Default Upton's best?

Hi,

I'm assembling a present, starting with a nice tea pot I've found at
Upton, and am planning on sending some teas from the same dealer along
with it. Can anyone recommend their favorites from Upton? I'm hoping to
put together an array (starting with Assam, then adding an oolong and a
green, a white tea, etc.)

Thanks for any suggestions!

sally

Mike Boucher

<>
> I'm assembling a present, starting with a nice tea pot I've found at
> Upton, and am planning on sending some teas from the same dealer along
> with it. Can anyone recommend their favorites from Upton? I'm hoping to
> put together an array (starting with Assam, then adding an oolong and a
> green, a white tea, etc.)
>
> Thanks for any suggestions!
>
> sally

I really love their ZK98 China Keemun Mao Feng.
To me it has a honey/chocolate aroma and taste. An excellent Keenum.

Mike

Mike Boucher

<>
> I'm assembling a present, starting with a nice tea pot I've found at
> Upton, and am planning on sending some teas from the same dealer along
> with it. Can anyone recommend their favorites from Upton? I'm hoping to
> put together an array (starting with Assam, then adding an oolong and a
> green, a white tea, etc.)
>
> Thanks for any suggestions!
>
> sally

I really love their ZK98 China Keemun Mao Feng.
To me it has a honey/chocolate aroma and taste. An excellent Keenum.

Mike

Doug Hazen, Jr.

Meleng Assam TA77
Darjeeling TD03
Fujian ZP94
Lapsang S. zs80
Hao Ya 'A' zk90

These are just some I have or I've tried recently.

Doug

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm assembling a present, starting with a nice tea pot I've found at
> Upton, and am planning on sending some teas from the same dealer along
> with it. Can anyone recommend their favorites from Upton? I'm hoping to
> put together an array (starting with Assam, then adding an oolong and a
> green, a white tea, etc.)
>
> Thanks for any suggestions!
>
> sally

Doug Hazen, Jr.

Meleng Assam TA77
Darjeeling TD03
Fujian ZP94
Lapsang S. zs80
Hao Ya 'A' zk90

These are just some I have or I've tried recently.

Doug

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm assembling a present, starting with a nice tea pot I've found at
> Upton, and am planning on sending some teas from the same dealer along
> with it. Can anyone recommend their favorites from Upton? I'm hoping to
> put together an array (starting with Assam, then adding an oolong and a
> green, a white tea, etc.)
>
> Thanks for any suggestions!
>
> sally

Ripon

Hi Sally, my choices are-

Doomni estate Assam
Keemun Hao Ya A
Panyang golden tribute
Milima estate Kenya TGFOP

Ripon
Vienna,VA

Bluesea

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm assembling a present, starting with a nice tea pot I've found at
> Upton, and am planning on sending some teas from the same dealer along
> with it. Can anyone recommend their favorites from Upton? I'm hoping to
> put together an array (starting with Assam, then adding an oolong and a
> green, a white tea, etc.)
>
> Thanks for any suggestions!

What a great gift! I'm giving a Chatsford mug and tin of white to a friend
who never heard of white tea before I mentioned it, but your gift sounds
much better (and more expensive!).

Okay, so here's my list:

TC09 Decaf English Breakfast
TD09 Decaf Darjeeling
ZG09 Decaf Green
ZG32 Green Dew Gunpowder
ZG34 Jade Pearl Gunpowder
ZH25 Organic Pu-Erh
ZW82 China White Snow Buds
BA10 South African Rooibos
BA04 Green Rooibos Poire Creme

--
~~Bluesea~~

Bluesea

oups.com...

Bluesea wrote:

> What a great gift! I'm giving a Chatsford mug and tin of white to a

friend
> who never heard of white tea before I mentioned it, but your gift

sounds
> much better (and more expensive!).

Actually, I'm only giving one tin - the rest are going to be samples
(most $1 each from Upton.) I figure that makes more sense for a person
who's relatively new to loose-leaf teas and hasn't tried anything
beyond the standard black teas. Tins of all would also leave me a bit
broke for the holidays!

sally

Bluesea wrote:

> What a great gift! I'm giving a Chatsford mug and tin of white to a

friend
> who never heard of white tea before I mentioned it, but your gift

sounds
> much better (and more expensive!).

Actually, I'm only giving one tin - the rest are going to be samples
(most $1 each from Upton.) I figure that makes more sense for a person
who's relatively new to loose-leaf teas and hasn't tried anything
beyond the standard black teas. Tins of all would also leave me a bit
broke for the holidays!

sally

Beaker

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:23:25 -0800, Mike Boucher quoth:

> I really love their ZK98 China Keemun Mao Feng.
> To me it has a honey/chocolate aroma and taste. An excellent Keenum.

Do you steep this for the reccommended 5-8 minutes?
Seems overpowering at 4 minutes for me.

bkr

Mike Boucher

"Beaker" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:23:25 -0800, Mike Boucher quoth:
> >>

> > I really love their ZK98 China Keemun Mao Feng.
> > To me it has a honey/chocolate aroma and taste. An excellent Keenum.

> Do you steep this for the reccommended 5-8 minutes?
> Seems overpowering at 4 minutes for me.
>
> bkr

I usually steep it for 4-5 minutes.
It is one of my favorites.

Mike

Samples from Upton's toci Tea 0 10-07-2014 11:53 PM
Box from Upton's Scott Dorsey Tea 7 02-11-2010 05:32 AM
Assam from Upton's Thitherflit Tea 7 17-03-2008 09:26 PM
Anybody tried Upton's green pu-erh? RJP Tea 3 20-09-2006 01:09 AM
Who is better than Upton for green tea? [email protected] Tea 7 10-04-2005 01:02 AM