Serendip

Default Adagio, IPOT, Earl Grey, Irish Breakfast, Jenaer

On 3/22/2005 12:56 AM, Bluesea wrote:
> "Serendip" > wrote in message
>>

> <snipped good news>
>>
>> Last night I opened In Pursuit of Tea Earl Grey, and made a cup in the
>> IngenuiTEA. I was surprised to see that the tea is all stems. Very
>> fragrant, but I was expecting leaves. No unfurling, no fluffy leaves,
>> just... stems. Is that unusual for IPOT? It's a 1/4 pound package, and
>> though I didn't empty it out, I did dig through it, and stems... all

> stems.
>>
>> Adagio is clearly in the plus column, and IPOT, well... I'm surprised,
>> but will wait to hear if this is typical, and stems aren't a big deal. I
>> don't know *why* I think that stems should be absent, or minimal at
>> best, but I do. Yes, no, doesn't matter?

> How did it taste? I've had only one tea, Black Berry from culinaryteas, that
> had a lot of stems and it didn't have much flavor at all. It seems to me
> that stems don't provide flavor but only add to the weight of the package,
> so I'm opposed to there being very many of them.
>
> You might ask IPOT if your package of EG is typical.

It tastes like strong bergamot tea - I prefer a more moderate bergamot,
so don't know if it's me, the blend, or abundance of stems. However now
that I am loving the "agony of the leaves" it doesn't *LOOK* okay -
nothing unfurls!

Serendip

Earl Grey Joshua Tea Tea 12 26-01-2006 11:33 PM
Review: Adagio's Irish Breakfast & Keemun Concerto (Mao Feng) Bluesea Tea 9 07-03-2005 07:07 PM
Review: Adagio's Irish Breakfast & Keemun Concerto (Mao Feng) Bluesea Tea 0 28-02-2005 08:25 PM
best decaf earl grey, eng breakfast, etc? Sally P. Tea 9 21-10-2004 01:28 AM
Earl Grey/Lady Grey Ripon Tea 7 26-02-2004 04:23 AM