Mydnight

Default Don't Use Tea Talk!

If you want to participate in this group, please download an
appropriate newsgroup reader such as Forte Agent or BNP NewsReaper.
Tea Talk is currently using our newsgroup, rec.food.drink.tea,
seemingly for malicious purposes akin to spam. We would love to have
you join us and discuss tea, but through appropriate means!!!! Please
don't use teatalk.

Mydnight

--------------------
thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.
Derek

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:57:02 GMT, Mydnight wrote:

> If you want to participate in this group, please download an
> appropriate newsgroup reader such as Forte Agent or BNP NewsReaper.
> Tea Talk is currently using our newsgroup, rec.food.drink.tea,
> seemingly for malicious purposes akin to spam. We would love to have
> you join us and discuss tea, but through appropriate means!!!! Please
> don't use teatalk.

Yes. Instead of TeaTalk, please use an appropriate newsgroup reader
such as Forte Agent for malicious purposes akin to spam. If that won't
work, try news2web.com - it's free and you can use it for malicious
purposes in more newsgroups than just the tea ones.

For. The. Love. Of. God.

Ignorance of the user does not make the interface invalid. Anybody
else thought to work with DragonWater to improve the disclaimers on
the TeaTalk site to educate the user rather than simply bashing the
site for the actions of its visitors?

--
Derek

On the sixth day, God created the platypus. And God said, "Let's see
the evolutionists try and figure this one out."
Derek

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:57:02 GMT, Mydnight wrote:

> If you want to participate in this group, please download an
> appropriate newsgroup reader such as Forte Agent or BNP NewsReaper.
> Tea Talk is currently using our newsgroup, rec.food.drink.tea,
> seemingly for malicious purposes akin to spam. We would love to have
> you join us and discuss tea, but through appropriate means!!!! Please
> don't use teatalk.

Yes. Instead of TeaTalk, please use an appropriate newsgroup reader
such as Forte Agent for malicious purposes akin to spam. If that won't
work, try news2web.com - it's free and you can use it for malicious
purposes in more newsgroups than just the tea ones.

For. The. Love. Of. God.

Ignorance of the user does not make the interface invalid. Anybody
else thought to work with DragonWater to improve the disclaimers on
the TeaTalk site to educate the user rather than simply bashing the
site for the actions of its visitors?

--
Derek

On the sixth day, God created the platypus. And God said, "Let's see
the evolutionists try and figure this one out."
Mike Boucher

"Derek" > wrote in message ...
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:57:02 GMT, Mydnight wrote:
>
> > If you want to participate in this group, please download an
> > appropriate newsgroup reader such as Forte Agent or BNP NewsReaper.
> > Tea Talk is currently using our newsgroup, rec.food.drink.tea,
> > seemingly for malicious purposes akin to spam. We would love to have
> > you join us and discuss tea, but through appropriate means!!!! Please
> > don't use teatalk.

> Yes. Instead of TeaTalk, please use an appropriate newsgroup reader
> such as Forte Agent for malicious purposes akin to spam. If that won't
> work, try news2web.com - it's free and you can use it for malicious
> purposes in more newsgroups than just the tea ones.
>
> For. The. Love. Of. God.
>
> Ignorance of the user does not make the interface invalid. Anybody
> else thought to work with DragonWater to improve the disclaimers on
> the TeaTalk site to educate the user rather than simply bashing the
> site for the actions of its visitors?

In my last email to dragonwater tea I explained to the owner that I agreed
with him on the fact that we should educate the new users but that he should
do his part by explaining what a news group was, how it is used etc. This
was a very polite email and I have yet to see any change on the web site.

The ball is in his court.

Mike

Mydnight

>For. The. Love. Of. God.
>
>Ignorance of the user does not make the interface invalid. Anybody
>else thought to work with DragonWater to improve the disclaimers on
>the TeaTalk site to educate the user rather than simply bashing the
>site for the actions of its visitors?

We cannot assume that the users of teatalk are ignorant, for the love
of god, you aren't God, so quit assuming so much.

I'm sure many of the users know what a newsgroup is, and since the
it's not really publicized on the website that it is running threads
from this newsgroup, after we tell them, maybe the users would either
download some software or avoid using teatalk.

Go to it, 'educate them. But, the site is getting free stuff and info
via our newsgroup and probably will not be reprimanded by anyone else
than us considering it's free-medium.

so quit being a little bitch about it. if you don't agree with our
method, shut up about it.

Mydnight

--------------------
thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.

Mydnight

>For. The. Love. Of. God.
>
>Ignorance of the user does not make the interface invalid. Anybody
>else thought to work with DragonWater to improve the disclaimers on
>the TeaTalk site to educate the user rather than simply bashing the
>site for the actions of its visitors?

We cannot assume that the users of teatalk are ignorant, for the love
of god, you aren't God, so quit assuming so much.

I'm sure many of the users know what a newsgroup is, and since the
it's not really publicized on the website that it is running threads
from this newsgroup, after we tell them, maybe the users would either
download some software or avoid using teatalk.

Go to it, 'educate them. But, the site is getting free stuff and info
via our newsgroup and probably will not be reprimanded by anyone else
than us considering it's free-medium.

so quit being a little bitch about it. if you don't agree with our
method, shut up about it.

Mydnight

--------------------
thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.
Hamilcar Barca

In article > (Fri, 14 Jan 2005
18:57:02 +0000), Mydnight wrote:

> Tea Talk is currently using our newsgroup, rec.food.drink.tea,

r.f.d.t isn't yours, mine, or ours.

> seemingly for malicious purposes akin to spam.

Posting substantially identical messages to Usenet is spam. Tea Talk
isn't doing this. Its detractors, however, are doing this.
Hamilcar Barca

In article > (Fri, 14 Jan 2005
18:57:02 +0000), Mydnight wrote:

> Tea Talk is currently using our newsgroup, rec.food.drink.tea,

r.f.d.t isn't yours, mine, or ours.

> seemingly for malicious purposes akin to spam.

Posting substantially identical messages to Usenet is spam. Tea Talk
isn't doing this. Its detractors, however, are doing this.
Derek

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:33:46 GMT, Mydnight wrote:

>>For. The. Love. Of. God.
>>
>>Ignorance of the user does not make the interface invalid. Anybody
>>else thought to work with DragonWater to improve the disclaimers on
>>the TeaTalk site to educate the user rather than simply bashing the
>>site for the actions of its visitors?

> We cannot assume that the users of teatalk are ignorant, for the love
> of god, you aren't God, so quit assuming so much.

Ever thought of heeding your own advice?

> I'm sure many of the users know what a newsgroup is, and since the
> it's not really publicized on the website that it is running threads
> from this newsgroup, after we tell them, maybe the users would either
> download some software or avoid using teatalk.

My experience is that most people have used a web browser. Few of the
people I know actually know what a newsgroup is before I tell them.
That was, of course, different when I was working tech support. But
tech workers are hardly representative of the general public.

However, that is a guesstimation. I do not have any solid figures to
compare how many individuals post to newsgroups versus how many shop
online. So, admittedly, I could be wrong.

> Go to it, 'educate them. But, the site is getting free stuff and info
> via our newsgroup and probably will not be reprimanded by anyone else
> than us considering it's free-medium.

Nothing says that they can't provide NNTP access through their web
page. Google does it. News2web does it. Some ISP's actually offer it
to their subscribers.

> so quit being a little bitch about it. if you don't agree with our
> method, shut up about it.

This is usenet. If you can't stand criticism, get off of the soap box.

I have as much right to criticize the filling of our newsgroup with
new complaint threads as you have to criticize spam.

Look at what your "method" gained. The guys at Dragonwater are now
hand moderating the service. They didn't take it down. They just
deleted your complaints from it. So you're annoying the site owners,
who still offer the service, and you're annoying other users of
rec.food.drink.tea. But TeaTalk's users will pretty much be spared.

At the same time, the disclaimer I politely suggested be added as
been. Whether or not it makes a difference remains to be seen.

--
Derek

The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawn mower.
pilo_

In article >, Derek > wrote:

> At the same time, the disclaimer I politely suggested be added as
> been.

translation, please...?

pilo_

In article >, Derek > wrote:

> At the same time, the disclaimer I politely suggested be added as
> been.

translation, please...?
Derek

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 21:45:20 GMT, pilo_ wrote:

> In article >, Derek > wrote:
>
>> At the same time, the disclaimer I politely suggested be added as
>> been.

> translation, please...?

It's missing an "h". That should have ended with "has been." As in,
"Because I wasn't a jerk about it, the site owner paid attention to
what I wrote, and made a change."

--
Derek

If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, it's
because they take better care of it.
Derek

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 21:45:20 GMT, pilo_ wrote:

> In article >, Derek > wrote:
>
>> At the same time, the disclaimer I politely suggested be added as
>> been.

> translation, please...?

It's missing an "h". That should have ended with "has been." As in,
"Because I wasn't a jerk about it, the site owner paid attention to
what I wrote, and made a change."

--
Derek

If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, it's
because they take better care of it.

Where is the Egg Talk? W. Baker Diabetic 30 25-08-2011 05:50 PM
LET'S TALK ABOUT No Name Asian Cooking 2 07-08-2009 08:46 PM
Hardly any talk about Top Chef Alan Calan General Cooking 35 07-03-2009 04:12 AM
OT? All this talk... Paco's Tacos General Cooking 2 31-05-2007 06:27 AM
More muffin talk...lol johnniemccoy@ Diabetic 0 10-04-2007 06:09 AM