Poe

Default Earl Gray?

Any recomendations for Earl Gray? Prefferably in a tin (I like to
collect the tins) I've been drinking Twinings which is enjoyable but
seems lacking. They claim its made from the finest teas but there is a
heck of a lot of stems in there.

On a different note Sunflower, Jasmin Tea, I love this tea.

Thanks

Poe

RJP

"Poe" > wrote:

> Any recomendations for Earl Gray? Prefferably in a tin (I like to
> collect the tins) I've been drinking Twinings which is enjoyable but
> seems lacking. They claim its made from the finest teas but there is a
> heck of a lot of stems in there.

I'm not an Earl Grey buff but I have some friends who like it and
are partial to Upton's Extra Bergamot English Earl Grey (TE11)
as well as their Finest Earl Grey (TE20).

--
Randy
(if replying by e-mail, remove SPAMFREE and DeLeTe from my address)

RJP

"Poe" > wrote:

> Any recomendations for Earl Gray? Prefferably in a tin (I like to
> collect the tins) I've been drinking Twinings which is enjoyable but
> seems lacking. They claim its made from the finest teas but there is a
> heck of a lot of stems in there.

I'm not an Earl Grey buff but I have some friends who like it and
are partial to Upton's Extra Bergamot English Earl Grey (TE11)
as well as their Finest Earl Grey (TE20).

--
Randy
(if replying by e-mail, remove SPAMFREE and DeLeTe from my address)

Mike Petro

It doesn't come in tins but I really like Eastern Shore brand Earl
Grey. I lined up about 15 different highly rated Earl Greys and tasted
them all side by side and this was the winner, to my taste at least.

Small package
http://www.baltcoffee.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id/873
or by the pound
http://www.baltcoffee.com/catalog/pr...oducts_id/1071

This website rates and reviews Earl Grey teas, it is worth a visit
http://www.concentric.net/~dusted/EarlGrey/Rating.html

Golden Moon Tippy Earl Grey was a good second choice for me and it
does com in tins.

>Any recomendations for Earl Gray? Prefferably in a tin (I like to
>collect the tins) I've been drinking Twinings which is enjoyable but
>seems lacking. They claim its made from the finest teas but there is a
>heck of a lot of stems in there.

Mike Petro
http://www.pu-erh.net
remove the "filter" in my email address to reply
de_soie

Harneys' Supreme Earl Grey is my favorite, with La Russe Douchka from
Damman Freres a close second. And Harneys does come in a tin!
Mike Petro wrote:
> It doesn't come in tins but I really like Eastern Shore brand Earl
> Grey. I lined up about 15 different highly rated Earl Greys and

tasted
> them all side by side and this was the winner, to my taste at least.
>
> Small package

http://www.baltcoffee.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id/873
> or by the pound
> http://www.baltcoffee.com/catalog/pr...oducts_id/1071
>
> This website rates and reviews Earl Grey teas, it is worth a visit
> http://www.concentric.net/~dusted/EarlGrey/Rating.html
>
> Golden Moon Tippy Earl Grey was a good second choice for me and it
> does com in tins.
>
> >Any recomendations for Earl Gray? Prefferably in a tin (I like to
> >collect the tins) I've been drinking Twinings which is enjoyable but
> >seems lacking. They claim its made from the finest teas but there is

> >heck of a lot of stems in there.

> Mike Petro
> http://www.pu-erh.net
> remove the "filter" in my email address to reply

de_soie

Mike Petro wrote:
> It doesn't come in tins but I really like Eastern Shore brand Earl
> Grey. I lined up about 15 different highly rated Earl Greys and

tasted
> them all side by side and this was the winner, to my taste at least.
>
> Small package

http://www.baltcoffee.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id/873
> or by the pound
> http://www.baltcoffee.com/catalog/pr...oducts_id/1071
>
> This website rates and reviews Earl Grey teas, it is worth a visit
> http://www.concentric.net/~dusted/EarlGrey/Rating.html
>
> Golden Moon Tippy Earl Grey was a good second choice for me and it
> does com in tins.
>
> >Any recomendations for Earl Gray? Prefferably in a tin (I like to
> >collect the tins) I've been drinking Twinings which is enjoyable but
> >seems lacking. They claim its made from the finest teas but there is

> >heck of a lot of stems in there.

> Mike Petro
> http://www.pu-erh.net
> remove the "filter" in my email address to reply

Bluesea

"Poe" > wrote in message ...
> Any recomendations for Earl Gray? Prefferably in a tin (I like to
> collect the tins) I've been drinking Twinings which is enjoyable but
> seems lacking. They claim its made from the finest teas but there is a
> heck of a lot of stems in there.

I suggest that you try different ones for yourself because the best Earl
Grey for you may very much depend on the base tea as much as it depends on
the amount of bergamot. For example, Twinings is so-so for me, Bigelow is
good, and Hedley's makes me gag. Hedley's uses Ceylon and the others use
Asian blends or China blacks or something like that and while I've yet to
find my perfect Earl Grey, I've found that the Earl Greys made with Ceylon
base teas are the ones that I'm most likely to pour down the drain.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Bluesea

"Poe" > wrote in message ...
> Any recomendations for Earl Gray? Prefferably in a tin (I like to
> collect the tins) I've been drinking Twinings which is enjoyable but
> seems lacking. They claim its made from the finest teas but there is a
> heck of a lot of stems in there.

I suggest that you try different ones for yourself because the best Earl
Grey for you may very much depend on the base tea as much as it depends on
the amount of bergamot. For example, Twinings is so-so for me, Bigelow is
good, and Hedley's makes me gag. Hedley's uses Ceylon and the others use
Asian blends or China blacks or something like that and while I've yet to
find my perfect Earl Grey, I've found that the Earl Greys made with Ceylon
base teas are the ones that I'm most likely to pour down the drain.

--
~~Bluesea~~

fLameDogg

Poe > wrote in :

> Any recomendations for Earl Gray? Prefferably in a tin (I like to
> collect the tins)

Well, you might drop by www.englishteastore.com and try theirs. I liked it
the last time I tried it, and they just switched to metal tins from clear
plastic cylinders.

--

fD
fLameDogg

fLameDogg wrote:
> Poe > wrote in :
>
> > Any recomendations for Earl Gray? Prefferably in a tin (I like to
> > collect the tins)

> Well, you might drop by www.englishteastore.com and try theirs. I

liked it
> the last time I tried it, and they just switched to metal tins from

clear
> plastic cylinders.
>
> --
>
> fD

I agree. the englishteastore.com has some pretty good ones. I also like
the grand earl grey from www.teanas.com.

How to make gray icing? John Kuthe[_3_] General Cooking 0 12-04-2016 04:09 AM
Earl Gray [email protected] Tea 4 31-01-2013 08:37 PM
Earl Gray? Poe Tea 0 23-12-2004 02:30 PM