Steve Hay

Default IPOT Green Pu-Erh and Nantou Oolong

I just tried In Pursuit Of Tea's Green Pu-Erh, and it was really good.
The odd taste of Pu-erh is something I'm strangely getting addicted to.
That earthy taste is something I could and am getting used to. I am
having trouble putting to words the flavor of this tea. It did last
four infusions (and may have lasted more) with great flavor which only
started to diminish a bit too much in the fourth steeping. I can see
why people just leave it steeping all day and sip, adding water. I've
got the silver needle Pu-erh still waiting, which I think will be
interesting.. What I am really looking forward to finding out is if the
delicate aftertaste of the white tea is also present in this pu-erh...

As for the Nantou Oolong, it was very good, although the flavor of
orchid was a bit overpowering. Still, a quality tea and one I will
surely enjoy again.

IPOT's Silver Needle White Tea seemed a little more vegetal than the one
from SpecialTeas... It was not a bad experience, and I need to play a
bit with steeping temperatures, as the bag called for hotter water than
I usually use for white teas. 180 degrees. After the more vegetal
initial flavor, the honeysuckle aftertaste was very nice, and perhaps
better than what I experienced with the SpecialTeas Silver Needle,
although to be fair, I haven't tried them side by side. Both of them
were exquisite.

Also of note, I found IPOT's Chai to be a little too gingery for my
tastes, but it may be that by adding some sugar, and perhaps brewing
with milk instead I'll get something much more enjoyable to my tastes.
The SpecialTea Chai was sweeter, which appealed to my Chai sense a bit more.

Steve
Doug Hazen, Jr.

Hi Steve,

"Steve Hay" > wrote in message
> I just tried In Pursuit Of Tea's Green Pu-Erh, and it was really good.

I assume you mean http://store.yahoo.com/teastores/greenpuerbee.html, which
is the only Green Puer I could find on their site?

Thanks.

Doug

Doug Hazen, Jr.

Hi Steve,

"Steve Hay" > wrote in message
> I just tried In Pursuit Of Tea's Green Pu-Erh, and it was really good.

I assume you mean http://store.yahoo.com/teastores/greenpuerbee.html, which
is the only Green Puer I could find on their site?

Thanks.

Doug

Steve Hay

Doug Hazen, Jr. wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> "Steve Hay" > wrote in message
>
>>I just tried In Pursuit Of Tea's Green Pu-Erh, and it was really good.

> I assume you mean http://store.yahoo.com/teastores/greenpuerbee.html, which
> is the only Green Puer I could find on their site?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Doug

That's the one...
Steve Hay

Doug Hazen, Jr. wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> "Steve Hay" > wrote in message
>
>>I just tried In Pursuit Of Tea's Green Pu-Erh, and it was really good.

> I assume you mean http://store.yahoo.com/teastores/greenpuerbee.html, which
> is the only Green Puer I could find on their site?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Doug

That's the one...