metro area...
>Cyril

Which Factory is this from ? Mal from Oz Tea 11 08-04-2007 06:07 AM
Chocoalte visit Cyril Chocolate 1 13-12-2006 11:05 AM
Who's the Bigger Sh*t Factory?....................... [email protected] Vegan 0 24-11-2005 10:02 PM
Kolache Factory Vox Humana General Cooking 18 11-12-2004 04:28 PM
Chocoalte Frosting BMC Baking 3 02-03-2004 04:09 PM