Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Detailed Video Lessons for Kungfu Tea brewing with Yixing purple clay teapot.

Seasoning a new Yixing clay teapot (7'29" 28.9M)
Do Kung Fu Tea with Yixing teapots (12'11" 46.9M)
Cleaning a Yixing clay teapot (3'30" 13.5M)
(size: 384*288, codec: wmv9)

Download it,
http://www.china-teapot.com/index.ph...ges&pages_id=8

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Kung Fu Tea, Chinese name is Gong Fu Cha.
Cha mean tea, Gongfu mean time and skill in chinese.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Falky foo

He used TOOTHPASTE to clean the pot???

> wrote in message
ps.com...
> Seasoning a new Yixing clay teapot (7'29" 28.9M)
> Do Kung Fu Tea with Yixing teapots (12'11" 46.9M)
> Cleaning a Yixing clay teapot (3'30" 13.5M)
> (size: 384*288, codec: wmv9)
>
> Download it,
> http://www.china-teapot.com/index.ph...ges&pages_id=8

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Just for seasoning (first using) a NEW Yixing clay teapot !

Falky foo 写道:

> He used TOOTHPASTE to clean the pot???
>

> > wrote in message
> ps.com...
> > Seasoning a new Yixing clay teapot (7'29" 28.9M)
> > Do Kung Fu Tea with Yixing teapots (12'11" 46.9M)
> > Cleaning a Yixing clay teapot (3'30" 13.5M)
> > (size: 384*288, codec: wmv9)

Download it,
http://www.china-teapot.com/index.ph...ges&pages_id=8

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Falky foo

why toothpaste

> wrote in message
oups.com...
Just for seasoning (first using) a NEW Yixing clay teapot !

Falky foo ??:

> He used TOOTHPASTE to clean the pot???
>

> > wrote in message
> ps.com...
> > Seasoning a new Yixing clay teapot (7'29" 28.9M)
> > Do Kung Fu Tea with Yixing teapots (12'11" 46.9M)
> > Cleaning a Yixing clay teapot (3'30" 13.5M)
> > (size: 384*288, codec: wmv9)

Download it,
http://www.china-teapot.com/index.ph...ges&pages_id=8

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Cheap.
The effect is good.
Does not have the pollution or harms, it is able to clean your tooth,
certainly also could clean teapot.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Scott Dorsey

Falky foo > wrote:
>He used TOOTHPASTE to clean the pot???

Makes sense. It's a convenient super-fine abrasive. Very handy as a plastic
polish too, and for grinding out scratches in CDs and polycarbonate lenses.
--scott

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
kuri

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message

> Falky foo > wrote:
> >He used TOOTHPASTE to clean the pot???

> Makes sense. It's a convenient super-fine abrasive. Very handy as a

plastic
> polish too, and for grinding out scratches in CDs and polycarbonate

lenses.

Yep. That's not a big problem if your CD stinks of toothpaste for a while.
Now, if you don't mind that smell on your Yixing pots...

Kuri

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Falky foo

Doesn't it leave a "refreshing minty taste" in the pot?

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Gyorgy Sajo

> skrev i en meddelelse
ps.com...
> Seasoning a new Yixing clay teapot (7'29" 28.9M)
> Do Kung Fu Tea with Yixing teapots (12'11" 46.9M)
> Cleaning a Yixing clay teapot (3'30" 13.5M)
> (size: 384*288, codec: wmv9)
>
> Download it,
> http://www.china-teapot.com/index.ph...ges&pages_id=8

The last movie (Cleaning a Yixing clay teapot) does not seem to work; my
Windows Media Player refuses to play it. Does anyone else have the same
problem with it?

Gyorgy

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

clean it with water carefully, in boils above 30 minutes with tea, only
tea flavor.

JUST use for NEW pot or OLD USED pot.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Falky foo

I had the same problem

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Mydnight

>Seasoning a new Yixing clay teapot (7'29" 28.9M)
>Do Kung Fu Tea with Yixing teapots (12'11" 46.9M)
>Cleaning a Yixing clay teapot (3'30" 13.5M)
>(size: 384*288, codec: wmv9)

Thanks for the advertisement for your site, we surely do appreciate it.

BTW, your pots are outrageously expensive.
Buyer beware.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Mydnight

>Seasoning a new Yixing clay teapot (7'29" 28.9M)
>Do Kung Fu Tea with Yixing teapots (12'11" 46.9M)
>Cleaning a Yixing clay teapot (3'30" 13.5M)
>(size: 384*288, codec: wmv9)

There are some things that I would like to ask you about your gongfu
style.

I have never seen anyone use sniffing glasses (xiang bei, wen bei) with
Da Hong Pao before. It's usually done with Tie Guan Yin or the Taiwan
Gao Shan teas. Also, why didn't the girl smell the actual tea before
drinking? It seems rather a rather stylized version of gongfu tea.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
John

I can log into your website, i want to collect all website about tea,
if you are interest in it ,you can send your info to me.Website logoA
small pic with 180X60)
Website Name(company name):
Website link:
Introduction:
You don't need to pay anything to us.Our website is
www.teahistory.net, thanks
My email is

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Mike Petro

On 6 Dec 2005 00:05:04 -0800, "John" > wrote:

>I can log into your website, i want to collect all website about tea,
>if you are interest in it ,you can send your info to me.Website logoA
>small pic with 180X60)
> Website Name(company name):
> Website link:
> Introduction:
> You don't need to pay anything to us.Our website is
>www.teahistory.net, thanks
> My email is

What is it about these guys starting websites in China? This guy is
just as bad as the china-teapot guy. The TeaHistory is more like
TeaPlagiarism.com as all of the English articles and many of the
graphics on the site were stolen from other sites/businesses. This guy
is even worse as he is claiming a copyright by placing Copyright
2004-2005 TeaHistory at the bottom of the stolen articles AND he is
also signing his name to them as being the editor.

I investigated every article in the Puerh section and every single
article and picture was stolen. The guy even had enough nerve to ask
me via email for links to my site, he didn't say that he would also
steal my content.

For that matter every single English article I checked was stolen. I'm
sorry, I "assume" they are stolen because many of them are from
businesses like "Gray and Seddon" that I feel certain would not have
given permission.

Could someone who is Chinese (literally from China) please tell me if
this behavior considered to be OK in China? Is it normal and accepted?
Is intellectual property considered fair game for anyone to steal? Or
are these guys considered unethical there? It certainly is not
acceptable in the West.

Hehe, Adagio and Generation Tea are advertising there, it appears that
they don't mind this behavior.

Mike Petro
http://www.pu-erh.net
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Lewis Perin

"Mydnight" > writes:

> >Seasoning a new Yixing clay teapot (7'29" 28.9M)
> >Do Kung Fu Tea with Yixing teapots (12'11" 46.9M)
> >Cleaning a Yixing clay teapot (3'30" 13.5M)
> >(size: 384*288, codec: wmv9)

> There are some things that I would like to ask you about your gongfu
> style.
>
> I have never seen anyone use sniffing glasses (xiang bei, wen bei) with
> Da Hong Pao before.

Are you saying you don't like the aroma?

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
niisonge

Ha, you could do a web search in Chinese, and out of 10 websites, the
information would be exactly the same. It's copy copy copy all the
time. It takes a lot of time and effort to translate some Chinese text
into English - and it would probably be muddled English at best; and
it's so much easier to copy. So when one can find a good site, one is
more likely to copy the information.

But I always find, the quality of information in Chinese about tea on
the web is not as good as what is printed in books.

In China, everyone does that kind of thing. Sometimes, they say at the
bottom where the text originated from. But who really knows? But then,
there are some sites that also have original material - mostly on BBS.

> Could someone who is Chinese (literally from China) please tell me if
> this behavior considered to be OK in China? Is it normal and accepted?
> Is intellectual property considered fair game for anyone to steal? Or
> are these guys considered unethical there? It certainly is not
> acceptable in the West.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Marlene Wood

My guess (at least for Adagio) is that they don't know. Didn't do their
homework I guess. I'll tell them about the plagerism. Thanks Mike!
Marlene
> Hehe, Adagio and Generation Tea are advertising there, it appears that
> they don't mind this behavior.
>
> Mike Petro
> http://www.pu-erh.net

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Mike Petro

niisonge wrote:
> Ha, you could do a web search in Chinese, and out of 10 websites, the
> information would be exactly the same. It's copy copy copy all the
> time. It takes a lot of time and effort to translate some Chinese text
> into English - and it would probably be muddled English at best; and
> it's so much easier to copy. So when one can find a good site, one is
> more likely to copy the information.
>
> But I always find, the quality of information in Chinese about tea on
> the web is not as good as what is printed in books.
>
> In China, everyone does that kind of thing. Sometimes, they say at the
> bottom where the text originated from. But who really knows? But then,
> there are some sites that also have original material - mostly on BBS.

Thanks for the response. I understand that it is done frequently but is
it considered ethical by the Chinese people? Do the Chinese webmasters
consider it to be wrong but they are just being lazy, or do they think
that they are allowed to do whatever they want and copyrights dont
count. I am honestly trying to understand the Chinese culture about
this type of thing.

Mike

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Marlene Wood

I've told the powers that be at Adagio. Apparently, they never gave
permission, much less asked for the ad to be on the site. I don't know if
they'll take action, and I don't know if teahistory would pay attention if
they did. But now Adagio knows.

Marlene

"Marlene Wood" > wrote in message
> My guess (at least for Adagio) is that they don't know. Didn't do their
> homework I guess. I'll tell them about the plagerism. Thanks Mike!
> Marlene
>> Hehe, Adagio and Generation Tea are advertising there, it appears that
>> they don't mind this behavior.
>>
>> Mike Petro
>> http://www.pu-erh.net

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Mike Petro

Marlene Wood wrote:
> I've told the powers that be at Adagio. Apparently, they never gave
> permission, much less asked for the ad to be on the site. I don't know if
> they'll take action, and I don't know if teahistory would pay attention if
> they did. But now Adagio knows.

Cool, at least they know now. I will do the same for Michael at GenTea.

Mike

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Falky foo

I didn't mind the ad for their site.. at least they're providing some
content and I figure they can plug their stuff if they've gone to the
trouble to make some vids.

However I agree, the pots are very expensive.

I thought you used smelling cups for any type of tea you want (of course
white tea doesn't have much smell so it would be kind of wasted on it). I'm
sure there are as many styles of gongfu as there are gongfuers.

I just wanna know, and nobody will tell me, why you'd use toothpaste to
clean a pot! Doesn't it leave mintiness in the pores of the clay? Or is
Chinese toothpaste flavor-free?

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Mydnight

>Are you saying you don't like the aroma?

It does have a decent odor, but I think using a sniffing glass wouldn't
do much for it. The point of using those glasses is to catch the full
bodied scent of the more aromatic teas. Da Hong Pao does have a nice
earthy smell and a good flavor, but it's not prized on it's scent like
Tie Guan Yin or Gao Shan are.

You can just smell the lid of the teapot/gaiwan or even your glass
after you've finished drinking the tea and you would get the same scent
concerning DHP.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Mydnight

>Could someone who is Chinese (literally from China) please tell me if
>this behavior considered to be OK in China?

In short, yes. It's a part of their culture to copy.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Mydnight

>I didn't mind the ad for their site.. at least they're providing some
>content and I figure they can plug their stuff if they've gone to the
>trouble to make some vids.

Cheating foreigners here in China is considered a prized ability in
business. More and more Chinese are learning that by using the
internet, they can cheat people even easier. The OP is undoubtly
Chinese and he has probably started a business based around the idea of
finding foreigners on the internet and trying his best to cheat them.
I mean, look at the prices for those pots on his site. I can ride down
to Fangcun and find some of those exact same pots between 5-15 bucks
and he's selling for over 100 (sometimes 200).

As for the copying. There isn't much that can be done about that
unless he is hosting his site outside of China.

Anyway, before I get into a long lecture about Chinese business
practices and go into a tirade, I'm going to bed. Bottom line is,
don't buy anything from this guy. He's just trying to cheat us "stupid
foreigners" out of money when in fact, we probably know more about tea
than he does.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Lewis Perin

"Mydnight" > writes:

> >Are you saying you don't like the aroma?

> It does have a decent odor, but I think using a sniffing glass wouldn't
> do much for it. The point of using those glasses is to catch the full
> bodied scent of the more aromatic teas. Da Hong Pao does have a nice
> earthy smell and a good flavor, but it's not prized on it's scent like
> Tie Guan Yin or Gao Shan are.

I find an aroma cup *intensifies* the aroma of a tea, and this can be
especially nice for teas like DHP whose scents are less flamboyant
than some others. It's also a nice way to follow the evolution of the
empty-cup aroma over time.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Robert

You don't need to pay anything to them in the internet, if you want to
buy someting, you should ask your chinese friends to help you. You can
see some tea art perform video here
http://www.teahistory.net/Article/Sp...how/Index.html

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Robert

Did you dink Da Hong Pao before, is it the real Da Hong Pao, i don't
think so, of course you can see the DHP Kungfu perform. The real
Dahongpao only for aution in Hongkong or Shanghai, they selt it 25000
$ for 20 grams, last year a Singapore man bought it.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Mydnight

>Did you dink Da Hong Pao before, is it the real Da Hong Pao, i don't
>think so, of course you can see the DHP Kungfu perform. The real
>Dahongpao only for aution in Hongkong or Shanghai, they selt it 25000
>$ for 20 grams, last year a Singapore man bought it.

There is much "real" Da Hong Pao. Your meaning is probably did it come
from the original Da Hong Pao plants that the Emperor/leaders used to
get their tea from. I hate to break it to you buddy, but I seriously
doubt any of that REALLY goes up for sale. It probably goes straight
to Beijing. I'm in China, and I bought Da Hong Pao from a shop that
specializes in tea that comes directly from Wuyi mountain and that's
real enough for me. Don't try to play the card that just because you
are Chinese you know so much more about tea than we do. Some of us are
currently living in China, have visited China before, or even have over
10 or 15 years of tea experience.

And, you still didn't answer my question. Why did you use a "wen bei"
for Da Hong Pao but then the girl didn't actually smell the tea before
she drank it? Two people sitting around in their home and drinking tea
together gongfu style is not "tea art," sorry to tell you. Besides,
were YOU drinking REAL Da Hong Pao? I don't think so.

You, my friend, are a rip-off artist. It's a pity there are no laws
preventing people like you from coming to places like this to spam.
You remind me of the creatins at Fangcun (芳村) that try to sell me
50RMB Tie Guan Yin for 500RMB simply because they think I know
absolutely nothing about tea. I just hope that nobody here is
persuaded to buy into the nonsense on your website (and even that
happens to be stolen from other sources on the net, anyway).

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Mike Petro

On 7 Dec 2005 20:59:41 -0800, "Robert" > wrote:

>You don't need to pay anything to them in the internet, if you want to
>buy someting, you should ask your chinese friends to help you. You can
>see some tea art perform video here
>http://www.teahistory.net/Article/Sp...how/Index.html

Who did you STEAL these videos from?

Please go away....

Mike Petro
http://www.pu-erh.net
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
niisonge

Those are professionally produced videos, that you can purchase in
bookstores and videostores in China. They make videos like that on a
wide variety of topics - like cooking videos, hairstyle videos,
applying make-up videos, massage videos, tea videos, all kinds of
stuff. You watch videos like that, and you can learn a lot. I watched a
lot of those in China - just because I was bored. It was fun. The
make-up video was really good. I learned a lot from that - maybe more
than I should know. In China, it's a good way to get instant education.

> Who did you STEAL these videos from?

How care and use your yixing teapot yixingteapot Tea 0 05-04-2009 05:20 PM
Where to buy Yixing clay teapot JJ Tea 1 27-11-2006 05:27 PM
Where to buy purple clay teapot JJ Tea 0 22-11-2006 07:26 AM
Using Yixing teapot all the day Benoit Tea 2 26-05-2005 11:34 PM
My first use of Yixing teapot Opother Tea 3 11-10-2003 04:38 PM