Ben

Default What's the best tea site?

Hey everyone! I really want some good tea links. I was thinking of
something like coffeegeek but for tea. I'm finding it really hard to
get good information on which brands are good and which aren't. I like
all types of tea or herbal tea, but if there's a site you like that's
dedicated to a specific type that's cool too. Also I just wanted to
know what you guys think of mightyleaf tea. I've tried different kinds
and liked most of it. Thanks a lot!

Here's what i mentioned:
http://coffeegeek.com/
http://www.mightyleaf.com/defa ult.aspx

toci

Upton carries almst all its teas in sample size, so you can compare six
Darjeelings or 6 Oolongs for under ten dollars each. Ten Ren has a
wide variety of teabags, which can serve the same function. Mightyleaf
looks like an interesting site, but isn't sampler friendly.

Aloke Prasad

I buy my Darjeelings from

http://www.silvertipstea.com/
--
Aloke
----

"toci" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Upton carries almst all its teas in sample size, so you can compare six
> Darjeelings or 6 Oolongs for under ten dollars each. Ten Ren has a
> wide variety of teabags, which can serve the same function. Mightyleaf
> looks like an interesting site, but isn't sampler friendly.

Scott Dorsey

toci > wrote:
>Upton carries almst all its teas in sample size, so you can compare six
>Darjeelings or 6 Oolongs for under ten dollars each. Ten Ren has a
>wide variety of teabags, which can serve the same function. Mightyleaf
>looks like an interesting site, but isn't sampler friendly.

Note that only a very small number of the Ten Ren teas are available in
bags, and the bags are pretty much always made with one of the lower grade
teas. For example, they have something like eight different grades of
tikuanyin available. The Rockville, MD store stocks about four of them
but can get the others on request. The tikuanyin bags are probably made
with the lowest grade (which is not a bad tea at all).

I am drinking the Ten Ren "black" in bags right now, since it is very
convenient for travelling.
--scott

Peter Clifford

On 14 Aug 2005 09:27:44 -0400, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

>The Rockville, MD store stocks about four of them

My wife works in Rockville. I'll have her stop by there for me.

Peter
<><

Mo

Coffeegeek is definitely the ultimate coffee site, I use it all the
time. I have also been searching for an equivalent site for teas, with
no luck. Lots of tea sales sites, of course. I have been happily buying
from Uptons for a few years. I feel that I can trust them to sell
quality products, and their customer service has been excellent. The
only bad experience I've had is with Simpson and Vail, www.svtea.com.
They have a poorly maintained website and just don't have in stock
items that are on the website. After ordering from them after about 2
hours of online shopping, I got a "sorry that item is not in stock, but
we can sell you this product for three times as much" email a few days
later Had to go back to the drawing board and spend another couple of
hours finding what I had wanted--I hate that!

Good luck!

MO

Ben wrote:
> Hey everyone! I really want some good tea links. I was thinking of
> something like coffeegeek but for tea. I'm finding it really hard to
> get good information on which brands are good and which aren't. I like
> all types of tea or herbal tea, but if there's a site you like that's
> dedicated to a specific type that's cool too. Also I just wanted to
> know what you guys think of mightyleaf tea. I've tried different kinds
> and liked most of it. Thanks a lot!
>
> Here's what i mentioned:
> http://coffeegeek.com/
> http://www.mightyleaf.com/defa ult.aspx

toci

Yes, "which from Wisconsin State of America." Toci

I've had some great experiences with these sites.

http://www.psteas.com - some great selection of loose teas and decent
prices.
http://www.adagio.com - some great teaware, esp their ingenuitea set.
http://www.republicoftea.com - love their tea jams and tea drinks.

Mydnight

>It does, but I can't see how that would smell like latex either.

Some of my two year-old, incredibly poor quality TGY that I have
sitting on the shelf behind me has sort of taken on that scent. The
Tianfu (what Ten Ren is called in China, what it originally was called)
actually sells this sort of tea to the public; bad thing is, people buy
it. I definitely wouldn't put it past them to do that sort of business
in the US; a place seemingly where nobody knows jack about tea. At
least we know the wiser.

george

Hi Ben:

My wife and I own Indonique Tea and Chai cafe in New Orleans. If you
want to learn more about tea visit the Speialty Tea Institute at
www.teausa.org. I recommend reading Norwell Pratt's "Tea Treasury" for
the basics. Next, armed with this knowlege, visit a tea retailer like
Indonique and test them. Our specialty is Chai, but we sell lots of
premium wholeleaft teas. We're at: www.indonique.com. And because
we're not afraid of corporate competition, try:
www.harney.com or
www.serendipitea.com

Also, a great site for teashops around the usa is at the tea map on
www.adagio.com

Best of luck
George and Daya Constance
Indonique, LLC

eric

George and Daya Constance, Our hearts go out to you, your
families and all the victims of Katrina.
..