Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How to make gray icing?

On Monday, April 5, 1993 at 1:49:42 AM UTC-5, Nicole Vecchi wrote:
> I made gray icing--by mistake! Several months ago I made a red
> velvet cake and then proceeded to make the icing. The only flour
> I had was unbleached--the stuff looked like gray wall paper paste!
>
> If it's still not gray enough, start with food coloring.
>
> I didn't want gray so I added in 2 squirt bottles of yellow--the
> icing was the taxi-cab yellow.
>
> nicole

Food colors are fun to play with. When Bryan and I lived together at Novelty Studios we used to make black pancakes, black spagetti sauce and one time made blue AND green spagetti!

John Kuthe...

How to make gray icing? [email protected] General Cooking 6 12-04-2016 02:27 PM
Earl Gray [email protected] Tea 4 31-01-2013 08:37 PM
Earl Gray? Poe Tea 10 07-01-2005 08:21 AM
Earl Gray? Poe Tea 0 23-12-2004 02:30 PM
blue icing, how do we make it dark? Mark General Cooking 9 17-09-2004 01:31 AM